It is currently 05/18/24 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next   Page 2 of 3   [ 60 posts ]
PostPosted: 10/13/09 9:56 am • # 26 
Administrator

"The man has insulted Me,U and 1/2 the Citizenry of the United States, by tossing ur case and calling it 'Frivolous'..."

Is that true, Gopqed? Image

PostPosted: 10/13/09 10:34 am • # 27 
Editorialist

Quite frankly, the Court is reluctant to even dignify this argument by responding to it, but it captures the essence of counsel's misunderstanding of the purpose of the courts and her misunderstanding of her own claims .... To suggest that an Army officer, who has received a medical education at the expense of the government and then seeks to avoid deployment based upon speculation that the President is not a natural born citizen, is equivalent to a young child, who is forced to attend an inferior segregated school based solely on the color of her skin, demonstrates an appalling lack of knowledge of the history of this Country and the importance of the civil rights movement. Counsel's attempt to align herself with Justice Marshall appears to be an act of desperation rather than one of admiration. For if counsel truly admired Justice Marshall's achievements, she would not seek to cheapen them with such inapt comparisons.

this is gorgeous. i would love to think i could write something like this.

PostPosted: 10/16/09 5:15 am • # 28 
Administrator

This woman is truly delusional ~ all of her questions/demands HAVE been answered ~ repeatedly ~ she just doesn't like the answer ~ maybe she should review Rule 11 sanctions ~ or, better yet, have a REAL lawyer [or even a 1st year law student] explain those sanctions to her ~ Sooz

Taitz responds to judge's sanctions order

Orly Taitz doesn't take defeat lightly -- if she did, the lead lawyer in the Birther movement would have given up tilting at windmills a long time ago. So it's not surprising that her reaction to the news that U.S. District Judge Clay Land has imposed a $20,000 sanction on her for her conduct in one lawsuit before his court is an angry one.

In a post on her blog, headlined, "How mcuh criminal activity do they need to cover up, for them to attack me so viciously," Taitz wrote:

Quote:

In regards to Judge Clay Land, his outrageous decision to sanction me $20,000 for repeatedly bringing eligibility issue, shows how far this regime will go to harass and intimidate attorneys who dare to question Obama's legitimacy.

Anybody with half a brain in his head understands that if judge Land really believed that my law suits were frivolous, the easiest way to prove it, would be to order discovery. If Obama is legitimate, he would've shown proof of legitimacy. The fact that this judge decided to try to intimidate me with $20,000 of sanctions instead of ordering Obama to spend $10 on a copy of his hospital birth certificate and a hospital birthing file, shows how corrupt this regime is, how many in federal judiciary are aiding and abetting this massive fraud perpetrated on each and every member of US military and each and every citizen of this country. That is a sign of a dictatorial regime, of tyranny.

Taitz has also said that she will not pay the sanction, and will appeal it "as high as I have to go."

PostPosted: 10/16/09 6:23 am • # 29 
Administrator

Double the sanction every time she loses and, of course, she pays all costs.

PostPosted: 10/16/09 8:11 am • # 30 
Editorialist

man, this just keeps getting better! Image

Orly is the gift that keeps on giving.

please don't disbarr her until she is bankrupt. pretty please.

PostPosted: 10/29/09 4:01 pm • # 31 
Administrator

Another loss and more revelations about Orly Taitz's "lawyering skills" ~ I fully expect some kind of verbal explosion from her ~ but I keep rolling my eyes at the thought of Taitz and Alan Keyes conversing ~ about anything ~ Image ~ Sooz

Judge dismisses Taitz, Keyes' biggest Birther suit

In a comprehensive, respectful but damning opinion, a federal court puts an end to the Birthers' best hope

The Birthers' last, best hope -- a case brought by Orly Taitz on behalf of Alan Keyes, among many others -- has failed. On Thursday, U.S. District Judge David Carter issued a ruling in which he dismissed the case, which had been ongoing since the day of President Obama's inauguration.

The ruling, which can be read in PDF form here, is pretty striking. Taitz's followers had always thought of Carter as the judge most sympathetic to their claims, and though they'll undoubtedly turn on him now, the Clinton appointee's order shows how important he thought it to give the Birthers' claims a fair hearing -- not because he's anything approaching a Birther himself, but because he takes his job seriously. Though the opinion is ultimately devastating to Taitz's legal arguments, and Carter did take the rather unusual step of directly addressing the attorney's conduct, it's also respectful, thoughtful and serious.

If Taitz and the rest of the Birthers had any chance in court, it was with this case, because of Keyes' inclusion, as well as the presence of two other minor candidates from last fall. Not only did he run against Obama in the Illinois Senate race of 2004, but he also mounted a third-party presidential campaign last year. For this reason, he had an outside shot at showing that he had been personally affected, a key issue in proving standing, which is necessary for a court to take up a case. The U.S. Attorney's office, arguing on behalf of Obama, had said that because Keyes had no shot at victory, he couldn't prove standing. (This prompted a moment of levity from Carter, who noted of those who'd voted for Keyes and the other candidates, "The Court may have already met this entire group of voters at the hearings on this matter.")

The judge was obviously disturbed by this defense, and he worried about a slippery slope, asking if the argument would have applied to Ross Perot. But, still, he did not find that Keyes and his fellow plaintiffs had standing, because they could not prove "redressability" -- that is, they couldn't show that the court had the power, under the Constitution, to do anything about the wrongs they alleged. This led to one of the more compelling parts of the opinion, an argument about the Constitution itself, and what the Birthers fail to understand about it even as they claim to be its only defenders:

Quote:

The founders of the Constitution created impeachment to allow an orderly process of transition and succession during which the country can continue to function. Plaintiffs' request, asking this Court to sweep away the votes of over sixty-nine million Americans with the stroke of a pen and order a new election during which the country would be in a state of turmoil, ignores the Constitution's processes and separation of powers that were developed by the founders ....

Plaintiffs have encouraged the Court to ignore these mandates of the Constitution; to disregard the limits on its power put in place by the Constitution; and to effectively overthrow a sitting president who was popularly elected by "We the People" -- over sixty-nine million of the people. Plaintiffs have attacked the judiciary, including every prior court that has dismissed their claim, as unpatriotic and even treasonous for refusing to grant their requests and for adhering to the terms of the Constitution which set forth its jurisdiction. Respecting the constitutional role and jurisdiction of this Court is not unpatriotic. Quite the contrary, this Court considers commitment to that constitutional role to be the ultimate reflection of patriotism.

As I've noted before, no court decision like this will be enough to kill the Birthers, or the myths about Obama's birthplace that they've been spreading. No conspiracy theory dies that easily, and given that one quarter of Republicans don't believe the president's even a U.S. citizen, we should expect that the Birthers will rise from the dead in time for the 2012 election.

But this may be the final blow that ends Taitz's leadership in the movement. Other leaders had already grown disillusioned with her, and skeptical of her prowess as a lawyer. The end of Carter's opinion won't help her on that score:

Quote:

The hearings have been interesting to say the least. Plaintiffs' arguments through Taitz have generally failed to aid the Court. Instead, Plaintiffs' counsel has favored rhetoric seeking to arouse the emotions and prejudices of her followers rather than the language of a lawyer seeking to present arguments through cogent legal reasoning. While the Court has no desire to chill Plaintiffs' enthusiastic presentation, Taitz's argument often hampered the efforts of her cocounsel ... to bring serious issues before the Court. The Court has attempted to give Plaintiffs a voice and a chance to be heard by respecting their choice of counsel and by making every effort to discern the legal arguments of Plaintiffs' counsel amongst the rhetoric.

This Court exercised extreme patience when Taitz endangered this case being heard at all by failing to properly file and serve the complaint upon Defendants and held multiple hearings to ensure that the case would not be dismissed on the technicality of failure to effect service. While the original complaint in this matter was filed on January 20, 2009, Defendants were not properly served until August 25, 2009. Taitz successfully served Defendants only after the Court intervened on several occasions and requested that defense counsel make significant accommodations for her to effect service. Taitz also continually refused to comply with court rules and procedure. Taitz even asked this Court to recuse Magistrate Judge Arthur Nakazato on the basis that he required her to comply with the Local Rules. Taitz also attempted to dismiss two of her clients against their wishes because she did not want to work with their new counsel ....

Additionally, the Court has received several sworn affidavits that Taitz asked potential witnesses that she planned to call before this Court to perjure themselves. This Court is deeply concerned that Taitz may have suborned perjury through witnesses she intended to bring before this Court.

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/

PostPosted: 10/29/09 4:13 pm • # 32 
Editorialist

whoa! the court is accusing Taitz of asking witnesses to LIE? that is some serious s*&t.

PostPosted: 10/29/09 5:08 pm • # 33 
Editorialist

not only I don't owe $10,000 in sanctions, but the defendants owe costs and my reasonable attorneys fees. These fees just went up significantly

I am putting up a thousand bucks against ten for any and all comers; the thousand bucks saying she won't ever collect a penny. Image

you're probably right, Front. They should pay her $5.00 or so...in kopecs.

Last edited by grampatom on 10/29/09 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 10/31/09 3:46 am • # 34 
Administrator

My favorite tidbits from this response to her latest case being tossed out of court are: [1] Chicago is responsible for the "assassination" of Sarah Palin's "character", and [2] implying/inferring that Obama has 39 Social Security numbers ~ Taitz is clearly certifiable and delusional ~ which, of course, make her more attractive to ... Mac ~ Image ~ as an aside, I'm sure the "Chicago" reference was enhanced by Alan Keyes ~ when Keyes moved to Chicago in an attempt to win the then-open Peter Fitzgerald Senate seat, he lost to Obama by something like a 98%-2% margin ~ literally ~ and when Keyes left town, he also left thousands of dollars in unpaid debts ~ Sooz

Orly Taitz responds to her case's dismissal

The Birther-in-chief isn't happy to see her hopes of unseating President Obama dashed

Birther attorney Orly Taitz has never responded well to having one of her many cases tossed out of court. Unsurprisingly, she had much the same reaction after a federal judge dismissed the case she brought on behalf of Alan Keyes and many others on Thursday.

From a post -- titled "What doesn't break us, makes us stronger" -- on Taitz's blog, in which she mentions a certain media outlet by name:

Quote:

Clearly it is not the end of the road. We will continue. I need some time to study this order and provide full answer point by point. I will not give a full analysis of judge Carter's orders at the moment. Today I was inundated with phone calls from different media outlets ... One interview I remebered. It was with Jessica Rosenthal from FOX radio. She asked me, when will I give up? I asked her in turn: "Jessica, when do you give up on the Constitution of this country? When do you give up on your constitutional rights for redress of grievances, for your right not to be defrauded by the government, not be treated as a slave?"

While I will not address the legal aspects of the order today, I will address a couple of issues relating to me personally, as I can see a concerted effort to assassinate my character similar to what was done to Sarah Palin, when she joined McCain, when within a day McCain-Palin ticket was 12 points ahead of Obama. What did Chicago combine do? They assassinated her character. So I have to address some of those issues, because it appears that the media has named me a leader of this movement. I am the only attorney, who brought legal actions from plaintiffs with real standing. I brought actions from active duty military and state representatives. My opposition see me as a threat. What was done? Some puppets were used to defame me, slander me, write garbage letters to judge Carter .... I hoped that this judge had more integrity of character, I guess I was wrong.

Another point - Judge Carter state in court and in his order that I told people to call him This is not true. Who told it to judge Carter? His new clerk, fresh out of Perkins Coie, law firm, that represented Obama, in some 100 cases? ....

Citizens seem to have no voice, they have no standing to bring any legal actions in face of any fraud. They only have standing to pay taxes and pay for the judges, clerks, congress and senate who never address any issues. They should have no concerns about an inhabitant of the White house sporting 39 social security numbers, some are the social security numbers of the deceased. How long will it take for those citizens to revolt? Washington Post has written that 8 out of 10 Americans know about this issue. According to AOL-it's 85%. This number is growing. How long will those people be silent? 4,5 million marched on Washington DC on September the 12th. How many will march next time around, when so many loose their jobs (half a million jobs every month officially) and probably double that number unofficially. When they loose their homes at a rate higher then the rate during great depression. When they become numb from hatred against this fraudulent usurper in the White House, corrupt politicians and corrupt judges. Who will stop them? A few snooty remarks on MSM and on the faithful to regime lap dog blogs like Politijab, Salon or Politico? When people loose their voice, when they are livid from the arrogance shown by the ruling elite, they simply revolt

http://www.salon.com/news/orly_taitz/in ... z_responds

PostPosted: 10/31/09 5:08 am • # 35 
This lady is a loon. And I exaggerate on the word "lady".

PostPosted: 10/31/09 10:13 am • # 36 
Editorialist

Taitz is clearly certifiable and delusional ~ which, of course, make her more attractive to ... Mac ~ Image ~

oh so true.....i have a weakness for the mentally ill.

PostPosted: 10/31/09 10:50 am • # 37 
Editorialist

Washington Post has written that 8 out of 10 Americans know about this issue. According to AOL-it's 85%.

wtf is she talking about?

PostPosted: 11/01/09 12:32 am • # 38 
the monster wrote:
............. and you're generously understating with the word loon.

Just another clown drunk on celebrity imo. Too thick to realise she's thick.

PostPosted: 11/01/09 3:38 pm • # 39 
Editorialist

FeatheredFish wrote:
the monster wrote:
............. and you're generously understating with the word loon.

Just another clown drunk on celebrity imo. Too thick to realise she's thick.

watch it. that is my girlfriend you are talking about there.

PostPosted: 11/01/09 4:18 pm • # 40 
macroscopic wrote:
That's a fine way to discover it's over between us, you insensitive hussy!! Image

PostPosted: 11/01/09 4:25 pm • # 41 
Editorialist

FeatheredFish wrote:
macroscopic wrote:
That's a fine way to discover it's over between us, you insensitive hussy!! Image
wait- you didn't get the flowers?

PostPosted: 11/01/09 4:31 pm • # 42 
Administrator

PSSSSSSSSSSST, Mac ~ I warned you that MAILING the flowers to Scotland would take much too long ~ Image

Sooz

Last edited by sooz06 on 11/01/09 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 11/01/09 4:39 pm • # 43 
macroscopic wrote:
I just want to know what's she got that I've not! Image

(apart from my flowers obviously!)

PostPosted: 11/02/09 6:28 am • # 44 
Editorialist

FeatheredFish wrote:
macroscopic wrote:

i will always remember you for your kilt.

PostPosted: 11/02/09 7:11 am • # 45 
Administrator

FeatheredFish wrote:
macroscopic wrote:

Boobs? [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif[/img]

PostPosted: 11/02/09 7:22 am • # 46 
macroscopic wrote:
i will always remember you for your kilt.

PostPosted: 11/02/09 7:41 am • # 47 
Administrator

LOL ~ that smiley is another KEEPER ~ but dang, you're creating a lot of work, FF ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/02/09 8:06 am • # 48 
sooz08 wrote:
LOL ~ that smiley is another KEEPER ~ but dang, you're creating a lot of work, FF ~ Image

Sooz

Happy to be of service m'am. Image

PostPosted: 11/02/09 2:09 pm • # 49 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
FeatheredFish wrote:
macroscopic wrote:

Boobs? Image

You have no way of knowing that...hahahaImage

PostPosted: 11/02/09 4:18 pm • # 50 
Editorialist

green apple tree wrote:
oskar576 wrote:
FeatheredFish wrote:
macroscopic wrote:

Boobs? Image

You have no way of knowing that...hahahaImage
that would all depend on how good of a researcher he is. i found a picture of her by going to her dental office website.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next   Page 2 of 3   [ 60 posts ] New Topic Add Reply