It is currently 05/18/24 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next   Page 1 of 3   [ 60 posts ]
PostPosted: 09/17/09 2:19 am • # 1 
Administrator

Getting "laughed out of court" will NOT stop Orly Taitz ~ she is Queen of Birthers and "on a mission" ~ and is, I believe, the woman who "found" the fraudulent Kenyan birth certificates ~ what I find particularly interesting is that the MSM devotes massive amounts of print and time to the "birthers" and yet I didn't read/hear results of this lawsuit in any MSM, not print and not on-air ~ which, at least to me, kind-a deflates the "vast liberal media" conspiracy theory ~ Sooz

Orly Taitz gets laughed out of court

Orly Taitz, the de facto leader of the Birthers -- the people who believe President Obama doesn't meet the Constitution's eligibility requirements for his job -- is nothing if not persistent. So she'll probably be back in court soon enough. But the fairly epic smackdown she received at the hands of a federal judge Wednesday is bound to be discouraging.

Taitz had, to her credit, come up with a pretty creative strategy. The Birther lawsuits have, thus far, run up against the problem of "standing" -- any plaintiff suing in U.S. courts must show that they have a specific injury at issue; you can't just sue over something that doesn't affect you directly. And courts have held before that the average voter doesn't have standing to sue over something like the eligibility of a presidential candidate. So Taitz has been finding members of the military who claim they're concerned that they might be following illegal orders because Obama's isn't really the president, and filing lawsuits on their behalf. (The merits of this strategy are still questionable at best, but it is at least creative.) In this case, she was representing U.S. Army Capt. Connie Rhodes, a surgeon who was fighting deployment to Iraq -- the suit was dismissed in federal court in Texas, so she brought it again in Georgia.

The problem is there were still all sorts of problems with Taitz's case. And in a scorching order dismissing the suit, United States District Judge Clay Land, a Bush appointee, let her know all about them. He also threatened her with sanctions if she files any more "similarly frivolous ... actions in this Court."

Among other things, Land pointed out that despite Taitz's claim that the president hasn't provided "satisfactory" proof of his birth in Hawaii, he has released an official document proving just that. And, he said, "Plaintiff's challenge to her deployment order is frivolous. She has presented no credible evidence and has made no reliable factual allegations to support her unsubstantiated, conclusory allegations and conjecture that President Obama is ineligible to serve as President of the United States."

Some of the choicer bits from Land's order:

Quote:

Acknowledging the existence of a document that shows the President was born in Hawaii, Plaintiff alleges that the document "cannot be verified as genuine, and should be presumed fraudulent." In further support of her claim, Plaintiff relies upon "the general opinion in the rest of the world" that "Barack Hussein Obama has, in essence, slipped through the guardrails to become President." Moreover, as though the "general opinion in the rest of the world" were not enough, Plaintiff alleges in her Complaint that according to an "AOL poll 85% of Americans believe that Obama was not vetted, needs to be vetted and his vital records need to be produced." Finally, in a remarkable shifting of the traditional legal burden of proof, Plaintiff unashamedly alleges that Defendant has the burden to prove his "natural born" status. Thus, Plaintiff's counsel, who champions herself as a defender of liberty and freedom, seeks to use the power of the judiciary to compel a citizen, albeit the President of the United States, to "prove his innocence" to "charges" that are based upon conjecture and speculation. Any middle school civics student would readily recognize the irony of abandoning fundamental principles upon which our Country was founded in order to purportedly "protect and preserve" those very principles ....

Plaintiff's complaint is not plausible on its face. To the extent that it alleges any "facts," the Complaint does not connect those facts to any actual violation of Plaintiff's individual constitutional rights. Unlike in Alice in Wonderland, simply saying something is so does not make it so.

Taitz's response to all this? She told a local television station that Land "should be tried for treason with Obama" and that his decision "showed a total disrespect for the Constitution of the United States of America."

PostPosted: 09/17/09 3:03 am • # 2 
Idiots will remain idiots and behave like idiots are supposed to behave.

They will continue with this BS and we will continue to pay (where is fiscal responsibility?) for this nuisance.

We do need tort reform. You sue and lose, you should pay ALL the costs, including the defendant's. Perhaps that would cut down on such suits.

PostPosted: 09/17/09 3:34 am • # 3 
The woman should be deported for being in possession of an offensive nasal voice and discharging it in a public place.

This from her 'website' (It's a shambles btw).........
To:
I have challanged Judge Land to a round of "Fist a Cuff's" in the Couthouse Square, via E-mail… I told him that I might possibly beat some sense into him….The man has insulted Me,U and 1/2 the Citizenryof the United States, by tossing ur case and calling it "Frivolous"….No such thing as a Stupid Question, and I want to know who or what this thing in the Whitehouse is…. I will let u know what Judge Land's response is…

What's the usual response for threatening a judge with violence, Einstein? Image

PostPosted: 09/17/09 3:43 am • # 4 
Administrator

My sources (which shall remain anonymous) tell me that EDIT: Dr. Orly Taitz Esquire is on the short list of the future Bachmann/Palin administration for Attorney General.

Last edited by jabra2 on 09/17/09 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 09/17/09 3:51 am • # 5 
FF, with your ex post facto agreement I have lifted the link and text in your post ... thanks ... Image

PostPosted: 09/17/09 3:55 am • # 6 
Administrator

Presidential candidate Bachmann's pick of Dr. Orly Taitz Esquire to serve as attorney general would bring to the new administration a widely respected lawyer with extensive experience as a litigator, birther and idiot.

It would also add to the historic nature of the Bachmann White House. If confirmed, Dr. Orly Taitz Esquire will become the first Birther attorney general, the top US law enforcement officer.

Dr. Orly Taitz Esquire will likely win relatively easy confirmation in the Senate, political analysts say. But some note that she could face close questioning about her involvement in frivolous lawsuits.

http://www.Bachmann-Palin-2012-campaign.org/AG-pick.html

PostPosted: 09/17/09 4:15 am • # 7 
You must be a sage, jabra ... Image

PostPosted: 09/17/09 4:27 am • # 8 
Administrator

Just staying on top of issues, FC....Image

PostPosted: 09/17/09 9:01 am • # 9 
FrontlineCatch 22 wrote:
FF, with your ex post facto agreement I have lifted the link and text in your post ... thanks ... Image
Np FC.
I'll have my people contact your people with the standard licensing and distribution contract. Image

PostPosted: 09/17/09 9:37 am • # 10 
Where did she get her doctorate from - Ronald McDonald U.?

PostPosted: 09/17/09 10:23 am • # 11 
Administrator

This adds a bit more detail, but I'm adding it mostly for the link in the "Update" below which is a pdf of a complaint filed against Taitz ~ the complaint spells out her sociopathic [and seditious] behavior ~ and, for the first time I've ever heard, was filed anonymously because of retaliation fears ~ Image ~ Sooz

Birther Mastermind Wants Judge Tried for Treason

Weird | Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 11:00:50 am PDT

As we noted yesterday, Birther queen bee Orly Taitz's latest idiotic lawsuit has been thrown out of court - and the judge put her on notice that she'd face sanctions if she continued filing these mindless Birther suits.

Now she's comparing herself to Nelson Mandela, and wants the judge who warned her to be tried for treason.

Just when you thought the Nirthers couldn't get any crazier.

Quote:

In an interview with TPM just now, Birther evangelist Orly Taitz fired back at Clay Land, the U.S. district court judge who tore apart Birtherism and threatened Taitz with sanctions in an order today, saying that "somebody should consider trying [the judge] for treason and aiding and abetting this massive fraud known as Barack Hussein Obaman."

"This is so outrageous what this judge did - it goes in the face of law and order," said Taitz, reached at her office in Mission Viego, CA. "Not every judge is as corrupt as Judge Land. Some judges believe in the Constitution. And some judges believe in the rule of law." ...

"I'm not afraid of sanctions. Because I know this is not frivolous. I know this is extremely important - the most important issue in this country today."

"Judge Land is a typical puppet of the regime - just like in the Soviet Union," she said.

UPDATE at 9/17/09 11:28:42 am:

A complaint against Orly Taitz has been filed with the California State Bar; here's the PDF. She's gone quite a bit further than simply advocating Birtherism - she's calling for an armed revolution.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article ... or_Treason

Last edited by sooz06 on 09/17/09 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 09/17/09 11:03 am • # 12 
Administrator

pic, Taitz really IS certifiable ~ your word "doctorate" sent me in search of bio info on her ~ according to google, she is a Russian emigre, first to Israel and then to the US ~ she is a dentist [dentistry degree from Hebrew University in Israel], lawyer [law degree from the UNaccredited Taft Law School in California, which specializes in "long-distance learning" according to google], and licensed real estate broker [license is now expired] ~ Taitz favors Obama conspiracy theories but has been involved in several other bizarre conspiracy theories and lawsuits ~ you can check her out at the fully sourced google article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orly_Taitz ~ following are her Obama conspiracy theories, c/p'd from google ~ Sooz

Taitz alleges that Barack Obama was born in Kenya and that he falsified his Selective Service papers and his application to the Illinois bar.[17][/sup] Regarding Obama, Taitz has said: "I believe he is the most dangerous thing one can imagine, in that he represents radical communism and radical Islam: He was born and raised in radical Islam, all of his associations are with radical Islam, and he was groomed in the environment of the dirty Chicago mafia. Can there be anything scarier than that?"[18][/sup]

Other Obama-related conspiracy theories Taitz has repeated include:

• A number of homosexuals from Obama's former church have died mysteriously.
  • Obama has dozens of social security numbers, and his passport is inaccurate. Taitz claims that a person who was cooperating with the FBI in connection with Obama's passport died mysteriously, "shot in the head".
  • A Kenyan birth certificate with the name "Barack Obama" is authentic.
  • Obama's first act as president was to donate money to Hamas, which she claims will be used to build Qassam rockets.
  • Obama or someone connected to him has made threats to Taitz's life, including vandalizing her car.[9][/sup]

PostPosted: 09/17/09 11:16 am • # 13 
Quote:
Obama is having FEMA build internment camps for "Anti-Obama dissidents"

So we'll all know where to look for her when she gets her ass hauled off to jail... What a whacko!

PostPosted: 09/17/09 11:21 am • # 14 
Editorialist

you know what is funny, sooz? some people said exactly the same thing about Bush. i would be curious if Taitz was a conspiracist prior to 2008.

PostPosted: 09/18/09 2:47 am • # 15 
FeatheredFish wrote:
FrontlineCatch 22 wrote:
Np FC.
I'll have my people contact your people with the standard licensing and distribution contract. Image

Excellent! Please let your people call 1-888-328-7448 ... Image

PostPosted: 09/18/09 9:22 am • # 16 
Administrator

I hope Judge Land DOES impose sanctions on Taitz ~ too bad he's only talking a monetary fine ~ Sooz

Judge ready to slap Orly Taitz with $10,000 fine

Orly Taitz, one of the leaders of the Birther movement, may have finally crossed one too many lines. The courts will, after all, overlook the occasional frivolous lawsuit, even when filed by an attorney who can't get basic procedural issues right -- just the cost of doing business. But even a federal judge has a breaking point, and Clay Land appears to have reached his.

Earlier this week, Land dismissed a suit that Taitz had brought on behalf of Army Capt. Connie Rhodes, a surgeon who claimed that she couldn't follow her orders to deploy to Iraq because she's not sure President Obama is eligible, under the Constitution, to hold his current position. At the time, Land warned Taitz that if she filed any more "similarly frivolous ... actions in this Court" she'd face sanctions.

Taitz, of course, didn't seem to listen. Instead, she filed an angry motion asking Land to reconsider his decision and stay Rhodes' deployment. Apparently unaware of that old saying about catching more flies with honey than with vinegar (not true, incidentally, but that's an issue for another time), Taitz essentially accused the judge of committing treason. And, referring to the U.S. District Court on which Land serves, she wrote, "there is increasing evidence that the United States District Courts in the 11th Circuit are subject to political pressure, external control, and, mostly (sic) likely, subservience to the same illegitimate chain of command which Plaintiff has previously protested in this case, except that the de facto President is not even nominally the Commander-in-Chief of the Article III Judiciary."

For some reason, Land wasn't especially happy about this.

In an order issued Friday, Land denied Taitz's request and announced that he was considering making good on his threat of sanctions. He ordered the attorney-slash-dentist "to show cause why the Court should not impose a monetary penalty of $10,000.00 upon Plaintiff's counsel for her misconduct," and gave her 14 days to do so.

Land also took a swipe at Taitz's performance as an attorney, writing at one point that "competent counsel would have understood" one part of the law that was at issue. The implication was obvious.

PostPosted: 09/18/09 10:04 am • # 17 
Editorialist

Imposing sanctions would limit any ligitimization that was caused by the litigation in the first place, even though it was unsuccessful. It would officially label this crap as loony fringe garbage. I like it.

PostPosted: 09/20/09 11:55 am • # 18 
Editorialist

green apple tree wrote:
Imposing sanctions would limit any ligitimization that was caused by the litigation in the first place, even though it was unsuccessful. It would officially label this crap as loony fringe garbage. I like it.

i am having a blast watching this one. this person is about 3x as kooky as Palin, and therefore about 3x as likely to end up in jail over it.

PostPosted: 09/21/09 7:11 am • # 19 
Administrator

macroscopic wrote:
i am having a blast watching this one. this person is about 3x as kooky as Palin, and therefore about 3x as likely to end up in jail over it.

Mac, assuming you still feel that way, today's update should make you positively giddy ~ Image ~ Sooz

In a letter to Judge Clay Land, Rhodes wrote:

Quote:

I became aware on last night's local news that a Motion to Stay my deployment had been entered on my behalf. I did not authorize this motion to be filed. I thank you for hearing my case and respect [the ruling dismissing it.] It is evident that the original filing ... was full of political conjecture which was not my interest ....

With that I said (sic), please withdraw the Motion to Stay that Ms. Taitz filed this past Thursday. I did not authorize it and do not wish to proceed. Ms. Taitz never requested my permission nor did I give it ....

Furthermore, I do not wish for Ms. Taitz to file any future motions or represent me in any way in this court. It is my plan to file a complaint with the California State Bar due to her reprehensible and unprofessional actions.

This isn't the first time Taitz has done this sort of thing, despite the fact that it is -- to use the standard, complicated legal jargon -- a big no-no. Lawyers are supposed to represent their clients' wishes, not use their clients to advance their own interests, especially not without their permission.

Despite Rhodes' letter and Land's threat to fine her, Taitz appears ready to press on. In posts on her blog, she's talking about filing additional motions in the case, and she writes:

Quote:

This is very similar to what I have seen in the communist dictatorship in the Soviet Union .... What is next? They will throw me in FEMA GULAG? I hope each and every citizen of this country rises against this tyranny. I will be seeking all means of redress available to me by law. I will be seeking Rule 11 discovery to prove that Obama is indeed illegitimate, my case was not frivolous and not only I don't owe $10,000 in sanctions, but the defendants owe costs and my reasonable attorneys fees. These fees just went up significantly.

PostPosted: 09/21/09 7:34 am • # 20 
Editorialist

This is very similar to what I have seen in the communist dictatorship in the Soviet Union .... What is next? They will throw me in FEMA GULAG? I hope each and every citizen of this country rises against this tyranny. I will be seeking all means of redress available to me by law. I will be seeking Rule 11 discovery to prove that Obama is indeed illegitimate, my case was not frivolous and not only I don't owe $10,000 in sanctions, but the defendants owe costs and my reasonable attorneys fees. These fees just went up significantly.

O
M
F
G
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are right sooz. i am doing backflips over this one! Image

PostPosted: 09/22/09 5:38 am • # 21 
not only I don't owe $10,000 in sanctions, but the defendants owe costs and my reasonable attorneys fees. These fees just went up significantly

I am putting up a thousand bucks against ten for any and all comers; the thousand bucks saying she won't ever collect a penny. Image

PostPosted: 09/22/09 10:07 am • # 22 
Editorialist

FrontlineCatch 22 wrote:
not only I don't owe $10,000 in sanctions, but the defendants owe costs and my reasonable attorneys fees. These fees just went up significantly

I am putting up a thousand bucks against ten for any and all comers; the thousand bucks saying she won't ever collect a penny. Image
Save your betting money and send it directly to the defendants, so they can afford to keep fighting this load of manure.

PostPosted: 10/13/09 8:49 am • # 23 
Administrator

I'm thinking Judge Land does NOT like Orly Taitz ~ what do YOU think? ~ Image ~ I do intend to read the whole order [link below] because the snippets here are just too tantalizing to intentionally miss more of the same ~ but I think the judge is right: this likely will NOT stop her ~ she just might get herself tossed into jail ~ Sooz

Birther lawyer Taitz slapped with $20,000 sanction

U.S. District Judge Clay D. Land is not a happy man these days. Appointed to the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia by then-President George W. Bush, Land generally has pretty important matters to consider. But lately, he's been forced to deal with Orly Taitz, the rather eccentric lawyer-slash-dentist who's become the de facto leader of the Birthers. And he wants that to stop.

To that end, on Tuesday morning Land issued a lengthy order addressing Taitz's conduct and imposing a $20,000 sanction on her as punishment for her having repeatedly filed frivolous actions and motions.

The order, which can be downloaded in PDF form here, clocks in at 43 pages and is brutal, to say the least. Land clearly anticipates an appeal, and wants to lay out his case for imposing as large a sanction as he did in order to make the facts plain and a decision easy for the appeals court. It seems, too, that he might have done this with further sanctions against Taitz in mind; he forwarded his ruling to the bar in California, where Taitz is licensed to practice.

"The Court finds that counsel's conduct was willful and not merely negligent. It demonstrates bad faith on her part. As an attorney, she is deemed to have known better," Land writes in his ruling. "She owed a duty to follow the rules and to respect the Court. Counsel's pattern of conduct conclusively establishes that she did not mistakenly violate a provision of law .... Her response to the Court's show cause order is breathtaking in its arrogance and borders on delusional. She expresses no contrition or regret regarding her misconduct .... Counsel's bad faith warrants a substantial sanction."

At one point, Land also slams Taitz for having compared herself to the late Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, who successfully argued to end school segregation in the landmark Brown v. Board of Education case. Land writes:

Quote:

Quite frankly, the Court is reluctant to even dignify this argument by responding to it, but it captures the essence of counsel's misunderstanding of the purpose of the courts and her misunderstanding of her own claims .... To suggest that an Army officer, who has received a medical education at the expense of the government and then seeks to avoid deployment based upon speculation that the President is not a natural born citizen, is equivalent to a young child, who is forced to attend an inferior segregated school based solely on the color of her skin, demonstrates an appalling lack of knowledge of the history of this Country and the importance of the civil rights movement. Counsel's attempt to align herself with Justice Marshall appears to be an act of desperation rather than one of admiration. For if counsel truly admired Justice Marshall's achievements, she would not seek to cheapen them with such inapt comparisons.

The whole ruling is filled with writing like this; it's striking, really, for how thoroughly Land picks Taitz and her arguments apart, and for how much time he obviously devoted to this attempt to ensure that Taitz will stop clogging the courts. As he acknowledged, though, even the sanction he imposed -- twice the $10,000 fine he originally considered -- isn't likely to stop her.

PostPosted: 10/13/09 8:55 am • # 24 
Administrator

Unfriggingbelievable ~ this actually makes a pretty good case for "stupdity is contagious" ~ Image ~ Sooz

Quote of the day

There were a lot of classic moments in U.S. District Judge Clay Land's order hitting Birther lawyer Orly Taitz with a $20,000 sanction. But there was one that stood out above all the rest, in part because it's disturbing, in part because it sums up much of the Birther movement and in part because it was just funny.

At one point in his ruling, Land -- explaining why President Obama's eligibility for his post, or lack thereof, is not a matter for the courts -- writes:

Quote:

One can readily see the wisdom of entrusting the elected representatives of the people with the ultimate decision as to whether a President should be removed from office rather than litigating the issue in our courts. Although counsel's present concern is the location of the President's birth, it does not take much imagination to extend the theory to his birthday .... If he refused to admit publicly that he is older than the constitutional minimum age of thirty-five, should Ms. Taitz be allowed to file a lawsuit and have a court order him to produce his birth certificate? Or perhaps an eccentric citizen has become convinced that the President is an alien from Mars, and the courts should order DNA testing to enforce the Constitution.

Land isn't kidding about that last part, apparently. In a footnote attached to that argument, he writes:

Quote:

The Court does not make this observation simply as a rhetorical device for emphasis; the Court has actually received correspondence assailing its previous order in which the sender, who, incidentally, challenged the undersigned to a "round of fisticuffs on the Courthouse Square," asserted that the President is not human.

The story doesn't even end there. The person who wanted to fight Land apparently e-mailed Taitz herself to brag about it -- and Taitz posted the e-mail to her blog.

"I have challanged Judge Land to a round of "Fist a Cuff's" in the Couthouse Square, via E-mail... I told him that I might possibly beat some sense into him," the e-mailer wrote Taitz. "The man has insulted Me,U and 1/2 the Citizenry of the United States, by tossing ur case and calling it 'Frivolous'....No such thing as a Stupid Question, and I want to know who or what this thing in the Whitehouse is... I will let u know what Judge Land's response is..."

PostPosted: 10/13/09 9:21 am • # 25 
Administrator

Gobsmacked sounds about right.

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next   Page 1 of 3   [ 60 posts ] New Topic Add Reply