It is currently 05/11/24 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
PostPosted: 10/25/09 4:33 am • # 1 
Administrator

Interesting times we live in, especially for those of us who are disgusted with the Rs dog-and-pony show ~ earlier this week, Michael Savage [UGH] savaged Glenn Beck, predicting Beck would be out of a job within [I think] 60 days ~ also earlier this week, a retired general didn't hold back on his extremely negative opinion of the Bush/Cheney war mentality and aptitude ~ and now two prominent Rs are publicly disagreeing with [and indirectly chastising] Cheney ~ Sooz

By Ben Armbruster at 10:21 am

Hatch bucks Cheney: 'I would never want to call my president dithering.'

Despite his own failures in Afghanistan (namely turning valuable resources away from the war and invading Iraq), former Vice President Dick Cheney attacked President Obama this week, saying he is "afraid to make a decision" on the war in Afghanistan and that he's "dithering." Today on CNN, Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) disagreed with Cheney's assessment. "Well, I would never want to call my president 'dithering,'" Hatch said, adding, "And I know it's a tough position that he's in." Later, Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) was far more blunt in criticizing Cheney's remarks:

Quote:

BROWN: Look, to listen to Dick Cheney who was the mastermind of the most failed decade of foreign policy that this country has had, at least in my political lifetime, perhaps my whole lifetime, perhaps my parents' lifetime too. I mean to listen to him when he talked about dithering when their mistake was to attack Iraq and lose sight of Afghanistan as President Abdullah, sorry as Dr. Abdullah, presidential candidate Abdullah said that eight years of failure of Karzai implicitly is also eight years of failure of dithering by that administration, so just take Dick Cheney's advice off the table.

Watch it:

Update: On CBS' Face the Nation this morning, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) echoed Hatch on Cheney's "dithering" comment. "I wouldn't use that language," McCain said.

http://thinkprogress.org

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply