It is currently 05/18/24 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 36 posts ]
PostPosted: 11/12/09 9:31 am • # 1 
I'm sorry, but I can't think of anyone more into drama than Palin. Hawking her book on Oprah, she delivered these lines.

Posted: November 12th, 2009 02:55 PM ET

From CNN's Lauren Kornreich
Palin discussed Levi Johnston and the Katie Couric interviews in her sit-down with Oprah.

(CNN) - Sarah Palin and her almost-son-in-law Levi Johnston have been in a war of words for months, but the former Alaska governor told Oprah Winfrey in just-released clips of the highly-anticipated interview that he is still "part of the family."

While not directly saying whether or not Johnston is invited to Thanksgiving dinner, Palin said her family still has affection for Johnston.

"It's lovely to think that he would ever even consider such a thing," Palin told Winfrey. "Because of course you want - he is a part of the family and you want to bring him in the fold and kind of under your wing. And he needs that, too."

Discussing her new book, "Going Rogue: An American Life," on Winfrey's famous couch, Palin said she and her family want to make peace with Johnston and move past the dramatics that have unfolded in the media over the last year. Johnston was once engaged to Palin's daughter, Bristol, and is the father of Palin's grandson, Tripp.

"I think he needs to know that he is loved and he has the most beautiful child, and this can all work out for good," Palin said. "It really can. We don't have to keep going down this road of controversy and drama all the time. We're not really into the drama. We don't really like that. We're more productive."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:00 am • # 2 
I cannot see anything wrong with her comments or promoting her book on Oprahs show. Im sure your dislike of Palin stems from your more in deph knowledge than myself of Palin. Not living in the US you probably do have more knowledge of her.

From what I have read and seen the attacks on her and her family during the election were distastful and uncalled for. Downes syndrome child and and an unwed mother to be used as a tool to bring down a politician is beyond the pale in my opinion.

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:02 am • # 3 
Editorialist

Ilenar wrote:
I cannot see anything wrong with her comments or promoting her book on Oprahs show. Im sure your dislike of Palin stems from your more in deph knowledge than myself of Palin. Not living in the US you probably do have more knowledge of her.

From what I have read and seen the attacks on her and her family during the election were distastful and uncalled for. Downes syndrome child and and an unwed mother to be used as a tool to bring down a politician is beyond the pale in my opinion.
il- you are aware that it was SHE HERSELF that "outed" her daughter during hte campaign, were you not? why did she do it? to stop the persisten rumors that Bristol was Trig's mom, that is why. in other words SHE THREW HER OWN DAUGHTER UNDER THE BUS to stop the rumors.

yeah. she is no drama queen. right.

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:15 am • # 4 
I'll never understand the American politicians penchant for dragging their kids onto the political stage.
In the UK you never hear about a politicians children unless they're involved in a tragedy, scandal or an arrest.

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:15 am • # 5 
No I did not know that mac
Nice to see you mac how are you

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:18 am • # 6 
Palin really didn't have a choice - Her daughter had already been dragged into it by people who were spreading malicious rumors, and had they not revealed her daughter's pregnancy there would have been a bigger media firestorm over it when it did surface during the campaign. It was like yanking off a band-aid.

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:19 am • # 7 
Fish Im with you children should be outlawed for targets of the media in any situation celebs or politicians.

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:20 am • # 8 
Palin also made her child politically relevant by strongly advocating a birth control policy of abstinence while her daughter was standing there pregnant. Proof positive that it didn't work in her own household, far less for a nation.

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:20 am • # 9 
Editorialist

Ilenar wrote:
No I did not know that mac
Nice to see you mac how are you

doing well. except i have a sliver in my right index finger that makes it hell to type.

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:22 am • # 10 
Editorialist

gopqed wrote:
Palin really didn't have a choice - Her daughter had already been dragged into it by people who were spreading malicious rumors, and had they not revealed her daughter's pregnancy there would have been a bigger media firestorm over it when it did surface during the campaign. It was like yanking off a band-aid.

there is certainly a case to be made for that, gop. but there were ways of stopping the rumors without using her daughter. ie, she could have published a DNA test.

just sayin'.

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:23 am • # 11 
Editorialist

gopqed wrote:
It should be just a couple more days before it gets infected enough that the pus will push the sliver to the surface where it can be plucked out, macro. Image

perhaps i should stop draining it every morning? Image

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:23 am • # 12 
It should be just a couple more days before it gets infected enough that the pus will push the sliver to the surface where it can be plucked out, macro. Image

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:23 am • # 13 
Editorialist

whoa! i am PSYCHIC!

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:24 am • # 14 
dig it out mac before it festers cant let things fester you know much better in the open air

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:24 am • # 15 
Editorialist

Ilenar wrote:
dig it out mac before it festers cant let things fester you know much better in the open air

i have been trying, Il- but it is way too deep. it is probably down about 5mm.

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:24 am • # 16 
Editorialist

FeatheredFish wrote:
macroscopic wrote:
doing well. except i have a sliver in my right index finger that makes it hell to type.
You kept that quiet.

yeah- but SOMEBODY didn't! Image

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:25 am • # 17 
macroscopic wrote:
You kept that quiet.

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:25 am • # 18 
macroscopic wrote:
gopqed wrote:

there is certainly a case to be made for that, gop. but there were ways of stopping the rumors without using her daughter. ie, she could have published a DNA test.

just sayin'.

The DNA test wouldn't have stopped the rumors that her daughter was pregnant, which had either already started or would have soon enough. They were trying to nip that firetorm in the bud.

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:26 am • # 19 
Editorialist

gopqed wrote:
macroscopic wrote:
gopqed wrote:

just sayin'.

The DNA test wouldn't have stopped the rumors that her daughter was pregnant, which had either already started or would have soon enough. They were trying to nip that firetorm in the bud.

i don't believe that rumor had even surfaced, gop. but if you believe me wrong, show me.

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:26 am • # 20 
Editorialist

gopqed wrote:
macro is doubly psychic, it would appear....

going for a triple here....

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:27 am • # 21 
macro is doubly psychic, it would appear....

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:27 am • # 22 
Editorialist

Ilenar wrote:
wonders what mac as been poking to get a sliver in his finger

a rusty sardine can. that is right isn't it?

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:27 am • # 23 
Editorialist

FOUR!!!!

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:27 am • # 24 
Editorialist

FIVE!!!!

PostPosted: 11/12/09 10:27 am • # 25 
wonders what mac as been poking to get a sliver in his finger

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 36 posts ] New Topic Add Reply