It is currently 04/28/24 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: "Black Friday" website
PostPosted: 11/14/09 2:20 pm • # 1 
Administrator

My local news aired a segment about the hoopla surrounding this year's "Black Friday", the Friday after Thanksgiving, when retailers and discounters offer mega deals to consumers in hopes of boosting sales numbers ~ this year, many retailers/discounters are saying that every Friday between Thanksgiving and Christmas will offer deep discounts ~ but there is usually great secretiveness about what store will offer what and for how much on THE "Black Friday" ~ now there is a website to alert consumers what to find where ~ and when ~ click on www.BlackFriday.com ~ virtually everything is available via ordering online vs fighting the crowds ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/14/09 2:54 pm • # 2 
I think it's Sears that is offering Black Friday sales on Saturdays. And one local news story predicted online Black Friday sales will surpass store sales this year.

PostPosted: 11/14/09 2:54 pm • # 3 
Meh, I think it's a day to avoid malls at all cost! All the crazy people are there. Though, this year, I'll be on the road anyway. I'm going to be heading back to my hometown for a high school reunion...because we're all old and I want to see HOW old all my former classmates look. [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif[/img] I was going to visit my sister for Thanksgiving, but decided not to, because it's too hard finding a cat sitter this year (all my cat sitters keep moving away), and the extra two days I'd have to add to being away to arrive before Thanksgiving would make it too long to leave the cat by herself. I need to find some more friends with cats so I can go back to trading favors.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply