It is currently 05/23/24 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: 3-for-3
PostPosted: 11/18/09 2:09 pm • # 1 
Administrator

This is the third time in 2 months, and the second time in maybe 2 weeks,�that Fox has been caught substituting crowd footage to "suggest" crowds at these events are much bigger than the reality ~ another "inadvertent error" seems a stretch ~ Sooz

By Faiz Shakir at 4:58 pm

Fox News displays old campaign footage to claim Palin is getting 'huge crowds' at her book signings.

This afternoon, Fox News host Gregg Jarrett proudly announced that Sarah Palin is "continuing to draw huge crowds while she's promoting her brand new book. Take a look at - these are some of the pictures just coming into us." But the pictures that the network chose to display on-air appeared to be old file footage of Palin rallies from the 2008 presidential campaign. Individuals in the crowd are seen holding McCain/Palin signs, and others are holding pom-poms and cheering wildly. "There's a crowd of folks," an enthused Jarrett observed, referring to the old footage. Watch it:

The Daily Show's Jon Stewart recently caught Fox News' Sean Hannity displaying crowd shots from a rally earlier this year to claim that a recent GOP health care protest drew a larger audience than it actually did. Hannity later acknowledged that he "screwed up."

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/11/18/fox ... hot-palin/

PostPosted: 11/18/09 2:15 pm • # 2 
How many people does CAP pay to just sit there and watch Fox all day?

I see news programs put up the wrong footage quite often. This is hardly an earthshaking event.

PostPosted: 11/18/09 2:41 pm • # 3 
Administrator

C'mon, gop ~ I didn't say or imply this was an "earthshaking event" ~ but it IS a comment on Fox's "journalistic ethics" ~ there is no way ANY of these "mistakes" were ... mistakes ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/18/09 3:17 pm • # 4 
Come one, sooz. I can't conceive of any way that someone would intentionally try to pass off campaign footage as a book tour stop. Someone (an intern, perhaps?) cued up some file footage of "Palin crowd" or some such thing in error. It even happens on other news programs - I just saw something a couple weeks ago on MSNBC where an anchor was reading a story and the footage being shown was clearly incorrect, although in the general subject matter of flooding or bad weather. Not everything is a nefarious attempt to hornswoggle the unsuspecting, mouth-breathing public. Human error happens.

PostPosted: 11/18/09 3:21 pm • # 5 
Even MSNBC is running a story about the crowd of thousands waiting for her book tour stop....

Thousands cheer Palin in Mich. for book tour
'Going Rogue' has been a best-seller for weeks, officially released Tuesday
The Associated Press
updated 5:33 p.m. PT, Wed., Nov . 18, 2009

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - College students ditched class, employees skipped work and some huddled in the cold overnight just to make sure they get an orange wristband that would let them meet Sarah Palin.

Thousands gathered outside a Barnes & Noble on Wednesday and chanted "Palin! Palin! Palin!" for the kickoff of the former Republican vice presidential candidate's "Going Rogue" book tour, which has taken on the feel of a political pep rally.

"She's a person of faith, she has a family, she has gone through a lot of the trials and tribulations we have. I'd vote for her in a heartbeat," said Lana Smith, a dispatcher at a bus company who took the day off work and had been waiting in line since 5:30 a.m.

"Someday I hope her name is up in lights and I'll have had the privilege of meeting her," Smith said.

'Palin Power' bumper sticker
Country music played as Palin's tour bus, painted to resemble the cover of her book, pulled up to the Woodland Mall in Grand Rapids.

"I just can't tell you how good it is to be back in Michigan," the former Alaska governor told the crowd, which chanted "Palin! Palin!"

"Alaska and Michigan have so much in common, with the huntin' and the fishin' and the hockey moms, and just the hardworking, patriotic Americans who are here," Palin said.

Wearing a "Palin Power" bumper sticker across her red sweat shirt, 72-year-old Rachel Baragar praised Palin's honesty and down-to-earth manner.

"She could be your next door neighbor," said Baragar, of Caledonia.

The memoir was released Tuesday but has topped best-seller lists for weeks. At the Barnes & Noble, about 1,000 orange wristbands were handed out, allowing wearers to get two copies autographed by Palin at the three-hour signing event.

College students Megan Patzky and Sarah Cranmer waited in line overnight and skipped their Wednesday classes at nearby Calvin College to get an autograph. Patzky planned to give the signed book to her father for Christmas.

After standing in the cold all night, Patzky and Cranmer were happy to get into the mall around 6:15 a.m. "We were hoping that someone would start selling coffee, but nobody did," Patzky joked.

McCain halted campaign in state
"Going Rogue" follows Palin from childhood to her departure last summer as Alaska governor. The title refers to her independent streak as a candidate, stemming from complaints within the campaign of Republican presidential nominee John McCain that she had gone "rogue" by disagreeing with the campaign's decision to pull out of Michigan last October.

McCain halted his campaign in the state after internal polls showed Obama approaching a double-digit lead. Palin publicly disagreed with the move and said she'd "sure love to get to run to Michigan" to make sure residents know the Republicans had not given up in the state.

Before the pullout, Palin had campaigned with McCain in Grand Rapids. Her three-week book tour is expected to largely mirror the 2008 race with stops in cities such as Noblesville, Indiana; Washington, Pennsylvania, and Rochester, New York.

Many of those waiting at the Michigan bookstore said they would vote for Palin if she decides to run for president in 2012.

"I believe she's a good, strong person to do the things we need to do in this country," said David Zak, 70, who drove about two hours to see Palin. "I like her Christian philosophy. I like that she's pro-life. I believe she can do what needs to be done to get ahead."

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34016965/ns/politics-more_politics/

PostPosted: 11/18/09 3:36 pm • # 6 

Tell me you did not use journalistic and ethics in the same sentence! Oh, yes you did... Image "but it IS a comment on Fox's "journalistic ethics""

PostPosted: 11/18/09 3:39 pm • # 7 
Administrator

Snooz? ~ slippery Freudian fingers? ~ LOL ~ at least I put "journalistic ethics" in quotes ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/18/09 3:46 pm • # 8 
Yup, Freudian slip.. or something... good on the quotes thing... but be nice, I am making money and it is making me nervous.. just got this e-mail, have to send it back quick before they change their minds..

THE EXXON-MOBIL OIL COMPANY
PLOT 1 - 16 EXXON-MOBIL LAYOUT,
WUSE ZONE 2,WUSE, ABUJA. NIGERIA.

TICKET No: 20511465463-7644
REF No: MYKL-P/200-26937
BATCH No: 2005MKL-01
You have just been awarded the sum of $386,500.00 USD.Only which was won
by your E-MAIL Address in our Lottery Exxon-Mobil Promotions here in
Nigeria. Do get back to this office with your required details via:
Name: Ali Muhammed
Tel: +2348134955086
Email: exxomobil112@yahoo.com.hk
Names :..............
Address :............
Phone No :...........
Sex :................
Best Regard,
Mrs Ani Saeed.

PostPosted: 11/18/09 3:52 pm • # 9 
Oh you got one to lucky us

PostPosted: 11/18/09 3:57 pm • # 10 
Administrator

bobspics wrote:
Yup, Freudian slip.. or something... good on the quotes thing... but be nice, I am making money and it is making me nervous.. just got this e-mail, have to send it back quick before they change their minds..

THE EXXON-MOBIL OIL COMPANY
PLOT 1 - 16 EXXON-MOBIL LAYOUT,
WUSE ZONE 2,WUSE, ABUJA. NIGERIA.

TICKET No: 20511465463-7644
REF No: MYKL-P/200-26937
BATCH No: 2005MKL-01
You have just been awarded the sum of $386,500.00 USD.Only which was won
by your E-MAIL Address in our Lottery Exxon-Mobil Promotions here in
Nigeria. Do get back to this office with your required details via:
Name: Ali Muhammed
Tel: +2348134955086
Email: exxomobil112@yahoo.com.hk
Names :..............
Address :............
Phone No :...........
Sex :................
Best Regard,
Mrs Ani Saeed.
Perfect timing. Go and collect your $386.500 and help me out with the advance fee for my $12.5 million

Quote:

Av.12 RD 16,Apt.39B, Triechville

Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire.

Private Email:

Dear one ,

PLEASE I NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE.

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you .I am maco camara .The only son of late Chief and Mrs.Rolland camara JP. My father was a very wealthy GOLD and COCOA merchant who based in Accra, Ghana and Abidjan the economic capital of Cote D'Ivoire respectively.

His business associate on one of their business outings poisoned him to death.

When my mother died on the 21ST October 2000, my father took me so special because i am motherless.

Before the death of my father on the 29th November 2006 in a private hospital here in Abidjan, He sincerely called me on his bedside and told me that he had a sum of (Twleve million,Five hundred thousand United State Dollars. USD($12,500,000) kept in a security company here. He also said that the security company does not know the content of the Trunk Boxes. He also put my name in Depositing the 1 boxes as the beneficiary and next of kin.

He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his business associates, That I should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer this money and use it for investment purposes and further my education, I want you to assist me in clearing this fund into your account overseas as a beneficiary of the fund, and also use it for an investment purpose, such as real estate management. My interested areas of investment are; REAL ESTATE, HOTELS, PETROLUM INDUSTRY & MINING, TRANSPORT or in any good investment you may advise me on. I am honorably seeking for your assistance in the following ways.

(1) To assist me to clear this fund from the security company and transfer to your account successfully.

(2To provide a bank account into which this money would be transfer into.

(3) To serve as the guardian of this fund since I am a student with no business experience.

(4) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my Education

Moreover, I am willing to offer you 20% of the total sum as compensation for your effort /input after the successful transfer of this fund to your nominated account. Furthermore, you can indicate your option towards assisting me, as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within 14 days, from the day you signify interest to assist me.

Waiting to hear from you soonest. Have a nice day and remain blessed.Yours Truly, maco

PostPosted: 11/18/09 11:17 pm • # 11 
Editorialist

We get one of those every couple of weeks.

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply