It is currently 05/18/24 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 27 posts ]
PostPosted: 11/22/09 5:33 am • # 1 
Administrator

One of our goals in VoC is to make the group easy to navigate and to meet members' wants/needs ~ so here are a couple of changes we are contemplating, and we invite you to comment "yea" or "nay" ~

Neither our Education Matters nor our Veterans' Matters dedicated boards are being used regularly because we tend to discuss those matters as they occur on the General board ~ that's fine with me ~ and I'm suggesting we roll the topics/threads on both of those dedicated boards into General and delete the dedicated boards ~ the yuku search function is very strong and the topics/threads will not "get lost" ~

There have been a couple of requests for a "Favorite Recipes" board ~ that can be easily added ~

The "almost universal" clock issue is still on the back burner for the moment ~ once we are done tinkering and testing, we'lll respond to that request in the original thread on the Suggestions/Complaints board ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/22/09 6:01 am • # 2 
I like the Favorite recipes idea. Now that I have my own kitchen again I've been getting back into baking which I love to do.

PostPosted: 11/22/09 7:04 am • # 3 
Editorialist

I think it sounds good. if there's some reason we want to keep threads or information, we can always bookmark them. I think threads that get started over on those boards get ignored maybe because people are out of the habit of checking them regularily.

PostPosted: 11/22/09 7:46 am • # 4 
Editorialist

i was going to make some smartass reply about me being the only Republican on the board, so i was going to filibuster this.......but i was afraid you would take me seriously.

PostPosted: 11/22/09 8:07 am • # 5 
No problem with contemplated changes... Recipes would be cool - and popular. We all like to eat.

PostPosted: 11/22/09 8:16 am • # 6 
Administrator

macroscopic wrote:
i was going to make some smartass reply about me being the only Republican on the board, so i was going to filibuster this.......but i was afraid you would take me seriously.

LOL, mac ~ you just dismissing gop? ~ and your semi-threat to filibuster doesn't scare me ~ because I have the "nuclear option" ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/22/09 8:59 am • # 7 
LOL at the filibuster.

Those suggestions sound fine to me.

I think a place to share recipes, especially as everyone revs up baking for the holidays, is a good idea. I have to warn you, though, when it comes to recipes, I usually steal more than I give. [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif[/img]

PostPosted: 11/22/09 5:19 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

macroscopic wrote:

I still think the opposing party should be able to choose what you read when you fillibuster.

So what could we make him read that would make him blush?

Actually, i can't think of anything. haha

Though i still think they should make those old stodgy republicans recite Henry Miller's Tropic of Cancer if they want to fillibuster the health bill.

Last edited by Anonymous on 11/22/09 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 11/22/09 5:38 pm • # 9 
I like the ideas and especially the recipe board.

PostPosted: 11/22/09 6:17 pm • # 10 
Editorialist

I think the changes are a good idea. I really like the recipe board - ever since April got here I've done a lot of cooking for her with some new recipes I'd been meaning to try and they've been fantastic.

PostPosted: 11/22/09 6:53 pm • # 11 
Administrator

Thanks all ~ the changes have been made ~ and the recipe board is ... hungry ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/23/09 1:52 am • # 12 
I've redone the CNN, BBC and Chat buttons.
I was never happy with them before.

PostPosted: 11/23/09 2:06 am • # 13 
Nice buttons....

PostPosted: 11/23/09 4:58 am • # 14 
Editorialist

I am always in favor of less categories. I tend to only read the general board daily. But i do enjoy a good recipe thread. So it sounds good to me.

PostPosted: 11/23/09 5:03 am • # 15 
Administrator

Image is the closest we come to a Groucho-wagging-a-cigar smiley to go with my "very nice buttons, FF" comment ~ LOL!

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/23/09 5:59 am • # 16 
Editorialist

I don't care if you do put up a recipe board- you can't make me cook!

PostPosted: 11/23/09 6:22 am • # 17 
queenoftheuniverse wrote:

That's okay. If all the rest of us are busy trying out new recipes, someone has to EAT all the food! [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif[/img]

PostPosted: 11/23/09 7:26 am • # 18 
I like the nice new buttons. too. So very pretty. And it looks like the Yuku chatroom is back to normal.

PostPosted: 11/23/09 7:33 am • # 19 
Editorialist

Calluna wrote:
queenoftheuniverse wrote:

That's okay. If all the rest of us are busy trying out new recipes, someone has to EAT all the food! Image
Aww, thanks for sharing. You'll have to find another to eat the pastries and baked goods but I'm your gal for the ethnic dishes!

PostPosted: 11/23/09 7:36 am • # 20 
Administrator

Regular yuku chat is not back to normal yet, pic ~ but it is useable ~ there is still no listing of names or even numbers when people are in chat ~ and some of the "toys" [like avatars, etc] are still missing ~ while many are posting questions to yuku about when the "fix" will be completed, there has not been an update from yuku of what "sometime in the future" means in real time ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/23/09 7:42 am • # 21 
Ya'll stop staring at my buttons!
I feel sooo violated! Image

PostPosted: 11/23/09 5:18 pm • # 22 
I think the recipe board is a great idea!
Jim's cooking is delicious!!!ImageImageImage what takes me 3 hours to prepare and cook and another hour for cleaningImage ....somehow takes him about an hour with ease???.......with no messy kitchen either!?!? ......and we both love our pastries and desserts afterwards which lately have been delicious pies with ice cream from the grocery store bakery ...mmmmImage

PostPosted: 11/23/09 5:38 pm • # 23 
Administrator

What's he fattening you up for? Image

PostPosted: 11/23/09 5:40 pm • # 24 
Sooz- I was wondering about a spiritual board on this forum? Imo the study of different religions can be really interesting. We visited a Buddist Sanctuary this weekend near Vancouver and was one of the most awesome places to visitImage.....anyone interested in studying/discussing different religions.....may be great over here on a more reasoned debate/discussion boardImage

PostPosted: 11/23/09 5:44 pm • # 25 
jabra2 wrote:
What's he fattening you up for? Image

Its true.. he is Jab..ha ha...am gaining weight!Image.......but no probImage..we regularly burn calories off easily anyway.....umm hiking works every timeImage

Last edited by Butterfly4you on 11/23/09 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 27 posts ] New Topic Add Reply