It is currently 05/02/24 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Two Wolves
PostPosted: 11/24/09 10:30 am • # 1 
One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.
He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.
"One is Evil - It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
"The other is Good - It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, and compassion."
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"
The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

PostPosted: 11/24/09 10:42 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Love that story, Dee.

Did you say you were THE "Dee, from Texas?" Does that mean the "dee from texas," that used to be on PFP. I think you were also on the chat room from which that message board sprang.

If so, believe it or not, I still have an email address for you from years ago. You were one of my favorite posters on that MSN message board, if you are the same "dee from texas."

It begins with two of the same letters, then a different letter and then four digits. If you are the same "Dee," please let me tell you how happy I am to be on the same board with you again.

I have run across Burgundy and JackieRN, and I have their email addresses as well. I haven't communicated with them in years. Hope they are well.

Just wondered. thanks.

jd

PostPosted: 11/24/09 11:42 am • # 3 
Editorialist

Pardon me for butting in...I remember JackieRN very well and very favorably.

PostPosted: 11/24/09 1:04 pm • # 4 
Administrator

Dee, that is one of my most favorite parables ~ I really enjoyed reading it again ~ I don't see how anyone can deny the HUGE moral lesson it gently presents ~

Jeanne, all VoC members are welcome [and encouraged] to invite others they enjoy posting with to join us ~

Gramps, you're welcome to "butt in" anywhere ~ LOL!

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/24/09 5:04 pm • # 5 
Jeanne... I do not think I am the same Dee from Texas you are talking about but I hope we get to know one another anyway. We lived in Texas for some 24 years and commuted back and forth from Texas to Missouri for 13 of those years as we had our farm here and our home in Houston, TX as well. I used to go by the name on boards as Dee/Houston. The two names you mentioned do not ring a bell with me nor does the PFP but I have been on boards that I just do not remember the names of.

Sooz... I really like this parable as well and came upon it again today so thought I would post it here. Like you, I think it presents a huge moral lesson. Am glad to see you enjoyed reading it again also.

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply