It is currently 05/05/24 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ]
PostPosted: 11/27/09 3:55 am • # 1 

"We need to get polar bears off the endangered list so we can drill there…"

You must have to work real hard to be that clueless.

PostPosted: 11/27/09 4:40 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Good God, now Alaska is across the street from Russia. It would be funny if it wasnt so scary how uninformed but decisive these people were. They cant even define the issues from their fox news watching.

PostPosted: 11/27/09 5:11 am • # 3 
Administrator

The interviewer was great ~ I don't know how he kept a straight face while coming up with the probing questions that clearly showed how much ignorance supports Sarah Palin ~ people shouldn't use "big words" if they can't pronounce them and have no clue of what those "big words" mean ~ people shouldn't be "pro" OR "anti" policies when they have no clue what the policies ARE ~ and I almost fell out of my chair when the one guy said Palin, as governor, faced "boundary issues" with Russia ~ Image ~ and when the interviewer asked one woman what rights she had lost with Obama, her only answer was "I'm a Christian" ~ what is obvious, and very scary to me, is that these people, and hundreds of thousands [if not millions] more with the exact same profound ignorance shown here, are precisely why Sarah Palin is a "force" in the "conservative movement" ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/27/09 3:36 pm • # 4 
Palin is as dumb as a stump. Looks like there are a lot of stumps in the clearcut...

PostPosted: 11/28/09 4:48 am • # 5 
Editorialist

this is really awesome. thanks FF.

forgive me for saying it, but who are these people getting these books signed for?

PostPosted: 11/28/09 5:17 am • # 6 
It's amazing how DENSE these people are!

PostPosted: 11/28/09 5:52 am • # 7 
Editorialist

macroscopic wrote:
this is really awesome. thanks FF.

forgive me for saying it, but who are these people getting these books signed for?
The ones who haven't been successful at removing their children from the public school system may still have children that can read. haha

PostPosted: 11/28/09 6:34 am • # 8 
Administrator

Greeny, I interpreted Mac's post as saying that it's mighty obvious the interviewees don't/can't read themselves, so they must be buying the books for "others" ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/28/09 10:50 am • # 9 
Editorialist

That's what i meant--maybe their kids can read it to them.

PostPosted: 11/29/09 7:53 am • # 10 
Editorialist

sooz08 wrote:
Greeny, I interpreted Mac's post as saying that it's mighty obvious the interviewees don't/can't read themselves, so they must be buying the books for "others" ~ Image

Sooz

you took it right. i think gatty did too. you wimminz is smert.

PostPosted: 11/29/09 8:04 am • # 11 
Editorialist

sooz08 wrote:
The interviewer was great ~ I don't know how he kept a straight face while coming up with the probing questions that clearly showed how much ignorance supports Sarah Palin ~ people shouldn't use "big words" if they can't pronounce them and have no clue of what those "big words" mean ~ people shouldn't be "pro" OR "anti" policies when they have no clue what the policies ARE ~ and I almost fell out of my chair when the one guy said Palin, as governor, faced "boundary issues" with Russia ~ Image ~ and when the interviewer asked one woman what rights she had lost with Obama, her only answer was "I'm a Christian" ~ what is obvious, and very scary to me, is that these people, and hundreds of thousands [if not millions] more with the exact same profound ignorance shown here, are precisely why Sarah Palin is a "force" in the "conservative movement" ~ Image

Sooz

sooz- i love how deadpan he is, as well. he must have got novacane shots in his cheeks before he did this.

PostPosted: 11/29/09 8:07 am • # 12 
If these people represent a significant portion of our population...WE'RE DOOMED!

PostPosted: 11/29/09 12:35 pm • # 13 
Editorialist

i sympathize in wanting someone to share your views. i felt alone in the wilderness for years. however, gravitating around THIS person seems.....unwise at best.

PostPosted: 11/29/09 7:24 pm • # 14 
Editorialist

i tracked down the website for post one.� here is what they said about the video:

PLEASE HELP US SHARE THIS VIDEO.

On November 20, 2009, Sarah Palin visited Columbus, OH as part of her book signing tour for "Going Rogue." �When her supporters were asked broad questions about why they why they thought she should be president, the responses were vague: �She's "real." She'll "stick up for America."

THERE ARE UNINFORMED OBAMA SUPPORTERS, TOO
It has been said in comments that we would find similarly talking point-driven, substance-less supporters at an Obama rally, and we agree. But no politician has emerged on the national stage as undefined and unqualified as Sarah Palin, and her public persona--which is anti-intellectual by definition--discourages substance. �Instead, we get winking. �One could hardly imagine her giving a complex speech about race in America, or speaking eloquently about our country's relations with Islam. �Not just because she couldn't write such a speech (Obama has speech-writers, of course) but because she wouldn't--such necessarily academic discussion is antithetical to the persona she's created for herself and that her supporters have come to love.

CHERRY-PICKING
As for accusations of cherry picking, which are commonly thrown at interview-based videos, it simply isn't what we did. �We interviewed only a few more people than ended up in the video, not hundreds, and what was cut was done for time purposes. �The people were selected at random--some offered to be interviewed--and we were only there for 90 mins (it gets dark early and fast in Ohio right now). �What didn't make it into the video was just more footage of people talking about taxes/spending, drilling, and abortion, and we constructed blocks in the piece to represent those issues. �Of course the piece was edited to be entertaining (this is YouTube, after all, where the currency is cat videos) but we don't believe we misrepresented the attitudes of the people at that signing in any way.

This NEW LEFT MEDIA film was produced and edited by Chase Whiteside (interviews) and Erick Stoll (camera).

DONATE:
Donations to New Left Media will go toward the production costs of future videos. Any contribution, no matter how small, will go a long way in keeping us online.

http://bit.ly/nLOdU (will take you to PayPal)

PostPosted: 11/30/09 4:22 am • # 15 
I can't help but laugh every time I watch this video. This is choice!!

PostPosted: 11/30/09 6:03 am • # 16 
Editorialist

Dee wrote:
I can't help but laugh every time I watch this video. This is choice!!
yes. she represents freedom......................... from all rational thought.

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ] New Topic Add Reply