It is currently 04/28/24 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/12/09 7:32 am • # 1 
Administrator

Mac is sure to love this ~ during chat the other night, we were talking about how funny William Shatner "performing" readings from Sarah Palin's book in the form of dada poetry is [which has become a fairly regular segment] ~ well, last night the tables were turned and Palin read passages from Shatner's book ~ while the idea is VERY funny [and while I'm not a Shatner fan], Shatner's readings are MUCH better ~ Image ~ Sooz

Palin reads Shatner book on 'Tonight Show'

Published: Dec. 12, 2009 at 1:11 PM

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 12 (UPI) -- Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin
read an excerpt from actor William Shatner's book during an appearance on "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien."

E! Online reported Palin's reading on Friday's show followed a dramatic reading by Shatner of an excerpt from her book, "Going Rogue: An American Life."

After hearing Shatner read the "Rogue" excerpt, Palin told O'Brien she wanted to offer the former "Star Trek" star the same treatment.

"I think Bill did a great job, yeah, and I think it's only appropriate that I read a few choice excerpts from Mr. Shatner's autobiography, 'Up Till Now,'" Palin said.

E! Online said after the former Republican vice presidential candidate's reading, O'Brien quipped about the literary spots.

"Good to finally see those two together, don't you think?" O'Brien said.

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/T ... 260641474/

PostPosted: 12/12/09 8:48 am • # 2 
http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.com/video/clips/shatner-gets-served-by-palin-121109/1184491/

Here's a clip of it. I agree, Shatner's readings are much better...and so was the content from his book!

PostPosted: 12/12/09 11:18 am • # 3 
Editorialist

there is something really dada about palin. it really works well in the beatnik style.

PostPosted: 12/13/09 4:45 am • # 4 
Palin is just so simple minded. Bless her heart... the thing just can't help herself.

PostPosted: 12/13/09 5:45 am • # 5 
I thought that was great! You have to admit that she gives pretty good deliverance....imo she should have been in comedy or something since she likes to be in the limelight.....but not politicsImage

PostPosted: 12/13/09 9:26 am • # 6 
Administrator

LOL, Butterfly ~ Palin for sure loves the limelight ~

I deleted my prior post because I've been trying to embed the same clip Calluna's post links to, which shows the dual Palin/Shatner appearance on Friday's The Tonight Show ~ but I can't get it to embed here ~ so I am currently begging FF for help ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/13/09 9:54 am • # 7 
Yuku doesn't want to play with that code sooz. Here's the same clip from Youtube though.

PostPosted: 12/13/09 10:50 am • # 8 
Administrator

Thanks, FF ~ Image

Sooz

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply