It is currently 04/19/24 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 32 posts ]
 Post subject: Arrgh! too much snow!
PostPosted: 12/24/09 4:03 am • # 26 
Editorialist

kathyk1024 wrote:
Are you in crab cake country?
Yes, and the crabs are good. But I'm sure you can understand how hard it is to live without good pizza and with no bread bakeries.

And, I guess I have become a weather wimp. I slipped on ice in my driveway the other night- just a little patch of ice- and broke three bones in my ankle, and dislocated it too. I don't know how that happened. I've lived around winter weather all my life, I ski and snowboard and ice skate- well, not for the next ten weeks or so.

PostPosted: 12/24/09 4:20 am • # 27 
Ouch! And during the holidays of all times.... I'm sorry to hear that, and I hope you have some good pain control meds nearby.

I avoid ice at all costs these days. I went ice skating once in my life and broke my ankle, so I swore it off (and at it) long ago. I leave that to people with a better sense of balance when walking on razors, better coordination and stronger ankles.

PostPosted: 12/24/09 5:19 am • # 28 
Administrator

queenoftheuniverse wrote:
kathyk1024 wrote:
Are you in crab cake country?
Yes, and the crabs are good. But I'm sure you can understand how hard it is to live without good pizza and with no bread bakeries.

And, I guess I have become a weather wimp. I slipped on ice in my driveway the other night- just a little patch of ice- and broke three bones in my ankle, and dislocated it too. I don't know how that happened. I've lived around winter weather all my life, I ski and snowboard and ice skate- well, not for the next ten weeks or so.

queenie, I am SO sorry to hear your news ~ all it takes is "a little patch of ice" ~ I wish you a speedy, full recovery ~ and hopefully a bit of pampering, too ~Image

We are under another "ice storm warning" ~ the problem here is that we are getting tons of moisture from the Gulf ~ at night, with the lower temps, we get ice ~ and then it warms up just enough during the day to change to snow ~ so there are layers of ice and snow ~ it was VERY "challenging" when I was out yesterday ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/24/09 7:16 am • # 29 
Editorialist

thanks, gopqed and sooz. I'm getting pretty good perks from the family (and the doc) but it is tough for me to sit on the sidelines. oh well, I'll heal. But I am amazed at how fearful of ice I have become. Thank heavens people were with me when I fell. I f was alone I can't imagine what would have become of me-popsicle!

PostPosted: 12/24/09 8:29 am • # 30 
the only ice I ever see is in my glass...

queen, sit back and enjoy the pampering and perks. I am sure you have doled your share out over the years.

Happy Holidays to you.

PostPosted: 12/24/09 12:12 pm • # 31 
Editorialist

Thank you Monster. Happy Holidays to you too.

PostPosted: 12/25/09 4:30 pm • # 32 
Queenie, sorry to hear of your accident. I do hope you are not in alot of pain. We didn't venture out in the snow today but did have family over. I loved waking up to a white Christmas but once this day is over with, I'm ready for the heat and sun which isn't likely to happen until maybe April.

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 32 posts ] New Topic Add Reply