It is currently 04/20/24 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/29/09 9:34 am • # 1 
Administrator

Karl Rove is on my list of "ewwwwwwwwwwwww ~ NEVER" men ~ but this tidbit makes a legit point about why isn't ALL the dogma of "traditional marriage" at least as important as the more recent legislation enacted to limit who can, and more importantly canNOT, marry? ~ Sooz

PostPosted: 12/29/09 5:14 pm • # 2 
I find this rather funny considering how he spews his ban against gay marriage.

PostPosted: 12/29/09 7:12 pm • # 3 
Petty, petty, petty.

PostPosted: 12/29/09 8:42 pm • # 4 
I don't consider this petty at all. Karma maybe but not petty.

PostPosted: 12/29/09 9:47 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

traditional divorce would be that the couple be stoned to death for adultry, i believe. unless you mean the more modern tradition.

PostPosted: 12/30/09 6:56 am • # 6 
Wait a minute, what in politics isn't petty?

Palin is good because she's pretty, Hillary is an ugly, old lesbian dyke cause she has cankles.

The republicans are more moral because they believe in one man/one woman married forever, no divorce, no birth control, no abortions, abstinence only.

If we say, hey this guy got a divorce, well er two of them actually. Then WE are petty. Or abstinence only, didn't even work for Palin's daughter even. Oh, how can you possibly criticize the children of such a wonderful woman.

Dee and I are more sensitive to this crap, because we have been on the receiving end of it for years.

PostPosted: 12/30/09 7:40 am • # 7 
Editorialist

kathyk1024 wrote:
Wait a minute, what in politics isn't petty?

Palin is good because she's pretty, Hillary is an ugly, old lesbian dyke cause she has cankles.

The republicans are more moral because they believe in one man/one woman married forever, no divorce, no birth control, no abortions, abstinence only.

If we say, hey this guy got a divorce, well er two of them actually. Then WE are petty. Or abstinence only, didn't even work for Palin's daughter even. Oh, how can you possibly criticize the children of such a wonderful woman.

Dee and I are more sensitive to this crap, because we have been on the receiving end of it for years.
trust me, you are not alone. the holier-than-thouness gets VERY very ....very.....old.

PostPosted: 12/30/09 5:02 pm • # 8 
I'm actually surprised that TX, of all states, would have such lenient divorce laws. Yes, veddy veddy eenteresting! But, of course, that's not surprising that they would prohibit things that they would never need to do, yet make sure the laws are lenient when it is convenient for them to be for the lawmakers. Twice divorced and he thinks he should have any say on what "traditional" marriage means? Standard hypocrite. Actually, though, divorce laws ARE a big part of the need for legalizing gay marriage. Living together forever can be done with or without being married, but it's when that long-term relationship that you thought would last forever turns sour that you need all the legal contracts of marriage and therefore the legal specifications for dissolution of that marriage and division of joint assets, property, etc., provided by divorce laws.

PostPosted: 12/31/09 1:53 am • # 9 
Editorialist

nicely said Calluna.

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ] New Topic Add Reply