It is currently 05/18/24 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 33 posts ]
PostPosted: 04/02/10 4:19 am • # 1 
Administrator

If Lakin, in fact, defies his orders, he should be court-marshalled ~ I'd like to know if this is the first time in his 18 years of military service that his orders are for deployment into a combat zone ~ Sooz

Terry Lakin: Army Officer Joins Birthers, Defies Orders

First Posted: 04- 1-10 10:39 AM

PostPosted: 04/02/10 6:27 am • # 2 
Court martial, dishonorable discharge and make him reimburse the govt for all benefits he received while in the army.

PostPosted: 04/02/10 11:19 am • # 3 
Am I wrong, or did it seem on the video that he had a bad case of the "burps" that he was trying to suppress?  What is it with the "Birthers" that they seem to not understand that Obama I'm sure produced his birth certificate to the proper authorities when he filed to run for office?  He is not obligated to show his bc to whoever asks for it. Period.  According to the video, this will be Lakin's second tour of duty in Afghanistan:  gee, I accidentally took a dip in an ice covered lake one time--I did it--but doesn't mean I want to do it again...one of life's worse experiences.  I also survived a house burning down around me...also an experience I wouldn't want to re live...I think just because Mr. Lakin survived one tour of duty in Afghanistan doesn't mean he wants to repeat it...I wouldn't want to go there...i think he is using this birthers thing as rationalization to get out of going to Afghanistan.  Doesn't mean he's a coward--just means he doesn't want to go...he could follow orders and still pitch his hat asking his Commander in Chief for a private viewing of the BC--perhaps the President would even visit Lakin in Afghanistan and give him a private viewing...but regardless, Lakin needs to go to Afghanistan or face court martial and dishonorable discharge...

PostPosted: 04/02/10 5:33 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

can- his birth certificate is irrelevant, so long as we believe that he is the son of Ann Dunham, and that Ann Dunham is a US Citizen. we have been over this many times here. it would not matter whether Obama was born on SATURN, let alone Nigeria or Hawaii, so long as he is the SON OF A US CITIZEN.

these birthers don't seem to understand the first thing about citizenship.

PostPosted: 04/02/10 5:35 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

The 14th Amendment defines citizenship this way: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." But even this does not get specific enough. As usual, the Constitution provides the framework for the law, but it is the law that fills in the gaps.

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in those gaps. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"

* Anyone born inside the United States *
* Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
* Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
* Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
* Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
* Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
* Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
* A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.

http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_citi.html

i highlighted the appropriate clause in BOLD. the fact that Ann Dunham is, uncontestedly, a US citizen renders this matter completely moot. it doesn't matter if she married a toadstool from Venus, and Obama was born on Neptune, he is a US citizen and eligible to run. if Lakin had any interest in the subject, he would know at least as much about it as i do.

Last edited by macroscopic on 04/02/10 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 04/02/10 10:35 pm • # 6 
Administrator

if Lakin had any interest in the subject, he would know at least as much about it as i do.

Birthers aren't the least bit interested in the law.
Personally, I think they simply resent the fact that a black man is C.I.C. and/or president.

PostPosted: 04/02/10 11:32 pm • # 7 
He's just a coward who doesn't want to be re-deployed.  Nothing wrong with not wanting to go back to the war, I wouldn't blame anyone of our soldiers for that, but at least be honest about it and be willing to take the consequences of your refusal to go instead of hiding behind a bogus birther claim.

PostPosted: 04/03/10 3:48 am • # 8 
Lol!  My ignorance on the subject shows my interest on it:  i just figured the powers that be had determined that Obama was indeed qualified to file and run for the highest office ( I do tend to think simply)...for sure we know Obama didn't steal the office!Image  As for Lakin i agree with GP--Lakin is a coward not necessarily because he does not want to return to Afghanistan, but because he lacks the guts to just say so and chooses to hide behind this trumped up Birthers thing...

PostPosted: 04/03/10 3:54 am • # 9 
Editorialist

Cannalee2 wrote:
Lol!  My ignorance on the subject shows my interest on it:  i just figured the powers that be had determined that Obama was indeed qualified to file and run for the highest office ( I do tend to think simply)...for sure we know Obama didn't steal the office!Image  As for Lakin i agree with GP--Lakin is a coward not necessarily because he does not want to return to Afghanistan, but because he lacks the guts to just say so and chooses to hide behind this trumped up Birthers thing...

hahahaha.  well, i never called you ignorant.  these are very arcane areas of the law.  but before someone accuses the president of not being a citizen, one would think they would do a little homework.

PostPosted: 04/03/10 6:14 am • # 10 
Editorialist

The guy would have a point if Obama did produce a birth certificate.  It would be a fake.  Hawaii doesn't issue birth certificates.  They issue Certificates of Live Birth.

PostPosted: 04/03/10 9:56 am • # 11 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
The guy would have a point if Obama did produce a birth certificate.  It would be a fake.  Hawaii doesn't issue birth certificates.  They issue Certificates of Live Birth.

furthermore, the certificates don't carry a doctor's signature.  but let's not let details like that get in the way.

PostPosted: 04/03/10 5:20 pm • # 12 
Editorialist

Birth Certificate by any other name is still a Birth Certificate.

Translation: English » German
Geburtsurkunde

Translation: English » Portuguese
certidão de nascimento

Translation: English » [b]Russian
Ñ

PostPosted: 04/03/10 7:30 pm • # 13 
The lunatics are running the asylum. It's time to bail.

PostPosted: 04/04/10 4:20 am • # 14 
Editorialist

[quote="Jeannedeurk1"]

Birth Certificate by any other name is still a Birth Certificate.

Translation: English » German
Geburtsurkunde

One of the Birthers big arguments is that he has not produced a "Birth Certificate".  He did post a "Certificate of Live Birth" but they claim that is not a "Birth Certificate" even though the Live Birth one is all that Hawaii produces.

Translation: English » Portuguese
certidão de nascimento

Translation: English » [b]Russian
Ñ

PostPosted: 04/04/10 4:24 am • # 15 
Administrator

I don't remember any other prez EVER being asked [let alone hounded] to produce his birth certificate ~ and when he does, rejecting it based on ... nothing ~ which, by itself, says it all ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 04/04/10 5:50 am • # 16 
Editorialist

sooz08 wrote:
I don't remember any other prez EVER being asked [let alone hounded] to produce his birth certificate ~ and when he does, rejecting it based on ... nothing ~ which, by itself, says it all ~

Sooz

that is because we hold folks of color to a different standard, sooz.  you should know that by now.  Image

PostPosted: 04/04/10 6:18 am • # 17 
This grows out of the situation we're in now, where there is no arbiter of the constitutional qualifications for someone running for President, except the courts.  These people are just taking advantage of that to engage in constant denigration through innuendo and questioning of known facts by saying "but why?"  They are of the same mindset as the 9/11 conspiracy loons.

PostPosted: 04/04/10 7:35 am • # 18 
Editorialist

And this guy is one of those "heroes" we're supposed to support and look up to? 

Let's see, is this any less insane than the Army psychiatrist who shot up Fort Hood?    Did we think he was the only one?  Didn't we immediately start investigating any and all Muslim-Americans in the military with extra watching and questioning?  Didn't the public start screaming that we should get all Muslim Americans out of the military.  They weren't "trustworthy."

This is just one soldier whose political derangement has reached the level that he would risk court martial in order to demand a petty obedience from the POTUS, just for him, with a subservient act never before requested, or even thought of, from any other POTUS?  You think he's the only one?  Why aren't we demanding that all of our military should be polled to find out how many of them don't think Barack Obama is his CIC?  People in the military who think like this guy are not "trustworthy."  They cannot be trusted to follow an order that would save USA lives.  And his request suggests that he is mentally deranged and shouldn't be in command of a platoon of turtles, much less a platoon of subordinate American troops. 

JimWilliam:  To quibble over the name of a document to this extent is beyond any hint of sanity. 

PostPosted: 04/04/10 10:21 am • # 19 
Editorialist

gopqed wrote:
This grows out of the situation we're in now, where there is no arbiter of the constitutional qualifications for someone running for President, except the courts.  These people are just taking advantage of that to engage in constant denigration through innuendo and questioning of known facts by saying "but why?"  They are of the same mindset as the 9/11 conspiracy loons.

that is not quite true.  in the case of 911 it is not a constitutional matter at all.  it has nothing to do with legalities or qualifications.

furthermore, unlike 911, they are not asking to prove a negative.  they are asking to prove a POSITIVE.
and that can be EASILY done.  section 8, chapter 1401 calls it out.  if your parents are citizens, you are a citizen.

no, this is pure racism, gop.  they are CONFUSING the law which applies to FOREIGNERS who are DOMESTICALLY BORN with the RIGHTS OF CITIZENS whose children are FOREIGN BORN.  there are legal standards for both.  they are mentally combining them, however.  or someone else is.

it would take nothing more than someone like O'Reilly, or Steele standing up and pointing that out to stop it.  but they don't.  whose fault is that?

PostPosted: 04/04/10 10:29 am • # 20 
Editorialist

it would take nothing more than someone like O'Reilly, or Steele standing up and pointing that out to stop it. but they don't. whose fault is that?

Heck, Macro, I'd piss off a few people if it meant a few more zero's on my pay check! [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif[/img]

Oh, and I think Steele should take responsibility for the strip club. He'd gain major 'dude' points with me if he'd just fess up that it was his idea! [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif[/img]

PostPosted: 04/04/10 10:36 am • # 21 
Editorialist

Del Husker wrote:
it would take nothing more than someone like O'Reilly, or Steele standing up and pointing that out to stop it. but they don't. whose fault is that?

Heck, Macro, I'd piss off a few people if it meant a few more zero's on my pay check! [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif[/img]

Oh, and I think Steele should take responsibility for the strip club. He'd gain major 'dude' points with me if he'd just fess up that it was his idea! [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif[/img]
i know what the excuses are.  i am just saying that if ANYONE of stature on that side of the fence wanted to stop it, they could.
in a heartbeat.

but you also answered the question, of course.  Image

PostPosted: 04/13/10 10:52 am • # 22 
Administrator

GOOD! ~ this idiot will have a very tough time finding a job in medicine with a court martial on his record ~ Sooz

Army to court martial 'birther' officer

Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:10 PM by Mark Murray

From NBC's Jim Miklaszewski and Mark Murray

U.S. military officials tell NBC News that the U.S. Army will court martial a lieutenant colonel who refuses to deploy to Afghanistan because he considers orders from President Obama to be "illegal."

Army doctor Lt. Col. Terry Lakin believes Obama does not meet the constitutional requirements to be president and commander-in-chief, because he believes (incorrectly) that Obama wasn't born in the United States.

Lakin refused this week to report to Fort Campbell, KY for deployment to Afghanistan, but instead showed up at the Pentagon, where he was confronted by his brigade Commander Col. Gordon Roberts, a Vietnam Medal of Honor recipient.

Lakin was informed by Roberts that he would face court martial, and his Pentagon building pass and government laptop computer were seized.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/ ... 67021.aspx

PostPosted: 04/13/10 10:56 am • # 23 
Good. The US Army is doing the right thing. Our service men and women deserve it !

This man disrepects them. I have no time for that whatsoever.

Unless he has very significant dementia or significant major mental illness this man deserves meaningful consequences for his behavior.

Last edited by susanneinohio on 04/13/10 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 04/13/10 12:49 pm • # 24 
Editorialist

sooz08 wrote:
GOOD! ~ this idiot will have a very tough time finding a job in medicine with a court martial on his record ~ Sooz

Army to court martial 'birther' officer

Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:10 PM by Mark Murray

From NBC's Jim Miklaszewski and Mark Murray

U.S. military officials tell NBC News that the U.S. Army will court martial a lieutenant colonel who refuses to deploy to Afghanistan because he considers orders from President Obama to be "illegal."

Army doctor Lt. Col. Terry Lakin believes Obama does not meet the constitutional requirements to be president and commander-in-chief, because he believes (incorrectly) that Obama wasn't born in the United States.

Lakin refused this week to report to Fort Campbell, KY for deployment to Afghanistan, but instead showed up at the Pentagon, where he was confronted by his brigade Commander Col. Gordon Roberts, a Vietnam Medal of Honor recipient.

Lakin was informed by Roberts that he would face court martial, and his Pentagon building pass and government laptop computer were seized.

http://firstread.msnbc.ms.../2010/04/13/2267021.aspx

ORLY TAITZ TO THE RESCUE!!!!

PostPosted: 04/14/10 1:40 am • # 25 
Administrator

ORLY TAITZ TO THE RESCUE!!!!

He's royally screwed.

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 33 posts ] New Topic Add Reply