It is currently 03/28/24 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 37 posts ]
PostPosted: 11/27/10 3:24 pm • # 1 
After posting that video this morning and reading Oskar's plans, I was headed to do some grocery shopping. I got to the intersection down the street a ways and there, stopped at the light, was this guy and his significant other on a motorcycle and dressed up as Mr. and Mrs. Santa.  So... lots of spontaneous acts of Christmas and it gave me an idea.  Why not post any acts of Christmas you witness or hear of on this thread?  It should make for a good read and serve to be uplifting as well.

Have fun folks!

Sidartha

PostPosted: 11/28/10 6:03 am • # 2 
Administrator

Great idea, Sid ~ thanks ~ holidays are a good place to start, but I deeply believe in spontaneous acts of 'paying it forward' whenever humanly possible ~ often, all it takes is a good example to get others fired up as well ~ I'm going to 'sticky' this thread so it is easily findable ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/28/10 6:03 am • # 3 
Go for it...

PostPosted: 11/28/10 10:40 am • # 4 
Very nice thread SidImage

PostPosted: 11/28/10 2:03 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

On the day before Thanksgiving, members of a local church that had a dinner, brought leftover dinners to our building. It was a kind and unexpected pleasure. People can be so kind.

PostPosted: 11/28/10 2:33 pm • # 6 
One of my girlfriends in Ontario had a theft in her clothing store a couple of months ago,  while she was very busy serving customers on a Sat afternoon. The thieves unfortunately took her laptop computer and memory stick containing all of her paperwork and inventory in her store.Image She lost it all as it was only stored on the computer and memory stick. She reported it right away but the theives nor her laptop were  found. She posted about it on Facebook and was also looking for a used computer as she could'nt afford to buy a new one. About a week later a nice and very thoughtful gentleman who had heard about this (and happens to have a computer business of his own)..went to see her at her store and brought brand new computer totally free of charge!!Image  What a wonderful ending of this for her this was and she has asked her friends to pay it forward as well...

PostPosted: 11/29/10 5:58 pm • # 7 
I haven't seen my sister in over ten years primarily because I don't have transportation and there are no inter-city buses here. Today, for my birthday and christmas, my best friends offered to pay for my transportation both ways to see my sister next January!

PostPosted: 11/30/10 7:42 am • # 8 
Editorialist

That's wonderful, Sid!!!! I'm all excited about it, and I don't even know your sister. lol

PostPosted: 11/30/10 7:47 am • # 9 
Unfortunately I can only spend two nights and a day, (leave Monday and return Wednesday) but what a day it will be!

PostPosted: 11/30/10 7:54 am • # 10 
Administrator

WOW, Sid ~ what a fantastic present! ~ and what terrific friends! ~ I'm really happy for both you and your sister ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/01/10 4:14 am • # 11 
What an awesome present Sid. 

PostPosted: 12/01/10 4:18 am • # 12 
I know... I'm kind of overwhelmed by it.

PostPosted: 12/01/10 9:37 am • # 13 
Editorialist

Excellent, Sid!! What a gift from your friends. It may be only one day (and two nights....who needs sleep? lol), but it's a warm memory that you can store in your heart to bring out later when you are feeling lonely or down. Image

PostPosted: 12/02/10 2:22 pm • # 14 
Administrator

Now that's a real X-Mas, Sid.

PostPosted: 12/14/10 7:40 am • # 15 
Editorialist

My husband is out of town for a week and before he left he asked our daughter to help out while he was gone.  Yesterday, I worked late and she was supposed to go to gymnastics practice from school.  The gym was closed due to a death in the owner's family but I did not get the message.  So, my 11 yo girl found a teacher who could give her a ride home so I would not have to leave court.  Then, she made dinner for us and fed the dog, rabbit and fish.  This morning while I was walking the dog she fed the animals and made herself and me lunch.  When I got to work, I found a note in my lunch- Dear mom, I made you a lunch. Love you. Hope you enjoy!- of course, my heart melted.

Not especially related to christmas, but definitely in the spirit of family and giving of yourself to those you love.

PostPosted: 12/14/10 12:08 pm • # 16 
That's really sweet!

PostPosted: 12/21/10 5:33 pm • # 17 

PostPosted: 12/23/10 1:29 pm • # 18 
Administrator

Thank you for the beautiful card, Sid ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/24/10 9:02 am • # 19 
Administrator

Have almost a dozen turkey dinners to deliver tomorrow noon then we're off to Halifax for our own X-mas dinner at son's and dau-in-law.
He's in the Navy and they're having some of the single Navy guys over as well.
Should be quite a crowd.

PostPosted: 12/24/10 12:30 pm • # 20 
Merry Christmas, everyone!

PostPosted: 12/25/10 1:44 pm • # 21 
Administrator

oskar, please let us know how the dinner delivery went today ~ and is it safe to assume you're home, safe and sound, from Halifax?

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/25/10 1:54 pm • # 22 
Administrator

All went well. 11 happy shut-ins.
Went to son's for turkey and trimmings.

PostPosted: 12/25/10 3:08 pm • # 23 
Good going!

I just has steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, veggies and pumpkin pie...

PostPosted: 12/26/10 7:18 am • # 24 

Hi Sid and everyone, see you are all having warm and sincere time.  Thought I'd drop in to wish you all season's greetings and a great new year at home, as well as, in the group.
Haven't been here much this year, but all being well, will try to visit more in the new year.

PostPosted: 12/26/10 7:28 am • # 25 
Administrator

Thanks for your good wishes, alglenne ~ good wishes are returned in kind to you ~ we look forward to seeing more of you ~

Sooz

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 37 posts ] New Topic Add Reply