It is currently 04/28/24 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/02/10 3:57 am • # 1 
Administrator

We might never know if this is true or false ~ but my sense and opinion of Sarah Palin [both of which I easily admit are very negative] is that this is entirely plausible ~ Sarah has proven herself to manipulate and use everyone and anyone for self-serving gain and to get what she wants at any given moment ~ she chose to use her children as stage props, but that didn't work out the way Sarah planned ~ so it's not a stretch to see her as blaming the children because, in Sarah's own mind, Sarah herself can do no wrong ~ Sooz

Dec 01, 2010
Margaret Cho: Sarah Palin 'forced' Bristol to do 'DWTS'

Now that Dancing With the Stars is done, comedian Margaret Cho is now saying that Bristol Palin went on the show "because Sarah Palin forced her to do it."

Cho, who competed against Bristol during the 11th season but was booted off early on, explains on her blog -- from "someone who really should know:"

Quote:

Sarah supposedly blames Bristol harshly and openly (in the circles that I heard it from) for not winning the election, and so she told Bristol she "owed" it to her to do DWTS so that "America would fall in love with her again" and make it possible for Sarah Palin to run in 2012 with America behind her all the way. Instead of being supposedly "handicapped" by the presence of her teen mom daughter, now Bristol is going to be an "asset" – a celebrity beloved for her dancing. I am sure the show wasn't in on this (but who knows anything really).

Cho also refuted claims that she didn't get along with Bristol. "Everyone was trying to pit me against Bristol, but the truth is, we got along well," Cho writes.

Quote:

She never asked me to babysit Tripp or anything like that, but I consider her a friend. ... Although I don't agree with the family's politics at all, I really like Bristol as a person. She's warm and incredibly supportive, and I think that she looks beautiful out on the dance floor.

But Cho adds that she's a little worried for speaking out.

Quote:

Now I am scared I am going to wake up with a decapitated moose head in my bed.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... do-dwts-/1

PostPosted: 12/02/10 4:23 am • # 2 
Editorialist

More likely she'll be kidnapped, dumped on the Alaskan ice fields and hunted by Palin in her copter.

PostPosted: 12/02/10 8:07 am • # 3 
Editorialist

that would explain why she kept getting voted up. Palin's minions were responsible.

i would doubt that the OP was true, except she has already thrown Bristol under the bus once.

PostPosted: 12/02/10 8:31 am • # 4 
macroscopic wrote:
that would explain why she kept getting voted up. Palin's minions were responsible.

And this surprises anyone?

PostPosted: 12/02/10 8:55 am • # 5 
Editorialist

not really. but the WHY is interesting.

PostPosted: 12/02/10 9:05 am • # 6 
Administrator

DWTS confessed to a huge, gaping, easily-exploitable hole in its voting process ~ the judges' scores count for 50% of the vote; viewer votes count for the other 50% ~ everyone gets X number of votes each week [number changes weekly] ~ viewers/others can vote either via telephone or via internet ~ the gaping hole is that ABC does not verify either phone listings or email addresses ~ so with a landline and a cellphone, you get double the votes ~ with more telephone lines, you get even more ~ and your votes are virtually unlimited if you set up a bunch of phony email addresses ~ the only control is there is a limited amount of time in which viewers/others can vote ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/02/10 9:07 am • # 7 
Administrator

FTR, maybe I'm being naive, but I don't see any upside for Margaret Cho lie ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/02/10 9:12 am • # 8 
Editorialist

I'm just waiting for Bristol to mature a little more, tell her Mom to FO and write a tell-all book. It should be interesting. Image

PostPosted: 12/02/10 1:21 pm • # 9 

They are going after Todd for next season.

I was mad that Bristol was on the show.  The stars on that show are hardly A listers or even one time A listers, but Bristol was on 'cause her mom was a candidate for VP.  In my mind it was free political advertising for Sarah, and I was pissed ABC/Disney did that. 

Seems they liked the ratings that the controversy brought and if Todd goes on we can change the name of the show to Dancing With The Palins.

PostPosted: 12/02/10 7:34 pm • # 10 
This was the first season I didn't watch DWTS and I purposely did not because I did not want to see the mother and daughter twits.  I did see clips of it and thought Jennifer deserved to win. 

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ] New Topic Add Reply