It is currently 05/17/24 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/02/10 9:15 am • # 1 
Administrator

Apparently the Rs don't like having their feet held to the fire ~ too frigging bad! ~ but at least this time Boehner was only whining, not crying ~ Sooz

December 2nd, 2010
08:22 AM ET

Boehner rips House Democrats tax vote as 'chicken crap'

CNN Congressional Producer Deirdre Walsh

Washington (CNN) - House GOP Leader John Boehner ripped House Democrats for moving ahead with a vote Thursday just on extending tax cuts for those making $250,000 or less, calling the move "chicken crap."

"I'm trying to catch my breath so I don't refer to this maneuver going on today as chicken crap, all right? But this is nonsense, all right?" Boehner told reporters Thursday.

Boehner argued that Democrats were ignoring the message from voters last month who shifted control of the House of Representatives to Republicans.

"The election was one month ago. There are 23 months from the next election and the political games have already started to try to set up the next election. We had an honest conversation at the White House about the challenges that we face to get out of here and to take care of what the American people expect of us and to roll this vote out today, it really is just, it's what you think I was going to say anyway," Boehner said.

The GOP Leader would not give any details on the negotiations between White House officials and Congressional leaders about how to deal with the Bush-era tax cuts that are expiring at the end of the year, but maintained that Congress' main priority now should be on stopping any tax increases for any Americans.

When asked whether Republicans would support extending unemployment benefits as part of a compromise to extend all tax cuts for some period of time, Boehner simply answered, "we'll see."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ore-137822

PostPosted: 12/02/10 10:03 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Well, if anyone knows chicken crap it's John Boehner.

PostPosted: 12/02/10 10:04 am • # 3 
His is BULL crap. There's a difference.

PostPosted: 12/02/10 12:32 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

Boehner argued that Democrats were ignoring the message from voters last month who shifted control of the House of Representatives to Republicans.

what message would that be?  that Americans don't want the tax cuts for 98% of all Americans to remain intact?

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply