It is currently 05/03/24 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/06/10 11:59 am • # 1 
My nephew-in-law's multiple myeloma got worse this week also so when I read this I shed a few tears.  I have always found Elizabeth to be a tragic figure and I think she'd hate that, because with all that tragic she's been strong and had a lot of class.  

Elizabeth Edwards' cancer takes turn for the worse

Doctors advise against further treatment, family says

TODAY staff and wire
updated 44 minutes ago 2010-12-06T21:58:18

Elizabeth Edwards's cancer has gotten worse and her doctors have recommended against any additional treatment, her family announced Monday.

"Elizabeth has been advised by her doctors that further treatment of her cancer would be unproductive,â€

PostPosted: 12/06/10 2:21 pm • # 2 
Administrator

Sad news ~ Elizabeth has always appeared to be a class act ~ I wish her and her family, especially her children, well ~  

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/07/10 6:50 am • # 3 
That such a horrible disease seems to bring out the best gold in a person is one of life's paradoxes....

PostPosted: 12/07/10 7:24 am • # 4 
Administrator

A well-deserved and wonderful legacy, indeed ~ Sooz

By [url=/author/Think Progress]Think Progress[/url] at 11:45 am
The Legacy Of Elizabeth Edwards

ThinkProgress is devastated and heartbroken to hear that the health of our dear friend and colleague Elizabeth Edwards has deteriorated, as she wages her courageous battle against breast cancer. A long-time advocate of universal health care, Elizabeth transformed a personal medical tragedy into an instrument for social and political change after her initial diagnosis in November 2004. In the process, she gave voice to the millions of Americans who were left behind by our health system.

With her trademark courage, activism, and strong sense of justice, Elizabeth directly confronted the inequalities of the American health care system and the politicians who perpetuated them. During the 2008 presidential campaign, Elizabeth — a regular contributor to the Wonk Room throughout the health care reform debate and a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress — took to our blog and challenged conservatives for releasing a health care plan that would have excluded millions of Americans who suffered from pre-existing or chronic conditions. “Why are people like me left out of your health care proposal,â€

PostPosted: 12/07/10 11:06 am • # 5 
Editorialist

On the news just now, Elizabeth Edwards has died. My thoughts are with her family.

PostPosted: 12/07/10 11:10 am • # 6 
May she rest in peace.  ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 12/07/10 11:14 am • # 7 
Administrator

I'm very glad she didn't linger, losing more and more of herself each day ~

Rest in peace, Elizabeth ~ for ever and ever ~Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/07/10 11:20 am • # 8 
Administrator

That lady had more courage than all the yapping politicians combined.

PostPosted: 12/07/10 9:53 pm • # 9 
More than one older lady patient commented (unfavorably to put it mildly) re John Edwards upon hearing of Elizabeth's death....while I am sure in the complexity of human relations that John grieves and Elizabeth would not want him to suffer for his past sins, I kind of gather that most American women would not vote for him even as dogcatcher now....

PostPosted: 12/08/10 3:40 am • # 10 
Administrator

Cannalee2 wrote:
More than one older lady patient commented (unfavorably to put it mildly) re John Edwards upon hearing of Elizabeth's death....while I am sure in the complexity of human relations that John grieves and Elizabeth would not want him to suffer for his past sins, I kind of gather that most American women would not vote for him even as dogcatcher now....

That reaction is not surprising, Cannalee ~ I don't care so much that he had an affair ~ as you note, human relations are very complex ~ but the way he handled the exposure was contemptible ~ but that's a subject for a different thread ~

Sooz

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ] New Topic Add Reply