It is currently 05/23/24 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/08/10 6:38 am • # 1 
Administrator

Hard to believe it's been 30 years since a deranged fanatic murdered John Lennon ~ I'm old enough to remember Ed Sullivan introducing the Beatles, and John was always my favorite ~ to me, his genius was lyrics, and 'Imagine' remains one of my all-time favorite songs ~ I'm looking forward to reading [and posting, if I can find it online] the Rolling Stone interview ~ I too have personally fallen victim to the 'there's plenty of time' mindset ~ and I've learned we can't count on that 'time' ~ none of us have any guarantee ~ so make it a practice if/when you love someone [spouse, partner, child, friend] to tell them often that you love them ~ rest in peace, John ~ for ever and ever ~ Image ~ Sooz

Lennon's last interview: 'There's plenty of time'
Rolling Stone is set to publish full transcript of nine-hour discussion

Reuters
updated 12/8/2010 7:30:20 AM ET 2010-12-08T12:30:20

Rolling Stone magazine is publishing an interview with John Lennon, conducted three days before the former Beatle was gunned down in New York, in full for the first time.

The magazine said the nine-hour discussion with Jonathan Cott was the singer/songwriter's final print interview. Lennon was murdered outside his apartment on December 8, 1980, aged 40.

Rolling Stone ran excerpts from the interview shortly after Lennon's death, but Cott never transcribed all of the tapes until recently.

Rolling Stone: Audio excerpts from interview

"Earlier this year I was cleaning up to find some files in the recesses of my closet when I came across two cassette tapes marked 'John Lennon, December 5th, 1980,'" Cott said.

"It had been 30 years since I listened to them, and when I put them on this totally alive, uplifting voice started speaking on this magical strip of magnetic tape."

In the interview, Lennon lashed out at fans and critics who went after him during his five-year break from music.

"What they want is dead heroes, like Sid Vicious and James Dean," he said. "I'm not interested in being a dead f------ hero ... so forget 'em, forget 'em."

'Born-again rockers'
He also spoke about the possibility of returning to touring.

"We just might do it," Lennon said.

"But there will be no smoke bombs, no lipstick, no flashing lights. It just has to be comfy. But we could have a laugh. We're born-again rockers, and we're starting over ... There's plenty of time, right? Plenty of time."

Yoko Ono, Lennon's wife who was with him when he was killed, also contributed to the Rolling Stone's edition marking the 30th anniversary of Lennon's death.

The magazine hits newsstands on Friday.

http://today.msnbc.msn.co.../ns/today-entertainment/

PostPosted: 12/08/10 6:45 am • # 2 
Administrator

This picture accompanied the op ~ I get shivers up and down my spine whenever I see it ~ to me, it is one of the most sensual and loving and intimate pics ever ~ Sooz

PostPosted: 12/08/10 7:02 am • # 3 
Editorialist

they were a wonderful couple.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply