It is currently 05/04/24 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/08/10 8:29 am • # 1 
Administrator

Many many many Rs are publicly declaring their antipathy to extending unemployment benefits ~ which, sadly, is horrifying but not surprising ~ but I find it exceptionally annoying for Christine O'Donnell to speak against about extending UB for 2 reasons: [1] her 15 minutes is over and it is unlikely that anyone anywhere will ever take her seriously; and [2] her own history of unemployment but having the benefit of political contributions to live off [which is highly questionable ethically if not legally] ~ Sooz

By [url=/author/Alex Seitz-Wald]Alex Seitz-Wald[/url] at 11:35 am
Christine O'Donnell: Extending Unemployment Benefits A ‘Tragedy' Like Pearl Harbor

For the past year, conservatives have used specious, callous, and occasionally offensive arguments against extending unemployment benefits for jobless Americans, but former Delaware GOP Senate nominee Christine O'Donnell took this hyperbole over the top last night. O'Donnell is forming a new issues-oriented political action committee called “Christine PAC,â€

PostPosted: 12/08/10 2:49 pm • # 2 
Christine O'Donnell is dumber than a stump.

PostPosted: 12/08/10 3:11 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

a number of leading Republicans are vigorously opposed to the 13 month extension of jobless benefits included in the tax compromise between the White House and congressional Republicans, and are even threatening to oppose the entire package because of it.

Of course they will!

PostPosted: 12/08/10 4:53 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
a number of leading Republicans are vigorously opposed to the 13 month extension of jobless benefits included in the tax compromise between the White House and congressional Republicans, and are even threatening to oppose the entire package because of it.

Of course they will!

good.  as i said before, i hope the thing fails.  it will give the teabaggers exactly what they wanted.

PostPosted: 12/08/10 7:53 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

So:  Extending reduced taxes for the rich is good?
       Extending survival benefits for the working class is bad?

Rates right up there with "war is peace," I'm from the IRS and I'm here to help you" and "I've got ocean front property in Arizona I can let you have for a good price."

PostPosted: 12/08/10 9:43 pm • # 6 

This is all an absolute crock--we are talking about money needed for survival of those who are unemployed in the same breath as we are talking about torpedoeing the deficit with tax cuts for those who already have what they need to "survive"....where are people's hearts and minds and souls?  Are we all consumed by greed?  Is there no common sense left in this crazy world?  Of course the unemployed need an extension of their benefits...for as long as they are unemployed...that is a given....and no, the wealthy do not need their tax cuts to continue...the repugs as usual speak with forked tongues...I think that Obama did the best he could for the struggling poor, even while he realizes that the repugs give only lip service to caring about the deficit...the repugs have got to be the worst hypocrites in the world...

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply