It is currently 05/23/24 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/09/10 3:34 am • # 1 
Administrator

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ~ I don't understand what the WBC, better known as 'scum of the earth', has against Elizabeth Edwards ~ she wasn't gay, Jewish, or military ~ WBC is purely hateful ~ and deserves to be labeled and vilified as a 'hate group' ~ Sooz

December 9th, 2010
09:20 AM ET

Westboro Baptist Church says it will picket Elizabeth Edwards' funeral

(CNN) - Members of the Westboro Baptist Church announced Thursday plans to picket Saturday's funeral for Elizabeth Edwards in Raleigh, North Carolina.

The Kansas-based Church - monitored by anti-hate groups such as the Anti-Defamation league and the Southern Poverty Law Center - is known for its extremist opposition to homosexuals, Jews and other groups.

The church members also oppose the War in Iraq.

According to the church's website, members will hold a protest from 12:15 p.m. to 1 p.m.

Edwards, the estranged wife of presidential candidate John Edwards, died Tuesday after a six-year battle with breast cancer.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ore-139026

PostPosted: 12/09/10 3:40 am • # 2 
Someone should remind these so-called christians of one little passage in their so-called holy book: "By their fruits they shall be known."

PostPosted: 12/09/10 4:02 am • # 3 
I know I will be called anti-liberal here, but there is no way in hell these hateful monsters should be permitted anywhere near Elizabeth Edwards' funeral.   I also never bought the comparison to the KKK marching through Skokie either.  I think there are time, place and manner restrictions and a funeral is neither time nor place.  People are in active mourning at the time of the funeral.  I believe their rights to mourn are violated by the WBC's protests within their purview.   I would believe this if GLAAD protested at Fred Phelps funeral also.  

PostPosted: 12/09/10 4:36 am • # 4 
Administrator

They will eventually cross the line and some other nutter will go at them with a firearm.

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply