Administrator

And the sound and fury from the right?
Chirping crickets.

PostPosted: 12/15/10 5:31 am • # 27 
Editorialist

FireMission wrote:
macroscopic wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/us...tMedia#p/u/7/mKKKgua7wQk

seriously awesome. i am like....still stunned at this one.

Phew!  Scary stuff!

yeah.  i wrote Chase Whiteside about this video. he claimed that he didn't cherry pick the footage.  he took the best and the worst of the attendees, and a smattering in between. 

i believe him.

PostPosted: 12/15/10 8:58 am • # 28 
Editorialist

macroscopic wrote:
FireMission wrote:
macroscopic wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/us...tMedia#p/u/7/mKKKgua7wQk

seriously awesome. i am like....still stunned at this one.

Phew!  Scary stuff!

yeah.  i wrote Chase Whiteside about this video. he claimed that he didn't cherry pick the footage.  he took the best and the worst of the attendees, and a smattering in between. 

i believe him.

It seems to me that he spoke to a good number of people, asked reasonable questions and gave them the chance to respond. It's amazing - and yes, scary - how people can believe wholeheartedly in someone or something without truly knowing why.

I think it's one thing to be misinformed as are many in the video. Saying you supported the war in Iraq because Saddam was involved with 9/11 or saying you support lower taxes because it creates jobs no doubt means you believed someone spreading misinformation. But when asked about these things and not being able to say why you take the position you do (like the guy in the video who said he opposed Obama because of partial-birth abortions but could not say what Obama had done on that issue) truly shows an inability to think.

PostPosted: 12/15/10 9:05 am • # 29 
Editorialist

yeah, at worst.  or perhaps more indicting: a REFUSAL to think.  why do people do that?  mind boggling.

PostPosted: 12/15/10 9:07 am • # 30 
Administrator

macroscopic wrote:
yeah, at worst.  or perhaps more indicting: a REFUSAL to think.  why do people do that?  mind boggling.

Cuz it's easy.

PostPosted: 12/15/10 9:44 am • # 31 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
macroscopic wrote:

Cuz it's easy.

i don't like easy.  i really don't.  am i in a minority?

PostPosted: 12/15/10 10:22 am • # 32 
"am i in a minority?"

Ask me again after I've finished watching (enter "reality" TV program here: x________________________)

PostPosted: 12/16/10 1:59 am • # 33 
Guys (and gals,) I wasn't ignoring your responses - I just haven't had the time to read them and respond.  I started a consulting contract at the end of October and don't have the free time to converse as much here, especially during the week.

I'll take a look at what you've posted.  I asked an honest question, because I hadn't seen any interviews as jim had described.  I remember having seen the President relay the content of a letter which he said expressed that sentiment, but I hadn't seen someone being interviewed say that.  I freely admit that I don't spend much time searching for and viewing Youtube clips.

I've said many times that I support the health insurance reform bill that was signed into law.  I think it's a very workable approach, if Congress follows through on holding down Medicare costs.

PostPosted: 12/16/10 3:38 am • # 34 
Administrator

I asked an honest question, because I hadn't seen any interviews as jim had described.

Yep. None of that over at Fox Noise, Drudge, Breitbart. Not even the official GOP "In Lockstep We Will Succeed" newsletter had a link to such interviews.Image

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 34 posts ] New Topic Add Reply