It is currently 05/24/24 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/17/10 4:42 am • # 1 
My news is filled with the upcoming wedding. I've seen their engagment photos and think she's very pretty.   Today I saw they aren't inviting the Obamas. 
I personally could care less. I think it's strange though.

Personally I think royal weddings may have lost their lustre.   I do not care, but I was thinking maybe I just old and cranky.  LOL!!!

Snub for Obamas as Royal sources reveal they will not be invited to Prince William's wedding

By Fay Schlesinger

Last updated at 2:24 PM on 17th December 2010

President Obama and his wife Michelle will not be invited to Prince William's wedding next year.

Because Prince William is not yet heir to the throne, his wedding to Kate Middleton is not classed as a ‘state occasion' – and the couple feel under no pressure to fill the 2,000-strong guest list with heads of state, the Mail understands.

They are more eager to ask ordinary citizens and charity workers than foreign dignitaries and VIPs to what will be the first royal ‘people's wedding', courtiers suggested.

A handful of heads of state are likely to be invited in line with previous royal weddings, possibly including France's President Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife Carla Bruni.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1339315/President-Obama-snubbed-sources-reveal-invited-Prince-Williams-wedding.html#ixzz18Nrum89Z

PostPosted: 12/17/10 5:08 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Like you said, who cares?  I wish them well but don't really care about the wedding.  I'm not paying for it!

PostPosted: 12/17/10 5:32 am • # 3 
Editorialist

I would be interested in watching the wedding if it's as elegant as Diana's. Other than that I don't care. I read the other day on a Canadian news web page that people in the US are more facinated with it all, than they are in the UK or here, lol.

PostPosted: 12/17/10 5:48 am • # 4 

LOL!!!  I'm not going either FM and it's choking me up.

I don't know if the American people are as interested as the American media.  Not sure who's the driver here.

PostPosted: 12/17/10 8:06 am • # 5 
Editorialist

I've always wished William & Harry well. Everything they did or will ever do is under a microscope, and that can't be easy-even if they do live a charmed life of luxury. I don't think I could trade my free will for opulence and fame. But I'll happily test that theory anytime! LOL!

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply