It is currently 04/23/24 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 30 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/20/10 3:42 pm • # 26 
WOW, gramps.

Lovely, lovely post.

PostPosted: 12/20/10 3:53 pm • # 27 
What surprises me are the people who side with the republicans simply because they're not Democrats without actually investigating what it is they are supporting. - sheep - that's all they are.

PostPosted: 12/20/10 5:05 pm • # 28 
crybaby...

grow up!

PostPosted: 12/20/10 5:59 pm • # 29 
Editorialist

fm- if you want to unenroll, you have to go to your profile, click communities, and then click manage.

from there, you can unenroll.  i did it at CE2 last year.

sooz won't delete your posts, however.  it is not something she does.

you can delete them all manually, if you wish.  you don't have 5000 like me, so it is no major task.

PostPosted: 12/21/10 10:48 am • # 30 
Editorialist

But then there are lots of common customs around the world we should work to make uncommon, because we believe they are odious.  If we have a single underlying basic tenet of our political philosophy in this country, it is the liberty of each individual to make life choices for herself or himself. Further, we believe this liberty is not just ours by virtue of our American (or Canadian) citizenship, but ought by right to be everyone's, by virtue of being a free human being.

These child marriages are antithetical to our most basic value - individual personal freedom to decide for one's self..

I didn't want this to get lost in all the drama, because I think it was really really well said.  Just because something is common practice, doesn't make it right.

edit:  Thank you grampa tom.  I don't know why i had it in my head that this was jimwilliam's post, until sooz gave me the heads up.  ooooooooooppppps......Image

Last edited by Anonymous on 12/21/10 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 30 posts ] New Topic Add Reply