It is currently 03/28/24 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/29/10 2:45 pm • # 1 
Administrator

Ridiculous in the extreme ~ but something seems to be missing from the story ~ while the nitrates residue might have been a legit reason to detain her, can 'residue' be found by just looking? ~ Image ~ Sooz

TSA bans bikini woman for ‘unusual contour' around buttocks

By Daniel Tencer
Wednesday, December 29th, 2010 -- 6:08 pm

A woman who became a YouTube sensation earlier this month when she went through airport security in a bikini spent a night at the airport Tuesday because of TSA agents' concerns about an "unusual contour" around her buttocks.

Tammy Banovac says she is hand-searched every time she goes through airport security because she uses a wheelchair. But ever since the TSA instituted new "enhanced" pat-downs that involve touching of genitals, she has found herself feeling violated.

"If it happened anywhere else, it would have been sexual assault," she says of the procedure.

It was because of this that on November 30 she appeared at Oklahoma City's Will Rogers Airport in a bikini, in protest and presumably in the hopes that her revealing outfit would eliminate the need for a pat-down.

Banovac was searched and interrogated for an hour before being refused access to her flight by TSA agents who said they found residue of nitrates, which can be used on bombs, on her person. When she came back to the airport the next day, she was allowed to board her flight.

But now Banovac says the TSA found another reason to bar her from boarding. As she tried to board a flight -- fully clothed-- for the first time since the earlier incident, the TSA informed her they had found an "unusual contour" around her buttocks which they couldn't explain.

According to NewsOn6 in Oklahoma City, Banovac offered to strip for the agents to prove that she's not hiding anything

TSA agents aren't allowed to fully undress a passenger, so they had no choice but to deny her access to her flight.

"This is the most ridiculous sky security theatrics imaginable," she told the station.

Banovac ended up spending the night at the airport before being allowed to board a flight to Phoenix on Wednesday morning. It's not clear if she passed security wearing the same outfit as the night before.

She told reporters that her YouTube fame has made her life miserable, and she is routinely recognized at airports.

The following video was broadcast on NewsOn6, Dec. 28. 2010. [Sooz comment: not sure why, but the link would not embed here ~ if you're interested in seeing the clip, you can access it at the end link]

http://www.rawstory.com/r...s-bikini-woman-buttocks/

PostPosted: 12/29/10 3:13 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

i followed this story closely. there were a couple of things that i got from reading it elsewhere:

1) the nitrates were found in her wheelchair
2) i have been unable to determine why this woman is in a wheelchair.

if anyone knows the answer to the latter, please post it here.

PostPosted: 12/29/10 6:31 pm • # 3 
Is she a bimbo?

PostPosted: 12/29/10 7:01 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

gopqed wrote:
Is she a bimbo?

yes.  in fact she is.  she is a former Playboy Bunny.

PostPosted: 12/30/10 12:48 am • # 5 
Administrator

The TSA has her number and she'll be harassed whenever she travels by air.

PostPosted: 12/30/10 12:03 pm • # 6 
gopqed wrote:
Is she a bimbo?

I'm not sure. Did she say that she disagreed with some USSC decisions without being able to name a single one? Did she allow herself to be put in front of a dark background, in a dark suit (with everything except a big pointy hat) to tell the world that she isn't a witch?

Here is how O'Donnell earned the bimbo tag.

From David Knowles at AOLnews.

Where better to learn about the U.S. Constitution than at a law school?

Unfortunately for Delaware Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell, that education -- which came at Delaware's Widener Law on Thursday -- was courtesy of her opponent in the race, Democrat Chris Coons, in the midst of their second debate.

After scolding Coons for his lack of knowledge of constitutional law for stating that intelligent design should not be taught in public schools (a matter decided in a scathing decision in the case of Kitzmiller v. Dover School District), O'Donnell challenged her rival on his assertion that the U.S. Constitution creates a distinct separation between church and state.

"Where in the Constitution is separation of church and state?" O'Donnell asked. Upon hearing her words, the audience in the room burst into laughter.

Later in the proceedings, after fielding questions on the candidates' views on repealing the 14th, 16th and 17th Amendments, Coons returned the conversation to the question of the constitutionally mandated separation of church and state.
Quote:
"I absolutely oppose the widespread proposals by tea party candidates for us to repeal the 14th, 16th or 17th amendments." Coons said. "I also think you just heard, in the answers from my opponent, and in her attempt at saying 'where is the separation of church and state in the constitution' reveals her fundamental misunderstanding of what our Constitution is, how it is amended and how it evolved. The First Amendment establishes the separation, the fact that the federal government shall not establish any religion, and decisional law by the Supreme Court over many, many decades --"
O' Donnell then interrupted. "The First Amendment does?" she asked, skeptically.

Coons continued his explanation, and O'Donnell interrupted again. "So you're telling me that the separation of church and state is found in the First Amendment?"

Coons went on to cite cases the Supreme Court had decided that backed up the position of a wall between church and state.

"Let me just clarify," O'Donnell pressed. "You're telling me that the separation of church and state is found in the First Amendment?"

"The government shall make no establishment of religion," Coons said, summarizing the gist of the specific words in the First Amendment's establishment clause.

"That's in the First Amendment?" O'Donnell asked again, eliciting further laughter from the room.

http://www.aolnews.com/20...stion-floors-debate-aud/

You can go to that link and watch the vid if you like.

GOP may enjoy the contrarian opinions posted by right wing sites that try and put a smiley face on O'Donnell's 'bimboism'.

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply