It is currently 06/25/24 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12   Page 12 of 12   [ 293 posts ]
 Post subject: Rick Perry's extremism
PostPosted: 09/14/11 6:39 am • # 276 
Administrator

Mrs. Perry herself has said that she took the job in November 2003 because her children no longer needed her at home and the family needed the extra income.

Got the kids on another bribery payroll, didja?

PostPosted: 09/20/11 6:31 am • # 277 
Administrator

Why am I not even remotely surprised? ~ Image ~ Sooz

Perry Used Taxpayer Money To Subsidize Family Vacations, Presidential Campaign Events

During the last slash-and-burn legislative session, presidential contender and Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) approved draconian budget cuts for everything from education to Medicare. But one area where he didn't mind being extravagant with taxpayer money was financing family vacations, tours to promote his book, and campaign events.

The Houston Chronicle reports that Perry used at least $294,000 of Texas taxpayers' money for numerous personal trips, and has no plans to reimburse the state:

Quote:

At a time when state budget reductions were used to help offset a multibillion-dollar revenue shortfall, taxpayers were billed in excess of $294,000 in security detail expenses for out-of-state trips by Gov. Rick Perry or his wife, according to records released by the Department of Public Safety.

Destinations included the Bahamas in January for a family vacation and trips to Amsterdam, Madrid and New York by Anita Perry alone – visits that Perry spokeswoman Allison Castle said were for economic development.

Perry traveled to locales including New York, Washington, California and Las Vegas for events such as promotion of his anti-Washington book, Fed Up!, speeches, duties related to his then-chairmanship of the Republican Governors Association and meetings with business leaders or potential supporters for his presidential bid.

Perry's campaign pays for the travel costs, but the tab for his security detail is picked up by the state. Perry's flimsy excuse for using taxpayer funds to finance these trips: “I'm going to be promoting Texas no matter where I go.â€

PostPosted: 09/20/11 7:17 am • # 278 
Administrator

Methinks Perry's place in the sun will be shorter than Palin's.

PostPosted: 09/20/11 12:28 pm • # 279 
Editorialist

Posted at 03:35 PM ET, 09/20/2011

Rick Perry: ‘As a Christian . . . I stand with Israel'

The Texas governor and Republican presidential candidate spoke in New York on Tuesday during a press conference on Israel and Palestine. (Mary Altaffer - AP)

Texas Governor Rick Perry said during a New York press conference Tuesday that his Christian faith requires his strong support of Israel.

“I also as a Christian have a clear directive to support Israel, so from my perspective it's pretty easy,â€

PostPosted: 09/20/11 1:05 pm • # 280 
[i]“I also as a Christian have a clear directive to support Israel, so from my perspective it's pretty easy,â€

PostPosted: 09/20/11 5:19 pm • # 281 
Rick Perry endorsed Al Gore for President in 1988 but only did so to try to gain political clout and suck up to Speaker of the House in Texas at that time  and it didn't work.  

http://blog.chron.com/rickperry/2011/09/paul-slams-perry-for-backing-gore-texas-governor-fires-back/

PostPosted: 10/19/11 7:43 am • # 282 
Administrator

Unfriggingbelievable ~ and evil ~ and despicable ~ and oh-so-sadly typical of this self-proclaimed 'christian' ~ Image ~ Sooz

Perry Repeatedly Cut Child Abuse Prevention Funding As Texas Battled Rising Levels Of Abuse

A disturbing new report reveals that child abuse in the United States has reached “epidemicâ€

PostPosted: 10/25/11 1:49 am • # 283 
Administrator

Was there a character without a brain in the Wizard of Oz? ~ that is who Rick Perry is channeling ~ Image ~ Sooz

October 25, 2011 8:35 AM
Rick Perry has a tax plan
By Steve Benen

Republican presidential hopeful Rick Perry, desperate to get his flailing campaign back on track, has a new idea. He calls it “Cut, Balance and Growâ€

PostPosted: 10/25/11 8:18 am • # 284 
Editorialist

If I Only Had a Brain

I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain.
And my head I'd be scratchin' while
my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain.
I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le,
In trouble or in pain.
With the thoughts you'll be thinkin'
you could be another Lincoln
If you only had a brain.
Oh, I could tell you why The ocean's near the shore.
I could think of things I never thunk before.
And then I'd sit, and think some more.
I would not be just a nothin' my head all full of stuffin'
My heart all full of pain.
I would dance and be merry, life would be a ding-a-derry,
If I only had a brain.

PostPosted: 10/25/11 1:30 pm • # 285 
a big ol' stew pot of right-wing applause lines

Just like all the rest of 'em.

PostPosted: 10/25/11 2:29 pm • # 286 
Administrator

Thanks, roseanne ~ in my post-wake/funeral fog, I remembered the "If I only had a brain" song, but I couldn't remember if it was from the Wizard of Oz ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/10/11 4:36 am • # 287 
Administrator

It's moments like this that separate the [even marginally] competent from the wannabes ~ Sooz

November 10, 2011 8:00 AM
The ‘oops' heard ‘round the world
By Steve Benen

Some debate screw-ups are so memorable, they practically become iconic. Gerald Ford claiming there was “no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe,â€

PostPosted: 11/10/11 4:46 am • # 288 
Editorialist

In a way I feel sorry for him.  He's toast because of a brain fart.....something that happens to all of us time and again.

PostPosted: 11/10/11 5:03 am • # 289 
Oh but... what a brain fart! That didn't just stink up the room - it stunk up the country. Kinda like farting in a crowded elevator or bus.

PostPosted: 11/10/11 5:14 am • # 290 
Editorialist

Kinda like farting in a crowded elevator or bus.

Not at all.  Perry was up there alone.  There was no way for him to be looking around pretending to be trying to figure out who did it.

PostPosted: 11/10/11 6:35 am • # 291 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
In a way I feel sorry for him.  He's toast because of a brain fart.....something that happens to all of us time and again.

i can think of better targets for your sympathy, jim.  governor goodhair will go back to his billion dollar businesses, and do just dandy without us.

PostPosted: 11/10/11 8:16 am • # 292 
jimwilliam wrote:
Kinda like farting in a crowded elevator or bus.

Not at all.  Perry was up there alone.  There was no way for him to be looking around pretending to be trying to figure out who did it.
I meant that in the way that it was done in a very public way. No denying "he did it".

PostPosted: 11/17/11 6:52 am • # 293 
Administrator

I'm curious how many on the GOP/TP slate will stay in the race, egotistically burning thru millions of $$$$$, following the Iowa caucuses, which I think are right after New Year's ~ Sooz

November 17, 2011 9:30 AM
Perry's ‘lazy' strategy
By Steve Benen

Republican presidential hopeful Rick Perry has seen his candidacy fall apart over the last several weeks, largely done in by his own bizarre flaws and general ineptitude. The Texas governor does, however, have a comeback plan, and it involves relentless attacks against President Obama.

In theory, that seems like a fairly sensible plan. The Republican base hates the president, so it stands to reason Perry would try to connect with these voters by appealing to their rage.

Unfortunately, this means the dimwitted governor has been reduced to ridiculous claims.

On Fox News last night, Perry insisted the president “grew up in a privileged way,â€

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12   Page 12 of 12   [ 293 posts ] New Topic Add Reply