It is currently 05/04/24 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 1 of 4   [ 78 posts ]
PostPosted: 06/23/09 9:35 am • # 1 
Editorialist

OK, enough with the nicieties. There are people I genuinely hate, and I am not afraid to say it. Here are my top five. What are yours????

1) Cheney
2) Rumsfeld
3) Wolfowitz
4) Brent Bozell
5) John Bolton

PostPosted: 06/23/09 9:40 am • # 2 
I posted mine in the other thread but here it is...

1. Cheney

2. Rove

3. All right wing media personalities

4. Bolton

5.Newt Gingrich

5 is a short list but even so, these names can change as I recall certain things and as events unfold.

PostPosted: 06/23/09 10:45 am • # 3 
Editorialist

1. Cheney

2. Sara Palin

3. Newt Gingrich

4. Ann Coulter

5. Our local mayor--who's a loon, and pissed off a bunch of local regional gov'ts who now won't cooperate with the little town I live in to pay for a decent library. (this part was probably unnecessary--but you asked.)

Steven Harper was on that list for a while, but he finally came through with the stimulus.

PostPosted: 06/23/09 2:43 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

The cynical leaders of fools by the nose. For their dishonesty.

Gingrich, Limbaugh/Hannity/Beck and others of the ilk too numerous to mention, Roger Ailes, the authors of the left behind fantasies, and a whole bunch of people I haven't even heard of yet.

PostPosted: 06/23/09 2:52 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

grampatom wrote:
The cynical leaders of fools by the nose. For their dishonesty.

Gingrich, Limbaugh/Hannity/Beck and others of the ilk too numerous to mention, Roger Ailes, the authors of the left behind fantasies, and a whole bunch of people I haven't even heard of yet.

gramp- did you read Mark Morford's piece on the Left Behind Video Game?

PostPosted: 06/23/09 3:27 pm • # 6 
Administrator

Is that about the rabid fundamentalist's grand theft auto?

PostPosted: 06/23/09 3:46 pm • # 7 
Administrator

I'm having an extremely difficult time limiting my list to 5 ~ Cheney/Rumsfeld/Wolfowitz ~ Limbaugh/Hannity/Beck/Coulter ~ I agree Sarah Palin belongs on the list ~ I'm not big on Pelosi OR Reid, but I'm not sure they have moved up [or down] to level of "genuine hate" ~ Rove has earned a place on my list ~ I reserve the right to revise/update my list as my mood dictates ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/23/09 5:20 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

jabra2 wrote:

jab- actually.....YES! LOL! did you start the Morford thread at CE2?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...06/06/07/notes060706.DTL

Last edited by macroscopic on 06/23/09 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06/24/09 12:14 am • # 9 
I'm not sure I want to use "hate", but my list imo, would include those that I think this country would be/have been far better off w/o....

1) Right wing media (Fox/talk radio)
2)Newt
3)Reid
4)Bush/Cheney
5)Political think tanks/527's

PostPosted: 06/24/09 12:56 am • # 10 
Administrator

macroscopic wrote:
jabra2 wrote:

jab- actually.....YES! LOL! did you start the Morford thread at CE2?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...06/06/07/notes060706.DTL
I might have, but most likely it was Kiwi. He loved Morford and posted his commentary almost daily.

PostPosted: 06/25/09 12:13 am • # 11 
Wow. You guys keep lists of who you hate, and can even rank them?

PostPosted: 06/25/09 1:10 am • # 12 
[b wrote:
gopqed[/b]]Wow. You guys keep lists of who you hate, and can even rank them?
Now now....note I didn't use the word "hate", just things/people this country would be better off w/o imo. I could've thrown in bitchy mother-in-laws...or a fifteen foot putt that someone claims to have made, but nobody around to see it Image...

PostPosted: 06/25/09 2:38 am • # 13 
Editorialist

gopqed wrote:
Wow. You guys keep lists of who you hate, and can even rank them?

wow. you don't?

PostPosted: 06/25/09 2:47 am • # 14 
Administrator

I don't. As a godless atheist I don't hate anyone. I find a lot of folks disgusting but I just can't hate, yet. Not even Coulter and those who spread hate like her.

PostPosted: 06/25/09 2:47 am • # 15 
Add yours GOP, I know you have some!

PostPosted: 06/25/09 3:02 am • # 16 
Editorialist

jabra2 wrote:
I don't. As a godless atheist I don't hate anyone. I find a lot of folks disgusting but I just can't hate, yet. Not even Coulter and those who spread hate like her.

i hate people who betray my trust, and the trust of a nation, for their own narrow, selfish, or undemocratic interests.

but suit yourself. Image

Last edited by macroscopic on 06/25/09 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06/25/09 3:30 am • # 17 
Administrator

"hate" is just a too strong of a word for me to use. Darn catholic parents who instilled that notion in me!

PostPosted: 06/25/09 4:30 am • # 18 
Editorialist

jabra2 wrote:
"hate" is just a too strong of a word for me to use. Darn catholic parents who instilled that notion in me!

i never thought i would see any commonality between you and wn. but here we have it. Image

incidentally- i don't feel GOOD about hating them. but i can't deny it.

PostPosted: 06/25/09 4:35 am • # 19 
Administrator

macroscopic wrote:
jabra2 wrote:

i never thought i would see any commonality between you and wn. but here we have it. Image

Yikes! I take everything back! Everything!

Wait a minute! Are you saying that person you're talking about doesn't hate? Uhmm, like me or anything muslim or anyone ever touched by enlightenment, for example? Image

Last edited by jabra2 on 06/25/09 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06/25/09 4:39 am • # 20 
Editorialist

jabra2 wrote:
macroscopic wrote:
jabra2 wrote:

Wait a minute! Are you saying that person you're talking about doesn't hate? Uhmm, like me or anything muslim or anyone ever touched by enlightenment, for example? Image

no, i am saying she never uses the word, and makes the same argument against using it that you do. it is a dangerous word, as you know. there are laws surrounding it.

PostPosted: 06/25/09 4:45 am • # 21 
Administrator

Are you saying I'm also a snake?

PostPosted: 06/25/09 4:58 am • # 22 
lmfao, it's an exercise in making a list of the people you think have been bad for American. I can't hate people I've never met. I do hate their actions.

PostPosted: 06/25/09 5:00 am • # 23 
Editorialist

Thack wrote:
lmfao, it's an exercise in making a list of the people you think have been bad for American. I can't hate people I've never met. I do hate their actions.

there are a lot of people that i think are bad for America that i don't hate. it takes a LOT to make me hate someone, Thack. you know that all too well. Image

PostPosted: 06/25/09 5:54 am • # 24 
[b wrote:
jabra2[/b]]
macroscopic wrote:
[b wrote:
jabra2[/b]]"hate" is just a too strong of a word for me to use. Darn catholic parents who instilled that notion in me!

LOL...love it.....imo, what/how people write is somewhat like a novel. A good book can draw one right into what the writer is trying to express...the same goes for how a person posts. She doesn't have to use "the" word to express herself, she does it nonetheless. What irritates me more though is she has transformed God into her image rather then the other way around, and uses it to deflect criticism directed at her and to support her POV. She hates allright, and does it in a way that makes it seem like it's not her, it's God that does.

I don't. As a godless atheist I don't hate anyone. I find a lot of folks disgusting but I just can't hate, yet. Not even Coulter and those who spread hate like her. ...Image...Assume for a moment that there really is a God....which would he choose...jabra or wn Image..?? Yeah, I know about "judging"...fundies don't seem to have a problem doing it based on their idea of what God would do.

Last edited by Hawkeye on 06/25/09 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06/25/09 8:24 am • # 25 
Editorialist

Hawkeye wrote:
[b wrote:
jabra2[/b]]
macroscopic wrote:
[b wrote:
jabra2[/b]]"hate" is just a too strong of a word for me to use. Darn catholic parents who instilled that notion in me!

LOL...love it.....imo, what/how people write is somewhat like a novel. A good book can draw one right into what the writer is trying to express...the same goes for how a person posts. She doesn't have to use "the" word to express herself, she does it nonetheless. What irritates me more though is she has transformed God into her image rather then the other way around, and uses it to deflect criticism directed at her and to support her POV. She hates allright, and does it in a way that makes it seem like it's not her, it's God that does.

I don't. As a godless atheist I don't hate anyone. I find a lot of folks disgusting but I just can't hate, yet. Not even Coulter and those who spread hate like her. ...Image...Assume for a moment that there really is a God....which would he choose...jabra or wn Image..?? Trick question. God wouldn't choose. he might watch the narrowminded hatred, and feel sad...Yeah, I know about "judging"...fundies don't seem to have a problem doing it based on their idea of what God would do. They make God sound like Rush Limbaugh. Small, narrow minded, and stupid. What kills me is the way they hide behind it--the whole well, I would but the bible says forget it argument. Like they would, but they follow god, who's more narrowminded than they are...

For the record, I do believe in God. It's like the world and everyone in it's just to great for there not to be. For me, God's like the framing question...the thing that ties everything together. I know it's a cliche, but I do believe in the God of love...it's really hard to believe in a diety that you wouldn't respect, I guess. If there is a god, he/she's got to be smart enough to rise above all this nonsense and see real truth--the intrinsic value of people--to see beyond the sound bites.

Not that there has to be a god for people to make good decisons and treat each other with basic human decency.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei

Hawk, I sat up one night when I was sick with bronchitis and couldn't sleep, talking about the nature of God with a couple of fundies from a right wing board we both know and used to love. It's amazing how little some people are actually willing to examine some of their most fundamental beliefs. And then, sometimes people surprise you...

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 1 of 4   [ 78 posts ] New Topic Add Reply