It is currently 05/20/24 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 3 of 4   [ 78 posts ]
PostPosted: 06/26/09 5:26 am • # 51 
I think you are spot on in your statement about hate and bigotry, Macro.

PostPosted: 06/26/09 5:35 am • # 52 
Editorialist

Thack wrote:
I think you are spot on in your statement about hate and bigotry, Macro.

it takes a LOT to make me hate, Thack. i will watch a guy f(*k up for years before i start to question whether he is doing it on purpose or not.

PostPosted: 06/26/09 5:37 am • # 53 
I understand. It's the very reason that I do hate the neocons, the rightwing and the conservative pundits.

PostPosted: 06/26/09 10:02 am • # 54 
macroscopic wrote:
their hate is bigotry- because they hate people that they don't even know, just because they are "liberals" or "Mexicans". yours is not.

Thack wrote:
I understand. It's the very reason that I do hate the neocons, the rightwing and the conservative pundits.

Is it OK to hate groups of people as long as they aren't liberals? That doesn't seem quite right, somehow.

I'm still amazed some people maintain lists of those they hate. It reminds me of Richard Nixon - perhaps there's some kind of a lesson there.

I have differences of opinion with people when it comes to politics, but I don't hate them for it.

PostPosted: 06/26/09 10:22 am • # 55 
Editorialist

Quote:
gopqed wrote:
Quote:
macroscopic wrote:

their hate is bigotry- because they hate people that they don't even know, just because they are "liberals" or "Mexicans". yours is not.

Quote:
Thack wrote:

Is it OK to hate groups of people as long as they aren't liberals? That doesn't seem quite right, somehow.

it isn't right. that's probably why you are having so much trouble.

I'm still amazed some people maintain lists of those they hate. It reminds me of Richard Nixon - perhaps there's some kind of a lesson there.

i am sure there is. how about "don't hate groups of people- hate individuals"?

I have differences of opinion with people when it comes to politics, but I don't hate them for it.

politics be damned. i am talking about people that have engaged in massive deceit and engendered massive suffering. if they don't diserve hate from at least some people, then i don't know what the feeling is for.

i don't hate anyone on this board, gop, save one poster. and it is only because he threatened the lives of my wife and son.

PostPosted: 06/27/09 4:20 am • # 56 
Administrator

macroscopic wrote:
i don't hate anyone on this board, gop, save one poster. and it is only because he threatened the lives of my wife and son.

That comment really startled me and I checked directly with Mac ~ "this board" refers to "another" group, NOT VoC ~ and btw, THAT poster will never be admitted as a member here ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/27/09 4:49 am • # 57 
Editorialist

sorry sooz. i should have said "that board"- but i felt it was less descriptive.

PostPosted: 06/27/09 4:53 am • # 58 
gopqed wrote:
macroscopic wrote:

Thack wrote:

You seem to live in a bubble in which conservatives are exempt from the normal human frailties.

The people who drove the policy, made the policy and executed the policy that led to the deaths of American soldiers in a pointless exercise in nation building are worthy of hatred.

You don't have to join in but when you support them in general, you support them in detail, whether you admit it or not.

PostPosted: 06/28/09 3:06 pm • # 59 
You seem to take pride in your bigotry. That's not an admirable quality.

PostPosted: 06/28/09 3:15 pm • # 60 
gopqed wrote:
You seem to take pride in your bigotry. That's not an admirable quality.
I don't see where I've said anything bigoted. It's not my fault that the people who lied to the country about WMD's, the economy, and just about everything else that is important in American were republicans.

I would have liked to see them do the right thing. Unfortunately, they are self serving fools.

You call that bigotry because you are a wingnut and your party failed the country. You've become rather tedious since the fall of your GOP empire.

PostPosted: 06/28/09 3:21 pm • # 61 
Bigots routinely try to rationalize their bigotry as noble. You've explicitly expressed your hate for entire groups of people in this thread, and you've demonstrated it in many of your comments on this and the other board I've posted on with you. As macro said earlier:

Quote:
their hate is bigotry- because they hate people that they don't even know, just because they are "liberals" or "Mexicans".
You just hate people because you see them as "neocons" or "rightwing." QED.

PostPosted: 06/28/09 3:26 pm • # 62 
Those who hold to those values fit the description and should earn the animostity of anyone who cares about America.

You will shill for them if they are accused of being bad for America.

That kneejerk attitude is motivated by bigotry.

PostPosted: 06/29/09 2:34 am • # 63 
1. Bin Laden
2. Hitler
3. Noriega
4. Id Amin
5. Kim Jung Eul (sp)

PostPosted: 06/29/09 4:09 am • # 64 
Where the heck is Noriega?

PostPosted: 06/29/09 4:09 am • # 65 
I believe we were talking about American politics.

PostPosted: 06/29/09 4:20 am • # 66 
The thread title doesn't indicate the subject was limited to American politics. In any case, I can't think of even one US politician who I actually hate.

Not sure, but I think Noriega is still in jail.

PostPosted: 06/29/09 4:56 am • # 67 
Hate is a strong word. I think it's hyperbole in this instance, but I understand that conservatives must attack me for the use of it.

I really hate it when that happens.

PostPosted: 06/29/09 6:56 am • # 68 
Thack, my post was not an attack. I can probably count using the fingers on one hand the number of time's I've attacked anyone, in the almost 10 years I've been posting on message boards.

Believe me when I 'tell you', if I ever go on a Thack Attack, you (and everyone else) will know it. LOL!

PostPosted: 06/24/11 7:12 am • # 69 
Editorialist

gopqed wrote:
Bigots routinely try to rationalize their bigotry as noble. You've explicitly expressed your hate for entire groups of people in this thread, and you've demonstrated it in many of your comments on this and the other board I've posted on with you. As macro said earlier:

Quote:
their hate is bigotry- because they hate people that they don't even know, just because they are "liberals" or "Mexicans".
QED my arse.  i never said i hated "rightwing" or "neocons".

again, i don't hate groups.  i hate certain individuals.  their political affiliation is immaterial.

(sorry it took so long to find this comment)

PostPosted: 06/24/11 9:51 am • # 70 
Ok...yes we're not supposed to hate especially, but we're not supposed to lie either--people/politicos whose ideas and actions I really loath :   (is "loath" the same as "hate"?  Oh wellll!!)
 1.  The Kochs--at the very top of my list as being very very dangerous to America (and their pet politicians Walker, Christie, Scott)
 2.  Certain justices of SCOTUS, who gave us Citizens United for I think that decision undermined American elections
 3.  Westboro Baptist Church Rev Phelps and his daughter Marjorie--their brand of Christianity stinks and is horrible
 4.  Teleevangelists Perry Stone, Parsley, Benny Hinn, and others of their ilk...they lie to the "flock"...
 5. Bush (both of them) Cheney, Rumsfeld, Gonzales, for they brought shame to our country and our military (Abu Ghraib, Gitmo, etc.)

PostPosted: 06/24/11 12:54 pm • # 71 
Editorialist

good list, can.

thanks for coming over to the dark side.

;]

PostPosted: 06/24/11 2:03 pm • # 72 
I really wanted to join in on this but five is such a small number. Maybe I can do 5 living righties I hate and 5 dead righties I still hate.
That's still leaving out a lot of rotten righties.
Dead righties I hate
Ronnie Raygun
Tricky Dick Nixon
J. Edgar Hoover
Strom Thurmon
the dirty tricks guy who died of a brain tumor.

I can't cut the living guys down to 5- let me know when you're doing a list of 25 people (righties in my case) we hate.

PostPosted: 06/24/11 2:43 pm • # 73 
Editorialist

bunkerhill14 wrote:
I really wanted to join in on this but five is such a small number. Maybe I can do 5 living righties I hate and 5 dead righties I still hate.
That's still leaving out a lot of rotten righties.
Dead righties I hate
Ronnie Raygun
Tricky Dick Nixon
J. Edgar Hoover
Strom Thurmon
the dirty tricks guy who died of a brain tumor.

I can't cut the living guys down to 5- let me know when you're doing a list of 25 people (righties in my case) we hate.
i view this thread as a cathartic exercise, bunker.  no need to hold back.  ;]

PostPosted: 06/24/11 2:44 pm • # 74 
Well, if I'm gonna go to the "dark side' might as well go all the way--and speak ill of the dead:  I developed a deep dislike of Jerry Falwell when he was so mean to Larry Flynt..

PostPosted: 06/25/11 3:44 am • # 75 
macroscopic wrote:
gopqed wrote:

Quote:
QED my arse.  i never said i hated "rightwing" or "neocons".

again, i don't hate groups.  i hate certain individuals.  their political affiliation is immaterial.

(sorry it took so long to find this comment)

macro, my comment wasn't directed to you.  I was talking to Thack about his bigotry.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 3 of 4   [ 78 posts ] New Topic Add Reply