It is currently 05/18/24 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 2 of 4   [ 78 posts ]
PostPosted: 06/25/09 8:28 am • # 26 
Yeah, I know about "judging"...

Yeah, yeah, I know about that, it is being thrown at me every time I point out the fundies are judgemental.

BUT!!!!

It is THEM who believe that crap, not me! I am not being a hypocrite, I am free to judge. It is only prohibited by THEIR beliefs! Image

PostPosted: 06/25/09 8:32 am • # 27 
Editorialist

FrontlineCatch 22 wrote:
Yeah, I know about "judging"...

Yeah, yeah, I know about that, it is being thrown at me every time I point out the fundies are judgemental.

BUT!!!!

It is THEM who believe that crap, not me! I am not being a hypocrite, I am free to judge. It is only prohibited by THEIR beliefs! Image

that's right, F22. one of MY prophets once said "he who is without judgement may as well be dead".

PostPosted: 06/25/09 4:26 pm • # 28 
Wow. I just realized there isn't a single individual in politics that I hate. Damnit! I've officially become a moderate. I think Rush Limbaugh warned me about that.

Wait! I do hate Rush Limbaugh. Phew! I thought I was losing it there for a minute.

PostPosted: 06/25/09 4:43 pm • # 29 
Administrator

LOL ~ I had faith in you, Minion ~ nice to see you back ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/25/09 4:52 pm • # 30 
Editorialist

Minion wrote:
Wow. I just realized there isn't a single individual in politics that I hate. Damnit! I've officially become a moderate. I think Rush Limbaugh warned me about that.

Wait! I do hate Rush Limbaugh. Phew! I thought I was losing it there for a minute.

MINION!!!! how are you, darlin????

PostPosted: 06/25/09 5:59 pm • # 31 
Hey guys! I'm good. How are you?

PostPosted: 06/25/09 6:05 pm • # 32 
Editorialist

Minion wrote:
Hey guys! I'm good. How are you?

surviving the old fashioned way- one day at a time.

PostPosted: 06/26/09 12:09 am • # 33 
1. Newt Gingrich....a very dangerous man

2. Carl Levin.....makes a mountain out of a mole hill and twists and omits to make everything fit their agenda....which is very dangerous

3. Rush Limbaugh/Anne Coulter....Liars and shephards of an ignorant flock...very dangerous men

4. Dr Savage....Whoaaaaaaaaa...that man is so warped it isn't even funny. Not just dangerous but instigates violence all the time. Usually comes out during a heated rant.

5. Anyone that repeats the talking points of the above. Can only prove with articles and clips of those from above.

I don't really hate anyone. I can honestly say that. Hate is something that is learned and my parents nor any of the people that have made an impact on my life taught me to hate. But the above mentioned people could get me to that point.

PostPosted: 06/26/09 12:21 am • # 34 
They make God sound like Rush Limbaugh. Small, narrow minded, and stupid. What kills me is the way they hide behind it--the whole well, I would but the bible says forget it argument. Like they would, but they follow god, who's more narrowminded than they are...

LOL, small, narrow minded, stupid....a God created from their image to, as you say, hide behind. My wife has been studying the Torah for almost three years now, she's quit the church and attends special study groups....and these people, even though religious, would be the first to tell you the mainstream church is rotting from the inside out due to people who've re-created God into an instrument of hate. The two you mention, speak to their inner idiots, not for God....that's just their excuse.

PostPosted: 06/26/09 12:52 am • # 35 
Administrator

I've been thinking about this thread ~ Hawkeye, Jab, and Monster have now all commented that they don't/can't hate ~ and they make a very strong point ~ hate [as I too have said frequently] is taught/learned ~ if "hate" is "hate", that would make my/our hate no different from the hate of the "others" ~ the only difference I can find is that my hate is based strictly on acts/deeds/words/intent ~ while I see their hate as based in greed, self-proclaimed "superiority", megalomania ~ and yes frequently including race, religion, sexual orientation ~ so maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but I am using the word "hate" to express what Jab calls "disgust" ~ some might scoff and say "it's just semantics" ~ but I believe words CAN AND DO make a difference ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/26/09 2:16 am • # 36 
Administrator

Semantics perhaps, but for me there are varying degrees and "hate" is just a tad above my limit. Don't forget that I'm most likely using the translation of my "other" language's word for "hate", and there "Hass" has some really ugly meanings.

PostPosted: 06/26/09 3:21 am • # 37 

I have to tell you all I am kinda hurt. Nobody said anything about my post:

3. Rush Limbaugh/Anne Coulter....Liars and shephards of an ignorant flock...very dangerous men Image

PostPosted: 06/26/09 3:22 am • # 38 
Let me be the controversial one then:

I freely admit I hate most of those. I hate liars and intentional idiots (I don't believe that Rush, Coulter, etc. are actual idiots, I think they are smart people). They preach hate, they wallow in it and they make significant money out of it. Therefore I just hate them back.

I have no patience for their fans, either, but I am an "elitist". I see no reason why I should respect a dumb a**wipe and why I should accept that they are "equal". They aren't. They are just dumb a**wipes.

PostPosted: 06/26/09 3:32 am • # 39 
Administrator

the monster wrote:

3. Rush Limbaugh/Anne Coulter....Liars and shephards of an ignorant flock...very dangerous men Image

Agreed, they are. I despise these peddlers of hate, and I despise those that are so willingly led by them.

PostPosted: 06/26/09 3:43 am • # 40 
Editorialist

FrontlineCatch 22 wrote:
Let me be the controversial one then:

I freely admit I hate most of those. I hate liars and intentional idiots (I don't believe that Rush, Coulter, etc. are actual idiots, I think they are smart people). They preach hate, they wallow in it and they make significant money out of it. Therefore I just hate them back.

I have no patience for their fans, either, but I am an "elitist". I see no reason why I should respect a dumb a**wipe and why I should accept that they are "equal". They aren't. They are just dumb a**wipes.

this is precisely where i stand. for those that love, and equal measure in return. ditto for those that hate. i owe no tolerance to the intolerant.

PostPosted: 06/26/09 4:03 am • # 41 
Administrator

I'm not suggesting tolerance for the intolerant, Mac ~ I questioning if/why MY hatred is different than theirs ~ and I confess that my only conscious bias is against knee-jerk intolerance ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/26/09 4:06 am • # 42 
Editorialist

sooz08 wrote:
I'm not suggesting tolerance for the intolerant, Mac ~ I questioning if/why MY hatred is different than theirs ~ and I confess that my only conscious bias is against knee-jerk intolerance ~

Sooz

i will tell you how it is different! they hate ENTIRE CLASSES OF PEOPLE! that is unfair. if you hate THEM for it, it is totally fair. fairness is the difference. qed.

PostPosted: 06/26/09 4:13 am • # 43 
macroscopic wrote:
Thack wrote:
lmfao, it's an exercise in making a list of the people you think have been bad for American. I can't hate people I've never met. I do hate their actions.

there are a lot of people that i think are bad for America that i don't hate. it takes a LOT to make me hate someone, Thack. you know that all too well. Image

I wasn't commenting on you. I was stating how I feel and I think you feel much the same.

PostPosted: 06/26/09 4:14 am • # 44 
Administrator

the monster wrote:

I have to tell you all I am kinda hurt. Nobody said anything about my post:

You didn't hear me chuckling, monster? ~ Image ~ I had a true-life experience with Ann ~ and I dug it out for you because I think you'll enjoy it ~

Funny but totally true story ~ before I retired last spring, the firm, my boss, and by extension me, were involved in a very news-worthy activity ~ my boss was being sought out for interviews constantly ~ I answered the phone one day and the caller asked to speak to him ~ I didn't ask who the caller was, but told her he was out of the office, and offered to either take a message or transfer the caller to his private voicemail ~ she almost immediately got VERY snotty with me and said "I know XXX will want to talk to me because I am Ann Coulter and I want an interview with him" ~ that kind-a sort-a pissed me off ~ Image ~ so I told her I didn't care who was calling, he was STILL not in the office, and I repeated my offer to either take a message or transfer her to his private voicemail ~ she asked me to take a message but felt compelled to instruct me to be sure he got the message as soon as possible ~ that little dig did NOT help her cause with me ~ being still kind-a sort-a pissed off, I said "oh the other phone is ringing, let me transfer you to voicemail" ~ and I did exactly that ~ Image

What I neglected to include in that post was that when my boss returned to the office, I told him what happened ~ he laughed ~ after the telephone interview, he came out of his office, again laughing ~ said she had commented on my "professionalism" to him ~ but was quick to add that he said "yes, she's great" ~ LOL ~ I asked him if she responded to that ~ he said there were a few seconds of silence and then she said "thank you, goodbye" and hung up on him ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/26/09 4:22 am • # 45 
Hawkeye wrote:
I don't. As a godless atheist I don't hate anyone. I find a lot of folks disgusting but I just can't hate, yet. Not even Coulter and those who spread hate like her. ...Image...Assume for a moment that there really is a God....which would he choose...jabra or wn Image..?? Yeah, I know about "judging"...fundies don't seem to have a problem doing it based on their idea of what God would do.
I think many so-called 'christians' misunderstand the meaning of "You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name." I think that verse also means that you can't use the name of the 'lord' to prop up your false notions. You can't use the name of god to make money. You can't use the name of god to prop up you prejudices and your politics.

The verse says that god won't acquit you of those sins.

PostPosted: 06/26/09 4:22 am • # 46 
Administrator

macroscopic wrote:
sooz08 wrote:

Sooz

i will tell you how it is different! they hate ENTIRE CLASSES OF PEOPLE! that is unfair. if you hate THEM for it, it is totally fair. fairness is the difference. qed.

Mac, I was starting from the concept that "hate" is "hate" ~ and I noted a difference, very similar to the one you state, between "mine" and "theirs" when I said: "the only difference I can find is that my hate is based strictly on acts/deeds/words/intent ~ while I see their hate as based in greed, self-proclaimed "superiority", megalomania ~ and yes frequently including race, religion, sexual orientation" ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/26/09 4:35 am • # 47 
Many people join with a religious faith because of insecurity in a dangerous and uncertain world. Their beliefs are rooted in faith, not logic and because of that, there is little chance to have a meaningful dialogue with them. This is especially true when two different religions come into conflict with each other.

I see that as the root of the problem with conservative faiths. Their adherents are capable of flying planes into buildings, blowing up abortion clinics and murdering those they think are worthy of death. It becomes easier if those people are not of their 'faith'.

PostPosted: 06/26/09 4:44 am • # 48 
Administrator

I would add "indoctrination" as a child to that list, too, Thack ~ kind of an inheritance of hate and belief ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/26/09 4:52 am • # 49 
Editorialist

sooz08 wrote:
macroscopic wrote:
sooz08 wrote:

Sooz

Mac, I was starting from the concept that "hate" is "hate" ~ and I noted a difference, very similar to the one you state, between "mine" and "theirs" when I said: "the only difference I can find is that my hate is based strictly on acts/deeds/words/intent ~ while I see their hate as based in greed, self-proclaimed "superiority", megalomania ~ and yes frequently including race, religion, sexual orientation" ~

Sooz

their hate is bigotry- because they hate people that they don't even know, just because they are "liberals" or "Mexicans". yours is not.

PostPosted: 06/26/09 5:24 am • # 50 
sooz08 wrote:

I would add "indoctrination" as a child to that list, too, Thack ~ kind of an inheritance of hate and belief ~

Sooz

"Suffer the little children to come unto me" is one of the most destructive forces in America.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 2 of 4   [ 78 posts ] New Topic Add Reply