It is currently 05/20/24 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Question
PostPosted: 01/01/11 5:43 pm • # 1 
I have received emails today from two different people... one from Atlanta, Ga and the other in Canada .  Their emails are identical and start out.... See who has block you.   It looks like an official email from MSN..  But I found out from my friends they didn't sent the email and are telling me this is a new virus. Once you click on to see who has blocked you it hooks on to all you contacts and that same email goes to all your contacts.  I did not click onto either link provided in these emails so I am hoping none of my contacts were sent this email.   Anyone else hear of this?

PostPosted: 01/02/11 2:43 am • # 2 
I've never received any emails like that - ever but I have heard of them. I guess I don't have any friends so they ignore me - just like advertisers ignore me because I'm not on any credit card database.

PostPosted: 01/02/11 4:35 am • # 3 
Editorialist

http://www.spamfighter.com/News-15587-ESET-Detects-Fresh-Phishing-Scam-Aiming-At-Hotmail-Users.htm

Picked this up in another group - one of the members has a hotmail account and is receiving strange emails.  Now I gotta go check my hotmail account.

PostPosted: 01/02/11 4:47 am • # 4 
No wonder I don't have a problem... I very rarely use Hotmail and I NEVER keep a contacts list there.

PostPosted: 01/02/11 7:12 am • # 5 
Editorialist

Sidartha wrote:
I've never received any emails like that - ever but I have heard of them. I guess I don't have any friends so they ignore me - just like advertisers ignore me because I'm not on any credit card database.

I wish the credit card database would ignore ME.  If I get one more offer for a credit card that I know my credit won't qualify for, I'm going to mail it all to the financial regulations people.  HONESTLY.  Don't they check?  After my husband's little adventures in debt, my 10 year old is more likely to qualify for a card than I am.

PostPosted: 01/02/11 10:42 am • # 6 
Thanks for the link and all the replies.  So far, none on my contacts list have received any such email from me. 

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply