It is currently 05/18/24 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next   Page 1 of 6   [ 128 posts ]
 Post subject: Herman Cain's extremism
PostPosted: 10/17/11 2:49 am • # 1 
Administrator

Personally, I find Herman Cain nothing more than a black version of Donald Trump ~ I'm convinced his 'rise to fame' is largely a fluke, based strongly in resistance to/dislike for other GOP/TP candidates ~ as far as I can tell, he's not smart, carries a lot of personal baggage, and he's deeply bigoted ~ but he is, strangely, now a 'top tier' candidate for the GOP nomination ~ so I figure he's earned his own 'extremism' thread here in VoC ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/17/11 2:54 am • # 2 
Administrator

Does anyone see Cain as serious about governance? ~ Image ~ Sooz

October 17, 2011 8:35 AM
‘Foreign policy dumb'
By Steve Benen

Herman Cain talked to Fox News' Neil Cavuto on Friday, and welcomed questions about his familiarity with international affairs. “I hope they continue to think that I am foreign policy dumb until the right time, they will find out I'm not foreign policy dumb as they think,â€

PostPosted: 10/17/11 4:47 am • # 3 
Editorialist

“I'm not familiar with the neoconservative movement,â€

PostPosted: 10/17/11 4:49 am • # 4 
Editorialist

speaking for myself, foreign policy is pretty much all i care about in terms of presidents. i can respond to WHY that is true, if anyone is interested.

PostPosted: 10/17/11 5:08 am • # 5 
Editorialist

I'll bite.

PostPosted: 10/17/11 5:32 am • # 6 
Editorialist

grampatom wrote:
I'll bite.

ok.  i look at it from the perspective of "the job".  what does the president do?  well, he provides guidance for legislative action- ie "sets priorities".  we have seen how limited that authority can be of recent, but historically, that has been true as well.  legislative priorities tend to be driven more by popular concerns or business concerns than presidential priorities.

an area that the president has an immense amount of authority over, however, is foreign policy.  the buck really stops there.  presidents can wage unilateral war (not legally, but they do it all the time), can shape international relations via UN and NATO appointments, and serves as the US chief diplomat.  now, given that there has been basically an unending stream of continuity in our foreign policy approach for decades, you would think that just the opposite is true.

the reason i care so much about foreign policy in a president is that i hope we get a real maverick in there someday to stop the madness.

PostPosted: 10/17/11 5:42 am • # 7 
Administrator

the reason i care so much about foreign policy in a president is that i hope we get a real maverick in there someday to stop the madness.

Fat chance. S/he'd probably be assassinated anyway.

PostPosted: 10/17/11 6:28 am • # 8 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:

Fat chance. S/he'd probably be assassinated anyway.

precisely why Obama has not been assassinated, imho.  he is really not a threat to the status quo.

PostPosted: 10/17/11 6:34 am • # 9 
Administrator

precisely why Obama has not been assassinated, imho. he is really not a threat to the status quo.

Never thought he would be a threat. He's very "establishment".
I'm convinced that the hostility towards him has more to do with his race than anything else.

PostPosted: 10/17/11 11:08 am • # 10 
Administrator

No words ~ just ... Image ~ Sooz

Herman Cain Claimed That A ‘Liberal Court' Killed Jesus

Daily Kos's bernardpliers recalls a Herman Cain column from December 2010 where the GOP presidential primary candidate appears to complain that Jesus was killed by liberals.

In a column and blog post titled “The Perfect Conservative,â€

PostPosted: 10/17/11 11:18 am • # 11 
Liberals are Jesus killers... wow... that's a new one. I don't think the word "liberal" even existed back then.

PostPosted: 10/17/11 11:42 am • # 12 
Administrator

Imperial Rome was about as far right as it can get.
What an ignoramus... and he's leading in the rightie polls?

PostPosted: 10/17/11 11:54 am • # 13 
Who'da thunk it! ROME is too left for today's Republicans! WOW!

PostPosted: 10/18/11 2:56 am • # 14 
Administrator

Is Herman Cain channeling Sarah Palin? ~ Image ~ Sooz

Cain Explains The Cash Spent On Books: I'm Trying To Tell My Life Story

About an hour after TPM went up with our scoop about the tens of thousands in campaign cash being transferred over to THE New Voice, Inc. — a company Cain runs to promote his writings — Bloomberg went up with its own version of the story.

Cain told Bloomberg the money was spent on buying copies of Cain's writing to distribute on the campaign trail.

“They are buying my books and my pamphlets,â€

PostPosted: 10/18/11 3:36 am • # 15 
Administrator

Another corrupt rightie.
Not the exception, but the standard.

PostPosted: 10/18/11 4:39 am • # 16 
Editorialist

An example of contempt for the rule of law.

PostPosted: 10/18/11 4:54 am • # 17 
Administrator

'Humor' shouldn't be so difficult for Herman Cain ... given that he himself is a [bad] joke ~ Image ~ Sooz

October 18, 2011 9:30 AM
Humor is hard, redux
By Steve Benen

It'd be a shame if politicians became so afraid of spontaneity that they never joked around, avoided light-hearted moments, and never strayed from their scripts. That said, politicians also need to realize that being funny can be tricky and that it's sometimes hard to find humor in some serious subjects.

Late last week, for example, Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain said his response to the “crisis of illegal immigrationâ€

PostPosted: 10/20/11 2:11 am • # 18 
Administrator

I'm updating

PostPosted: 10/20/11 3:32 am • # 19 
Editorialist

In Tuesday's debate in Vegas, Cain was forced to admit that his 9% national sales tax would be on top of state sales taxes. He did, however, qualify that by stating that state taxes are apples and a national sales tax is oranges and can't be compared. ImageImage 

Well, hell! That makes it all better. I didn't know that he only wants oranges on top of the apples.Image

As Jon Stewart said, Bachman escaped her straight jacket long enough to attend the debate. Image

Perry, the "N****rhead" camp owner called Cain "brother". Too f'n funny!

Romney fired his landscape company when the found out they hired illegals saying, "It's not right, I"m running for President, for pete's sake!"
Otherwise..................?  lol

PostPosted: 10/20/11 4:38 am • # 20 
Administrator

Voluntary ignorance combined with steely bigotry is ... an automatic disqualifier for any public office to me ~ Sooz

Herman Cain Doubles Down That Being Gay Is A Choice, ‘Washes Off'

Republican presidential frontrunner Herman Cain has repeatedly said he believes being gay is a choice, suggesting he's seen no science that says otherwise. In an interview with CNN's Piers Morgan that aired last night, he reiterated this faulty belief, and when Morgan pushed him that race and sexual orientation were comparable, Cain explained that race is different because it “doesn't wash offâ€

PostPosted: 10/20/11 11:43 am • # 21 
Cain is one 'ignorant' blankety blank. 

What sealed the deal for me was when he was asked if he would have a Muslim on his cabinet and he said no. That right there tells me the guy is a bigot. And if you have that much contempt for one group, you usually have it for others. 

PostPosted: 10/27/11 1:39 am • # 22 
Administrator

WOW ~ just WOW ~ Image ~ Sooz

Herman Cain Campaign Policy For Staff: ‘Do Not Speak To Him Unless You Are Spoken To'

Former pizza executive and fast food lobbyist Herman Cain has touted his “outsiderâ€

PostPosted: 10/31/11 3:18 am • # 23 
Administrator

Any pay-off strongly suggests wanting something improper to go away ~ this might well be 'the other shoe dropping' for Herman Cain ~ Sooz

October 31, 2011 8:00 AM
Cain faces allegations of ‘inappropriate behavior'
By Steve Benen

Citing multiple sources, Politico reported overnight that Herman Cain, during his tenure as head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s, was accused by “at least two female employeesâ€

PostPosted: 10/31/11 3:31 am • # 24 
Administrator

It didn't prevent a SCOTUS appointment.

PostPosted: 10/31/11 3:40 am • # 25 
Administrator

Very good point, oskar ~ Image ~ I still and will always believe Anita Hill ~ but for me, the pay-off is the 'smoking gun' here ~

Sooz

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next   Page 1 of 6   [ 128 posts ] New Topic Add Reply