PostPosted: 11/03/11 3:20 pm • # 1 
Administrator

I'd LOVE to see national polling on this question ~ Sooz

November 03, 2011 8:30 AM
Polling the ‘sabotage' question
By Steve Benen

To one degree or another, the “sabotageâ€

PostPosted: 11/03/11 3:48 pm • # 2 
are Republicans trying to hurt the nation's economy on purpose, simply to undermine the Obama presidency?

Tough question.

PostPosted: 11/04/11 4:12 am • # 3 
Editorialist

The wonder of that poll is that there are so many people who don't think the Republicans are deliberately holding back the economy. 

PostPosted: 11/04/11 8:16 am • # 4 
They're Republicans and we all know republicans are perfect and holy in every way.

PostPosted: 11/07/11 4:33 am • # 5 
Administrator

This is the brick that must keep hitting the public upside the head ~ it's been obvious for months [actually since Inauguration Day 2009] that the GOP/TP's first priority is making Obama a one-term prez ~ and the dolt McConnell confessed/bragged exactly that several times publicly ~ Sooz  

November 07, 2011 10:05 AM
The growing acceptance of the ‘sabotage' question
By Steve Benen

The New York Times editorial board had a piece today on the importance of unemployment benefits, and made an observation in passing that stood out for me.

“Tragically,â€

PostPosted: 11/07/11 12:38 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

It's easy to imagine the sabotage question undermining Republican support in 2012, but it's clearly not automatic. The more Democrats push the question into the public bloodstream, and get voters thinking about the impact of GOP tactics, the better it will be for Dems' electoral efforts

It could also work in reverse.  Since the Reptilicans are holding up the recovery in order to get rid of Obama, the voters may decide to get rid of Obama to get rid of the stumbling block.  They may not like the GOP tactics, but see no point in re-electing him if it is just going to mean a continuation of the same thing.  (and yes I know it won't be Obama next time but it will be some other Democrat - maybe The Donald will have changed his stripes again by then.)

PostPosted: 11/07/11 1:02 pm • # 7 
That would be like shooting off your left foot because you already shot off your right foot.

PostPosted: 11/07/11 6:58 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

Sidartha wrote:
That would be like shooting off your left foot because you already shot off your right foot.
To you and I that may be true, but there seems to be a whole lot of voters in the States, both Republican and Democrat, who really buy into the Republican line of "less is more" bull dust. 

PostPosted: 11/08/11 2:10 am • # 9 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
It's easy to imagine the sabotage question undermining Republican support in 2012, but it's clearly not automatic. The more Democrats push the question into the public bloodstream, and get voters thinking about the impact of GOP tactics, the better it will be for Dems' electoral efforts

It could also work in reverse.  Since the Reptilicans are holding up the recovery in order to get rid of Obama, the voters may decide to get rid of Obama to get rid of the stumbling block.  They may not like the GOP tactics, but see no point in re-electing him if it is just going to mean a continuation of the same thing.  (and yes I know it won't be Obama next time but it will be some other Democrat - maybe The Donald will have changed his stripes again by then.)
unfortunately, i have already heard one person say this exact thing, and he is a self described independent.

i would rather that the Democrats swept both houses AND the presidency at this point, but that is pretty clearly not going to happen.

PostPosted: 11/08/11 2:21 am • # 10 
Editorialist

these numbers are the best i have seen for democrats since 2009:

http://www.realclearpolit...ressional_vote-2170.html

PostPosted: 11/08/11 6:11 am • # 11 
Sidartha wrote:
But as you yourself have said Sid, people will haul the very water that is used to drown them....

PostPosted: 11/08/11 6:36 am • # 12 
True... I did say that, didn't I?

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ] New Topic Add Reply