It is currently 06/18/24 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: 11/13/11 11:15 am • # 1 
Administrator

I love this ~ and I see it as a direct result of the 99% movement ~ just imagine what could/might happen if more municipalities flexed their financial muscles and required ethical behavior from the big banks ~ terrific job, Santa Cruz County! ~ Sooz 

Calif. county rebukes JP Morgan, Bank of America over fraud settlements
By Stephen C. Webster
Friday, November 11, 2011

Officials in Santa Cruz county, California, have cut all ties with Bank of America and JP Morgan Chase after an examination of both organizations' histories of cash settlements over fraud allegations.

Santa Cruz Treasurer-Tax Collector Fred Keeley said Thursday evening that the banks, which were handling some of the county's bond investments, had engaged in unacceptable practices that should alarm any official charged with handling public dollars.

“There seems to be no limit to the greed of some of our nation's largest banks,â€

PostPosted: 11/13/11 12:50 pm • # 2 
I'm tempted to include the attorneys general offices as being complicit in these bank fraud cases.

The bank commits the fraud, the prosecuting attorneys work out a "deal" (so the government gets their cut) and the banks walk away with the difference and go back to business as usual as all the little guys get screwed over again and again.

PostPosted: 11/14/11 12:06 am • # 3 
Administrator

Hopefully, others will follow suit.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply