It is currently 05/18/24 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 11/17/11 2:53 am • # 1 

An answer to those "conservatives" who pride themselves on being "self made" and look down on those who aren't....I liked this blog, which of course is why I am posting itImage (emphasis mine)

To the So-Called 53%: Stop Embarrassing Yourselves
Posted by Kevin Carson on Nov 15, 2011 in Commentary • Comments (32)   

One of the corporate establishment's favorite tricks for countering dissent is fake populism — dismissing as “class warfareâ€

PostPosted: 11/17/11 3:04 am • # 2 
Administrator

It's like watching a dog that keeps crawling back on its belly to lick the boot of the man who's kicking it.

BAM!

PostPosted: 11/17/11 4:12 am • # 3 
They won't listen... they're too busy hauling the water for those who would drown them. They're too busy frothing at the mouth and hating Obama and Pelosi and Franken and anyone else who stands up to the banksters and corporatistés. They'll be the first to call the writer a commie as they show up at rallies with assault rifles. You know what? I'm beginning to think that our society is so sick it's better to let it die than try to pump the lifeblood of intelligence and compassion into it. I'm fed up.

PostPosted: 11/17/11 4:36 am • # 4 
Administrator

A good read ~ another very powerful contradiction to the misguided "self-made" egotism is Elizabeth Warren's comments in our "Nobody in This Country Got Rich on His Own" thread ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/17/11 10:53 am • # 5 
Editorialist

this is like a bucket of ice water on the Tea Partiers. i am not even going to ask permssion to borrow this. i am just going to do it.

PostPosted: 11/18/11 6:47 am • # 6 
Go for it!  All of Carson's writings so far are non-copyright in that he loves to share his writing and only asks to be credited for it...but feels extremely flattered when people choose to quote him...even his books state that one is free to quote and copy, just mention his name!  A very nice down to earth person, some of his writing I have read is beyond my abilities (he writes a lot of economic/political theory stuff) but he's starting to come down to earth a bit more, which I think is a good thing!Image

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply