It is currently 05/24/24 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/01/11 12:24 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

I wonder how much this is going to cost the state? Will they have continuous classes while parts of the law are defended/defeated in court? Crap. I swear, I am going to get some dark spray on tanning stuff, a sombrero and a poncho for our next drive down. I wonder if I can be arrested for impersonating an immigrant?Image Hey! Maybe they will detain me and then I can sue! Idiots.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — After confusion and misgivings from some police about how to enforce Alabama's new immigration crackdown, the state is requiring special training in the law for more than 16,000 law officers — every sworn officer in the state.

Alabama's head of police training, Alan Benefield, says more than 1,000 already have been instructed on the law, and thousands more will go through classes this month.

Benefield says a state commission took the unusual step of requiring four hours of training on the law for every sworn officer in the state because of its complexity and the continuing confusion over how it works.

Some officials have said the law's complicated provisions were hard to understand, and court rulings that blocked some sections while letting others take effect made life tougher for officers.

Read more: Anniston Star - Alabama trains 16K cops on immigrant law

PostPosted: 12/01/11 1:24 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

Must be pretty smart cops if they can learn all about it in four hours.  In the training programs I run, I find fours hours is just about enough to make people stupid.  It takes a lot longer than that before they get smart again.

PostPosted: 12/01/11 2:00 pm • # 3 
Administrator

They training them to pick watermelons n' stuff?
At least that would be useful.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply