It is currently 05/20/24 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/02/11 3:46 pm • # 1 
Administrator

Is this the best of the Repubs?
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

By Marie Diamond on Dec 2, 2011 at 1:45 pm

As GOP contender Newt Gingrich rides an unexpected surge in the polls, he's drawing a lot of criticism for his comments deriding poor children for not working and suggesting they should take up janitorial positions at their own schools.

Attacking poor Americans who need government aid is a favorite pastime for Gingrich — in nearly every speech he attacks President Obama for being a “food stamp president.â€

PostPosted: 12/02/11 4:07 pm • # 2 
What's frightening are the people who applaud when he says stuff like this.

PostPosted: 12/02/11 4:37 pm • # 3 
Administrator

The average monthly SNAP benefit is less than $134 per person — not nearly enough to cover the cost of an airline ticket to Hawaii. So the suggestion that families that are struggling to feed themselves blow their food budget on a lavish tropical vacation is absurd on its face

The cheapest round trip ticket from Tampa is $747.00.
All you have to do is shop smart with your food stamps. After two years of peanut butter sandwiches you'll be dancing the hula on Honolulu Beach and feast on peanut butter sandwiches while hard workers back in Georgia have to give history speeches for a lousy 60 grand a pop. It's not fair!

PostPosted: 12/02/11 6:12 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

jabra2 wrote:
The average monthly SNAP benefit is less than $134 per person — not nearly enough to cover the cost of an airline ticket to Hawaii. So the suggestion that families that are struggling to feed themselves blow their food budget on a lavish tropical vacation is absurd on its face

All you have to do is shop smart with your food stamps. After two years of peanut butter sandwiches you'll be dancing the hula on Honolulu Beach and feast on peanut butter sandwiches while hard workers back in Georgia have to give history speeches for a lousy 60 grand a pop. It's not fair!
IF you could find a buyer for them.  if not, you couldn't buy a ticket to Houston, let alone Hawaii.

PostPosted: 12/02/11 7:07 pm • # 5 
I have despised newt for a long time...looooong time...but this latest puts him right up down  there with the Kochs in my esteem...Image

PostPosted: 12/02/11 7:12 pm • # 6 
There is a State Representative from Missouri who was on Lawrence O'Donnel program the other night and he said he is really going to go to the proper authorities who will question Newt on this statement and make him name the people he knows bought airline tickets with food stamps.  This Representative (sorry I can't remember his name) was livid about the remarks Newt made and he said Newt will be called on the carpet for this and will have to name names or admit he lied.

PostPosted: 12/02/11 7:15 pm • # 7 
About time these politicks be held accountable for their lies....

PostPosted: 12/03/11 3:29 am • # 8 
Administrator

macroscopic wrote:
jabra2 wrote:

IF you could find a buyer for them.  if not, you couldn't buy a ticket to Houston, let alone Hawaii.
This is Amurka!
For 50 real cents on the food stamp Dollar you'll find always someone interested in a loaded shopping cart minus your one-month supply of peanut butter sandwich items.

Aloha!
Your Newt

PostPosted: 12/03/11 4:31 am • # 9 
Editorialist

I remember when food stamp buying was a lucrative business for some. These people would know and/or recruit a large group of other people who knew how to fraudulently collect food stamps, but didn't need them. They would sell them as low as .20 cents on the dollar, then  the "business" would re-sell them for .50 cents on the dollar or trade them at a local "mom and pop" grocery store for cash up to .90 cents on the dollar . If a person had enough people in on this scam, they could make very good money.

I thought that ended with the EBT cards. Not so. I did a little research and partly because of all the small (mostly ethnic) stores in large cities, it's easy. Buy the card with the PIN and you can use it without being asked for ID. The stores get the money back when they turn in the EBT. IOW, the same scam exists and it's difficult for the government to investigate or track this sort of abuse.

What I'm saying is that it is possible for someone to "use food stamps" to go to Hawaii, if they sell enough of them. Newt just left out a few steps. Image

PostPosted: 12/03/11 4:50 am • # 10 
Administrator

What I'm saying is that it is possible for someone to "use food stamps" to go to Hawaii, if they sell enough of them. Newt just left out a few steps.

Maybe he didn't want too many people horning in on his action.

PostPosted: 12/03/11 6:53 am • # 11 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
What I'm saying is that it is possible for someone to "use food stamps" to go to Hawaii, if they sell enough of them. Newt just left out a few steps.

Maybe he didn't want too many people horning in on his action.

lmao!

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply