It is currently 05/20/24 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 21 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/03/11 3:49 am • # 1 
Administrator

PERFECT! ~ another stellar idea from the "brain trust" at Newsmax ~ what could possibly go wrong? ~ Image

PostPosted: 12/03/11 4:00 am • # 2 
Administrator

Works for me.
A loser moderating a debate among a bunch of losers.

PostPosted: 12/03/11 4:28 am • # 3 
Administrator

referred to as a “carnival barker.â€

Last edited by jabra2 on 12/03/11 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12/03/11 4:42 am • # 4 
Editorialist

Jon Stewart will be in comedy heaven! Image  Can't wait for his commentary on this one.

PostPosted: 12/05/11 5:20 am • # 5 
Administrator

Ron Paul has also declined ~ but it's nice to see that Jon Huntsman has the gravitas to out Trump as the arrogant conniving liar he is ~ Sooz

Trump: Huntsman Has To Tell The Truth ‘Because He's A Mormon' (Updated)

Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman (R) was the first presidential candidate to decline an invitation to an upcoming debate moderated by real estate tycoon Donald Trump. “We look forward to watching Mitt [Romney] and Newt [Gingrich] suck up to The Donald with a big bowl of popcorn,â€

PostPosted: 12/05/11 5:34 am • # 6 
Well... watching MSNBC right now, it looks like the Trump just had his ass kissed by a Newt.

PostPosted: 12/05/11 6:36 am • # 7 
Editorialist

Huntsman and Paul have both declined and Cain's gone.  Gingrich, Santorum and Bachmann have said yes.  Perry will likely show-up but, if Romney's smart, he'll ignore his friendship with Trump, play the dignity card, and decline to appear.  The last thing he needs is to go head-to-head against Gingrich before a conservative audience in a debate with no other front runners to deflect attention.  He's a Republican John Kerry and doesn't have the personality for it.  He might be the one who made the most sense but he'd be overwhelmed by Gingrich's flare. 

PostPosted: 12/05/11 1:41 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

Hmmm, I wonder if Trump is going to treat the debate like an episode of The Apprentice?  Will we get to hear him tell some of the contenders "You're fired!"?

PostPosted: 12/09/11 5:16 am • # 9 
Administrator

Anyone think Trump will recognize this as the should-be humiliating public rejection that it really is? ~ anyone else surprised that Santorum is still pretending to be a viable candidate? ~ anyone want to guess how long it will take Gingrich to find "a disappointing but unchangeable conflict" in his schedule? ~ Sooz

Trump's GOP ‘Debate' Will Only Have Two Participants

Late on Thursday, Michele Bachmann confirmed that she would not participate in Donald Trump's proposed GOP debate. This followed fast on the footsteps of Rick Perry, who earlier in the day “respectfullyâ€

PostPosted: 12/09/11 5:28 am • # 10 
Editorialist

I'm wondering what kind of squirming The Donald's going to do to cancel the whole thing.  Of course it might still go on.  From what I read, Newt's quite capable of having a spirited debate with himself - as long as he's not distracted by a woman upon whom he can demonstrate his love for the country. 

PostPosted: 12/14/11 1:31 pm • # 11 
Administrator

HA!!! ~ Sooz

Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011 1:47 PM 18:25:38 CST
Donald Trump's debate is officially dead
But don't worry: He's already devised a ridiculous, face-saving excuse

By Steve Kornacki

Since last week, when Mitt Romney, Ron Paul, Jon Huntsman, Rick Perry and Michele Bachmann all made it clear that they had no interest in participating, it was obvious that the Donald Trump-moderated presidential debate scheduled for December 27 was headed for cancellation.

And it's all but official now, with Trump announcing this afternoon that he's backing out. All that's left is for Newsmax, the debate sponsor that recruited Trump under the mistaken impression that his star power would be a magnet for GOP candidates, and Ion, the low-rated cable channel on which it was to be broadcast, to formally pull the plug.

When all of the candidates except Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum snubbed him, the only real suspense was over what face-saving spin The Donald would devise. Obviously, he couldn't admit what had really happened: that the majority of GOP candidates calculated that Trump's mere presence would turn the debate into a stature-diminishing farce. Nor could he concede that their refusal to participate signified how little actual clout he has in politics. Instead, he settled on this:

PostPosted: 12/14/11 1:46 pm • # 12 
What a couple; Rush and The Donald!!!!!

I'd be surprised if there were any other golfers on the course wit the ego twins taking up all the air for hundreds of square miles.

PostPosted: 12/14/11 2:22 pm • # 13 
Administrator

What a couple; Rush and The Donald!!!!!

They could get a room.
Their partners can drink wine and um... do whatever it is that decorative ornaments do.

PostPosted: 12/14/11 2:41 pm • # 14 
Let Trump put his money where his mouth is and run as an independent.

PostPosted: 12/14/11 2:43 pm • # 15 
Editorialist

Sidartha wrote:
Let Trump put his money where his mouth is and run as an independent.

I don't think Trump ever uses his own money.

PostPosted: 12/14/11 2:50 pm • # 16 
Oh... that's right! He's an OPM addict.

PostPosted: 12/15/11 12:51 am • # 17 
Editorialist

i read somewhere that Trump is no longer moderating this debate. true?

PostPosted: 12/15/11 2:05 am • # 18 
Administrator

macroscopic wrote:
i read somewhere that Trump is no longer moderating this debate. true?
Debate cancelled due to a lack of willing participants.

PostPosted: 12/15/11 3:33 am • # 19 
I heard Trump say that he and Newt may have a televised "chat".    Boy, that's something I sure wouldn't want to miss.  Image

PostPosted: 12/15/11 3:39 am • # 20 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
I'm wondering what kind of squirming The Donald's going to do to cancel the whole thing.  Of course it might still go on.  From what I read, Newt's quite capable of having a spirited debate with himself - as long as he's not distracted by a woman upon whom he can demonstrate his love for the country. 
LMAO!

PostPosted: 12/15/11 3:40 am • # 21 
Administrator

Dee wrote:
I heard Trump say that he and Newt may have a televised "chat".    Boy, that's something I sure wouldn't want to miss.  Image
Bribee and briber... could be fun.

Page 1 of 1   [ 21 posts ] New Topic Add Reply