All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/03/11 4:10 am • # 1 
Administrator

Here is this week's installlment ~ Sooz

December 03, 2011 8:40 AM
This Week in God
By Steve Benen

First up from the God Machine this week is a look at evangelical Republicans and their willingness to tolerate — and possibly even embrace — Newt Gingrich's presidential campaign.

Of all the GOP presidential candidates, Gingrich would appear to be the one least likely to garner evangelical support. He is, after all, a thrice-married adulterer. There were all kinds of fair jokes this week about Christian conservatives bailing on Herman Cain over his alleged infidelity, only to move to Gingrich, who cheated on at least two of his wives.

But among evangelical Republicans, adultery is a bit like college football — it matters whether you lose, but it matters even more when you lose. Dave Weigel had a good report on evangelicals' evaluations the other day.

[quote]

They were accidentally disagreeing with Bob Vander Plaats, chief executive of the FAMiLY Leader. “There's been a sincere life change for Newt Gingrich,â€

PostPosted: 12/03/11 6:33 am • # 2 
Editorialist

So, Fox figures they've won the war on Christmas.  That's a good thing.  I'd hate for them to have lost a war the other side never even showed up for.

But wait - what exactly did they win?  Here's the quote from Walgreen's the latest converty to "Merry Christmas":

[i][b]During the month of December, there will be greater use of ‘Christmas' in our store and online,â€

PostPosted: 12/03/11 7:42 am • # 3 
Ah, but look at it this way--it opens up a whole lot of marketing for other religions' holidays....equal time and all that...more sales...

PostPosted: 12/03/11 7:52 am • # 4 
Administrator

Well, yeah.
I mean who could pass up Ramadan Rock Candy, Krishna Krispy Kremers and Yom Kippur Yummykins.

PostPosted: 12/03/11 7:56 am • # 5 
Administrator

Shyte, I forgot Jesus Juicers, Atheist Aspirin, Pagan Prosthetics and Satanic Suppositories.
Gotta be inclusive, dontcha know.

PostPosted: 12/03/11 8:21 am • # 6 
It figures the suppositories would be the hot stuff. Oh what hell that burning ring of fire.

PostPosted: 12/03/11 2:13 pm • # 7 
Well, yeah.
I mean who could pass up Ramadan Rock Candy, Krishna Krispy Kremers and Yom Kippur Yummykins. (Oskar)

Shyte, I forgot Jesus Juicers, Atheist Aspirin, Pagan Prosthetics and Satanic Suppositories.
Gotta be inclusive, dontcha know. (Oskar again)

It figures the suppositories would be the hot stuff. Oh what hell that burning ring of fire. (Sid)

ImageWhen I quit laughing ImageI will try and think of something Christian to say....something along the lines of  "Bad company corrupts good morals!" or something like that...oh geez...my goose is cooked, i'm toast!

PostPosted: 12/03/11 2:24 pm • # 8 
Administrator

Sidartha wrote:
It figures the suppositories would be the hot stuff. Oh what hell that burning ring of fire.
Oh, you need Heavenly Hemorhoid Ungent.

PostPosted: 12/03/11 2:51 pm • # 9 
oskar576 wrote:
Sidartha wrote:
Oh, you need Heavenly Hemorhoid Ungent.
Ah yes... that cooling cloud....

PostPosted: 12/03/11 3:08 pm • # 10 
Cannalee2 wrote:
Well, yeah.
I mean who could pass up Ramadan Rock Candy, Krishna Krispy Kremers and Yom Kippur Yummykins. (Oskar)

Gotta be inclusive, dontcha know. (Oskar again)

It figures the suppositories would be the hot stuff. Oh what hell that burning ring of fire. (Sid)

ImageWhen I quit laughing ImageI will try and think of something Christian to say....something along the lines of  "Bad company corrupts good morals!" or something like that...oh geez...my goose is cooked, i'm toast!
You caught that one, did you?

PostPosted: 12/04/11 12:06 pm • # 11 
Editorialist

* A Baptist church in Kentucky this week decided it would not accept interracial couples as members. It's the 21st century. Just thought I'd mention that.

Good news on that front. I wonder if the publicity changed his mind, lol. A vote of 9-6 out of 40 attending? Strange.

Pastor to toss out church's ban on interracial couples

The pastor at a Kentucky church says he will nullify a vote taken by members of his congregation that bans interracial couples.

Stacy Stepp, who is pastor of the Gulnare Free Will Baptist Church in Pike County, told the Lexington Herald-Leader on Saturdaythat he plans to declare the vote approving the policy null and void.

The move comes after Stepp, who says he opposed the policy, asked for advice from the Sandy Valley Conference of Free Will Baptists.

The conference met Saturday and issued a statement saying it had determined there weren't enough members voting in favor of the proposal, which would require a change in church bylaws. The vote last week at the church, which has about 40 people who attend, was 9-6.

LINK

PostPosted: 12/04/11 12:11 pm • # 12 
Administrator

Gulnare Free Will Baptist Church

They need a name change. They're lieing. There's nothing free will about them.

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ] New Topic Add Reply