It is currently 05/20/24 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Discrimination?
PostPosted: 12/05/11 10:20 am • # 1 
Editorialist

If I was an immigrant to this place, I would be insulted and angry. How DARE they tell them what to cook and how to cook it? What about those immigrants who have lived in Canada for years or decades and cook their ethnic dishes? What about Maritimers who move to this place and cook fish?  Just which immigrants are they talking about? Does curry ring a bell? Image Besides, after living/working in apartment buildings and condos with common hallways, I actually love to smell the cooking odors from different places. The only reason it aggrivates me is because it always makes my hungry.

Immigrant guide forbids bribing, limits smelly foods

A Gatineau, Que., guide of values for new immigrants includes rules against bribing officials and honour killings, and advice on limiting the cooking of smelly foods.

The City of Gatineau, which released its "statement of values" in French only on Nov. 28, said it hopes the 16-point guide helps newcomers integrate into local society and learn how to interact in a new environment.

One of the values is “Children are our most precious good,â€

PostPosted: 12/05/11 10:37 am • # 2 
Administrator

You might want to have a whiff of some of the more "odorous" types of kimchi first, roseanne. [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif[/img]

PostPosted: 12/05/11 11:44 am • # 3 
Editorialist

You know what?  If I was an immigrant to a strange land I might appreciate something like that guide.  I wonder if it says "eat poutine three times a day" anywhere in it.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply