It is currently 05/04/24 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/06/11 4:37 am • # 1 
Administrator

LMAO! ~ poetic justice is a thing of beauty ~ I guess Newt "conveniently" forgot about what is public record ~ Image ~ many people, obviously including Newt, underestimate how good a politician Nancy Pelosi really is ~ Sooz

Pelosi To Gingrich: I'm Talking About Public Records

Newt Gingrich reacted to Nancy Pelosi's reminder to America that he was slapped with a $300,000 ethics violation by the House in the 1990s about as you'd expect: he accused Pelosi of violating ethics rules herself, and threatened to bring her up on charges.

Pelosi responded to that by sending TPM a link to the publicly-available cache of files on the Gingrich ethics case and informing Gingrich that she doesn't need to breach the confidentiality of the ethics committee chamber to embarrass him.

“Leader Pelosi was clearly referring to the extensive amount of information that is in the public record, including the comprehensive committee report with which the public may not be fully aware,â€

PostPosted: 12/06/11 5:03 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Good move, Newt!  Remind everyone you have a bunch of stuff stashed in the backroom that you're terrified will come out. 

PostPosted: 12/06/11 5:04 am • # 3 
Editorialist

Gingrich is making a HUGE mistake if he thinks he can turn this against the president. this is clearly Pelosi's attack, and she is clearly within her rights to make it.

i have never cared much for Pelosi. she has always been too conservative for me, and not nearly as enterprising as i would like, but if she can get stuck firmly in Gingrich's craw, it would raise my estimation of her considerably.

PostPosted: 12/06/11 5:12 am • # 4 

I've always liked her as much as I like any politician.

If any politician has been affected by sexism, it's her.   The Queen Nancy bullshit.  The complaints of too strident, too reserved, too whatever. 

She broke ground as a lawmaker and I can't help but admire that.  Imperfect, but who isn't?

PostPosted: 12/06/11 5:22 am • # 5 
Editorialist

kathyk1024 wrote:

I've always liked her as much as I like any politician.

If any politician has been affected by sexism, it's her.   The Queen Nancy bullshit.  The complaints of too strident, too reserved, too whatever. 

She broke ground as a lawmaker and I can't help but admire that.  Imperfect, but who isn't?

i have nothing against her achievements for women.  what i DO hold against her is her failure to impeach Bush.

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply