It is currently 05/04/24 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/06/11 5:09 pm • # 1 
Fox accuses 'The Muppets' of brainwashing kids against the rich
By Sharon Waxman
TheWrap[/i]

If I didn't know better I'd say that Disney slipped someone over at Fox Business Channel a bill to go on a rant against its hit movie, "The Muppets."

Naaaaah.

On Fox Business Channel anchor Eric Bolling showed a clip of the new Disney movie and suggested - well, no he said outright - that the story was aimed at planting the seeds of class warfare among our precious children.

That's because the Muppet villain is an oil baron called Tex Richman.

"What's actually going on there? Is liberal Hollywood using class warfare to brainwash our kids?" he asked, quite reasonably.

Well, of course it is.

Also from TheWrap: 'Muppets' Director: 'I Didn't Want to Ruin People's Childhoods'

"They've been doing it for decades," rejoined Fox guest, Dan Gainor. "Hollywood -  they hate the oil industry, they hate corporate America."

The rest of America must love the oil industry, and has a warm and fuzzy feeling for corporate America. That must be why that Occupy Wall Street thing hasn't gone anywhere.

We'll roll the tape. You decide.

By the way, Disney did not respond to requests for comment. 

PostPosted: 12/06/11 6:32 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

these people should grow up. one of the few things the poor have is enough gumption to poke fun at the rich. can they be spared that simple luxury, or must the rich beat that out of them, as well?

PostPosted: 12/07/11 2:57 am • # 3 
macroscopic wrote:
these people should grow up. one of the few things the poor have is enough gumption to poke fun at the rich. can they be spared that simple luxury, or must the rich beat that out of them, as well?
Oh... they'll beat that out of poor too - simply because they can. Witness the breaking up of the OWS protests. The rich can afford to pay for their "police".

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply