It is currently 05/20/24 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 20 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/09/11 7:25 am • # 1 
He sure did and as usual, I do believe what he says most of the time... What are your thoughts?  The link as follows...

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgIcqb9hHQ3E&h=HAQElxsuuAQHAYuOSlArpb1Y-BLmwfCfIzJhEdySZBuYn4Q

Last edited by WWIIwarrior on 12/09/11 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12/09/11 7:30 am • # 2 
It's about time someone says it like it is.

They're all crooks and we're all getting burned.

PostPosted: 12/09/11 7:42 am • # 3 
Administrator

A "bought Congress", that is, a corrupt Congress.
I've ranting about this for at least a decade.
The basic problem is that they want to stay corrupt.

PostPosted: 12/09/11 7:57 am • # 4 
I can't wait 'til gopqed comes on here to tell us that buying Congress is a First Amendment Right.

All of us who want Government by the people are screwed.   Government by big business and corporate interests.

Ratigan is channeling George Carlin.   Slightly different words; same message.

PostPosted: 12/09/11 7:57 am • # 5 

Sidartha
I agree and we have had crooks in the House and Senate for many moons now and we can not make any change until election time... With the remaining crooks that we have and this Country, I can't see how were going to get better...

PostPosted: 12/09/11 8:00 am • # 6 
WWIIwarrior wrote:

Sidartha
I agree and we have had crooks in the House and Senate for many moons now and we can not make any change until election time... With the remaining crooks that we have and this Country, I can't see how were going to get better...

Election time will not make any difference.   They cannot get elected until they are bought and paid for.

The system is corrupt, not just the people in it.

PostPosted: 12/09/11 8:01 am • # 7 
Administrator

kathyk1024 wrote:
I can't wait 'til gopqed comes on here to tell us that buying Congress is a First Amendment Right.

All of us who want Government by the people are screwed.   Government by big business and corporate interests.

Ratigan is channeling George Carlin.   Slightly different words; same message.
He'll dither about with minutiae and rather than address the corruption.

PostPosted: 12/09/11 10:31 am • # 8 
Editorialist

yeah. i don't know if his figures are right, but he is certainly spot on with his assessment. corruption is the problem. and while we are shuffling the deckchairs, trying to balance the budget, we are getting screwed.

PostPosted: 12/09/11 11:04 am • # 9 
Administrator

macroscopic wrote:
yeah. i don't know if his figures are right, but he is certainly spot on with his assessment. corruption is the problem. and while we are shuffling the deckchairs, trying to balance the budget, we are getting screwed.
You'd think they'd at least provide decent mattresses instead of a cheap Wal-Mart deckchairs. [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif[/img]

PostPosted: 12/09/11 3:49 pm • # 10 
[b wrote:
kathyk1024[/b]]
[b wrote:
WWIIwarrior[/b]]

Sidartha

Election time will not make any difference.   They cannot get elected until they are bought and paid for.

The system is corrupt, not just the people in it.

Kathy
I sure do agree with you in regards to being corrupt... In other words, it looks to me like we can never get better, so this means that we only get worse... So, now what do we do?

PostPosted: 12/09/11 3:55 pm • # 11 
Adapt.

PostPosted: 12/10/11 4:22 am • # 12 
Sidartha wrote:
Adapt.
Sidartha
I thought that we were all adapting as the changes comes about...Image 

PostPosted: 12/10/11 4:40 am • # 13 
Administrator

Adapt means bend over.

PostPosted: 12/10/11 5:12 am • # 14 
Not at all oskar.

PostPosted: 12/10/11 5:14 am • # 15 
oskar576 wrote:
Adapt means bend over.
oskar
Yes, and that is exactly what is happening...Image

PostPosted: 12/10/11 5:22 am • # 16 
Administrator

The corruption has always been there.
It's simply that we know more about it today because of improved communications.

PostPosted: 12/10/11 7:13 am • # 17 
Editorialist

Maybe part of the solution, if he didn't mention it in the rant, is to put limits on how much each candidate can spend on an election campaign.  If it was a reasonable amount the guy wouldn't have to spoend so much time fund raising and, probably, the quality of the campaigning would go up.  The other other side is full disclosure of the names of the individuals and corporations backing these PACs, etc. 

PostPosted: 12/10/11 7:14 am • # 18 
[b wrote:
oskar576[/b]]The corruption has always been there.
It's simply that we know more about it today because of improved communications.
oskar
Your right about that, since with the communications exposing more of the problems and what we use to think as true, my not be true in your eyes again, since we have seen the light... Thanks to great communications...

PostPosted: 12/10/11 7:17 am • # 19 
Administrator

jimwilliam wrote:
Maybe part of the solution, if he didn't mention it in the rant, is to put limits on how much each candidate can spend on an election campaign.  If it was a reasonable amount the guy wouldn't have to spoend so much time fund raising and, probably, the quality of the campaigning would go up.  The other other side is full disclosure of the names of the individuals and corporations backing these PACs, etc. 
Why not both?

PostPosted: 12/10/11 7:19 am • # 20 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
jimwilliam wrote:
Why not both?

I meant both. 

Page 1 of 1   [ 20 posts ] New Topic Add Reply