It is currently 05/20/24 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/11/11 3:56 am • # 1 
Editorialist

http://www.politicususa.com/en/abc-iowa-republican-debate?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Politicus+USA+%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

5 Reasons To Be Glad You Didn't Watch The ABC Iowa Republican Debate
December 10, 2011
By Jason Easley

The Republican presidential candidates gathered for a debate in Iowa where they all admitted that they have no idea what it like to be financially struggling. This and four other reasons to be glad you didn't watch the ABC Iowa Republican debate.

1). The GOP Candidates Have No Idea How To Create Jobs – This debate got off to a blazing start by Diane Sawyer asking the candidates for a distinguishing idea for how to create jobs, a framework to create jobs and how many and how long it will take to create them. All of the Republican candidates suggested tax cuts and reducing the size of government. Romney claimed that he could create over 11 million jobs in his first term with tax cuts. You know the same way George W. Bush did. (The US lost 653,000 private sector jobs during Bush's two terms).

2). Newt Gingrich Plays The Teddy Kennedy Card On Mitt Romney - Do you want to know why Newt Gingrich is the new GOP frontrunner? Mitt Romney started with his I've spent my life in private sector spiel, and Gingrich responded by saying, “Let's be honest, the only reason you aren't a career politician is that you lost to Ted Kennedy in 1994.â€

PostPosted: 12/11/11 4:45 am • # 2 
Administrator

This is apparently the big "take-away" from last night's gazillionth GOP/TP debate ~ LOTS of media attention on this 30+ seconds ~ Sooz

Mitt Romney's $10,000 Bet Blows Up Twitter

Pundits and strategists on the left and right alike were united in their reaction to Mitt Romney's $10,000 mid-debate bet with Rick Perry: expect to see it many, many, many more times if Romney wins the nomination.

“If Mitt is the nominee, we'll see that ten-thousand dollar bet offer about ten thousand more times,â€

PostPosted: 12/11/11 5:03 am • # 3 
Administrator

Watching these Republican "debates" is like watching the Gong Show.

PostPosted: 12/11/11 5:07 am • # 4 
Trouble is... the Gong Show is comedy. These guys are serious.

PostPosted: 12/11/11 5:09 am • # 5 
Administrator

You're kidding.
They're serious?

PostPosted: 12/11/11 5:14 am • # 6 
They like to think they are... seriously.

PostPosted: 12/11/11 6:04 am • # 7 
Editorialist

Sidartha wrote:
One of them will be the Gop nominee and may very well be the next President of the United States.  Still laughing?????

PostPosted: 12/11/11 6:10 am • # 8 
Administrator

Yep.

PostPosted: 12/11/11 7:05 am • # 9 
jimwilliam wrote:
Sidartha wrote:
One of them will be the Gop nominee and may very well be the next President of the United States.  Still laughing?????
Who said I'm laughing? Personally I think it an affront to the public at large to be so callous as to think that the republican base will vote for just about any idiot with an (R) after their name.

PostPosted: 12/11/11 7:30 am • # 10 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
Sidartha wrote:

if the alternative is panic or crying, sure....why not?

PostPosted: 12/11/11 8:37 am • # 11 
Can anyone really visualize what 4 years with one of these yahoo's in office would be like?  I can't see any of them being elected but if by chance one of them is... I hope I live another 4 years to see the outcome. 

PostPosted: 12/11/11 12:28 pm • # 12 
Editorialist

If one of those bozos gets elected, I hope I hit the Lotto so I can leave the country.  Move over, Sid.

PostPosted: 12/11/11 12:33 pm • # 13 
There's a vacant apartment next door.

Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ] New Topic Add Reply