It is currently 05/20/24 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/12/11 3:21 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

http://www.examiner.com/anonymous-in-national/anonymous-punishes-florida-family-association-for-promoting-bigotry-hatred

The Florida Family Association, a conservative Christian group, is being punished by the international Internet hacktivist collective known as Anonymous after pressuring Lowe's and 65 other companies into pulling advertisements from a television program about American Muslims.

On Monday, a hacktivist identified as [url=mailto:ih@zcAnNONz]ih@zcAnNONz[/url] and working under the flag of Anonymous and LulzSec issued a Pastebin release with email and IP addresses of Florida Family Association members receiving newsletters, as well as a sample of members credit card information offered as proof of the hack.

In addition, on Monday afternoon the Florida Family Association website  was not available for some time, presumably it was the victim of a DDoS (distributed denial of service) attack conducted by sympathetic Anonymous enthusiasts.

The following is an excerpt from that Anonymous Pastebin release :

PostPosted: 12/13/11 6:18 am • # 2 
Editorialist

I notice that, at the end of their dump, even Anonymous got stuck with advertising showing up.

PostPosted: 12/13/11 6:54 am • # 3 
Not sure at all that I am comfortable with anyone outing personal information and credit card numbers for any reason - If they want to mess with them, keep the IP info and all other info secret but set up a link by which the members of the group will receive emails redirected to their email addresses. I disagree the FFA and voiced my refusal to ever shop a Lowe's again unless they publically renounce bigotry and act accordingly moving forward. I hope thousands of other do the same.
But I am really uncomfortable with personal info being released like that.

PostPosted: 12/13/11 7:09 am • # 4 
According to this, no credit card info was released: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/13/group-leading-boycott-of-muslim-show-hacked-threatened-by-anonymous/

A little known Christian group that's been leading a boycott of a reality television show about American Muslims saw their website hacked and defaced last night by an unknown person claiming to be part of the hacker activist group “Anonymous.â€

PostPosted: 12/13/11 2:31 pm • # 5 
Administrator

Here's more ~ Image ~ Sooz

Meet The Florida Family Association: A Faux Outrage Generation Factory

The Florida Family Association (FFA) has attracted national attention this week for convincing Lowe's and other companies to drop its advertising on the acclaimed new TLC reality show, All-American Muslim. Claiming a membership of 35,000 individuals, FFA's only paid staff member is its president, David Caton, and it is not affiliated with any national organizations.

FFA is an organization devoted to manufacturing faux outrage. Here is an extensive — though likely quite incomplete â€” list of the organization's attention-grabbing complaints over recent years:

[list] [*][b]Protests annual “Gay Daysâ€

PostPosted: 12/13/11 3:45 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

I'm honestly surprised they haven't complained about women touching cucumbers while shopping.

PostPosted: 12/14/11 5:02 am • # 7 
Administrator

Jon Stewart has raised the quality of 'ridicule' to an art form ~ ImageImageImage

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply