It is currently 04/28/24 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/16/11 9:18 am • # 1 
Administrator

My personal bigotry is laser-focused on our over-abundance of knee-jerk bigots! ~ Image ~ Sooz

Ohio Landlord Refuses To Apologize For Posting ‘White Only' Pool Sign Because It's ‘Historical'

In September the Ohio Civil Rights Commission ruled that a white landlord, Jamie Hein, had violated the state's Civil Rights Act by posting a sign by the pool of her duplex that read “Public Swimming Pool, White Only.â€

PostPosted: 12/16/11 9:36 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Figures it was from Alabama. Sigh. I remember those signs at my local public swimming pool.Image What a racist piece of trash!

Many pools ask (or require) that you shower before you get into the pool. All the things women use these days, from mousse to lotions, can cloud the water. Her remark about the "chemicals" the black girl used was just an excuse for her to continue her racist ways.

Using the "historical" defense is indefensible and just a way for her to dodge the complaint. Historical items like this belong in museums (i.e. the Civil Rights Museum) which can present them in the proper context with explanations about the content, not on a pool available to the tenants. LOL, I see she doesn't mind taking money from a black person in the form of rent. Image

PostPosted: 12/16/11 9:44 am • # 3 
Administrator

Hmmm... does that mean we can all go over to her place and dump milk in her pool?
It's white.

Edit: No chocolate milk, please. 

PostPosted: 12/16/11 11:56 am • # 4 
[i]“I'm not a bad person,â€

PostPosted: 12/17/11 3:25 am • # 5 
Editorialist

Is it just me or do people feel "safer" vocalizing their racism these days? Does it have anything to do with our current President and the underlying hatred of so many people, just because he's black? Image  See next post too.

'Racist' email for whites-only movie viewing riles

Rutgers students, staff

The English Department at Rutgers University says it responded swiftly and “with severity and directnessâ€

PostPosted: 12/17/11 3:29 am • # 6 
Editorialist

Chick-fil-A cashier fired for racist receipts mocking Asians

Chick-fil-A is apologizing for the “unthinking behaviorâ€

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply