It is currently 06/02/24 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/20/11 7:01 am • # 1 
Editorialist

I, personally, think this is a very tasteful photo, a way to honor and remember their baby.

http://www.dbtechno.com/us/2011/12/19/duggars-stillborn-photo-sparks-outrage/

PostPosted: 12/20/11 7:17 am • # 2 
Administrator

A spokesperson defended the Duggar family noting that the pictures were never meant to surface publicly

Yeah, right.
Then don't post it on the internet, bozo.

PostPosted: 12/20/11 8:35 am • # 3 
Editorialist

A spokesperson defended the Duggar family noting that the pictures were never meant to surface publicly[/i]

[/i]
Then why the caption along with it? Why post it on the family website? Why insist that you didn't intend them to be public? 

It's their choice to handle this as they wish, and I know pictures can be a great comfort. Too many who lose a child are rushed through the process and don't get to take the time to bond and say goodbye. They've put every other aspect of their lives on display, so this doesn't surprise me. 

PostPosted: 12/20/11 12:39 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

Whatever the reason the photo got out, it's an amazing and moving picture.

PostPosted: 12/20/11 5:57 pm • # 5 
I cannot see anything wrong with the photo. The parents may have had ulterior motives for posting it but it is still a very touching thing to see such a tiny tiny hand being held by its Mother . If I had been in that position I would treasure the photo of my tiny daughter no matter what others may think my reasons were for letting it go on view to the world.

PostPosted: 12/20/11 7:26 pm • # 6 

When our son was a full term stillborn in September 1980, I did not get to see nor hold him due to my having surgery immediately after delivery.  My husband saw him briefly before the body was taken to the airport to be transported from Texas to Missouri where we had him buried as we always knew this is where we would eventually retire.  About two months after the delivery we received a wonderful letter from my doctor which included two pictures of our son.  The doctor felt we would want to see what our son looked like.  Even though we knew he was not breathing when the pictures were taken, they looked like he was simply sleeping.  We keep these pictures in our family Bible and from time to time I get them out and look at them and it brings much peace to me seeing this tiny little one.   I won't judge the Duggars for what they did in regard to their baby for I know we all grieve in different ways and have to come to terms with our loss our own way.

PostPosted: 12/21/11 1:51 am • # 7 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
Whatever the reason the photo got out, it's an amazing and moving picture.

I agree jim.  I too was moved by the picture in a very profound way. That is why I felt compelled to post it.

Dee, I'm sorry for your loss.Image Your doctor is a wise man.

PostPosted: 12/21/11 3:23 pm • # 8 
Dee I'm also sorry to hear you lost a new born. It is some thing that is not easy to come to terms with. The Doctor was a real compassionate understanding man. I am pleased that you find peace looking at his photograph.
Merry Christmas

PostPosted: 12/22/11 4:25 pm • # 9 
Thank you for your kind words.  Image 

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ] New Topic Add Reply