All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
PostPosted: 12/23/11 9:54 am • # 1 
Administrator

Oh my oh my oh my ~ who woulda ever thought? ~ Image ~ Sooz

December 23, 2011 1:50 PM
Another GOP official commits election fraud
By Steve Benen

It hasn't been a good month for the GOP and election fraud. Two weeks ago, a Maryland jury convicted a Republican official who oversaw illegal voter-suppression tactics in the 2010 election. This week, a state judge found that Indiana's Secretary of State, Republican Charlie White, not only committed voter fraud in 2010, but wasn't even eligible to seek the office to which he was elected.

Quote:

Charlie White is ineligible to serve as Secretary of State and should be replaced by his election opponent, Democrat Vop Osili, a Marion County judge ruled today.

White is facing seven felony charges, including allegations of voter fraud. Osili was the second-highest vote-getter in the November 2010 election.

Kay at Balloon Juice added, “Besides the obvious embarrassment of the state official who is in charge of elections being indicted on charges of voter registration fraud, it's just perfect that this happened in Indiana, because Indiana paved the way for the voter suppression laws we're seeing all over the country…. Indiana has one of the most restrictive voter ID laws in the country, and that didn't stop their top elections official from registering and voting in the wrong place. That's because voter ID laws target the imaginary problem of voter impersonation fraud, while doing next to nothing to address the fraud that actually occurs.â€

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply