It is currently 04/20/24 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/25/11 8:54 am • # 1 
Administrator

I knew that pilots DO, but I didn't know baggage handlers DON'T, have to pass thru airport security ~ Image ~ Sooz

Wednesday, Dec 21, 2011 7:01 PM 13:27:32 CST
Hand over the fork, sir!
TSA confiscations reach new levels of absurdity -- and the Hysteria Hall of Shame goes international

By Patrick Smith

There are those moments when you look for the hidden camera.

A couple of weeks ago  I proposed my idea for the American Hysteria Hall of Shame, a ranking of our more laughable and self-defeating overreactions to perceived security threats over the past decade. Motto: “Malignantibus Parta! Timor vincit omnia!â€

PostPosted: 12/26/11 6:38 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Mexican security is strange at the best of times.  Daughter and I were returning from Cabos.  I'd carefully packed all our sun tan lotions, shampoos, etc. in the checked luggage.  When you go through the first level of Mexican security they make you open both your checked and carry-on for them to paw through.  The security guard made me take all the liquids out of the checked luggage and put it in my carry-on.  If figured that sure as God made little bunny rabbits, she was a trainee who hadn't got the concept yet.  One thing I wasn't going to do was argue with Mexican law enforcement no matter how far down the food chain they may be and especially not over a bottle of shampoo.  So I put them in our carry-on fully expecting to lose them when we went through the main security section.  Nope!  Went through slick as a whistle.

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply