It is currently 03/28/24 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/30/11 3:35 am • # 1 
Administrator

LMAO! ~ about time the Girl Scouts were "outed" with those other rabid far-lefties on Sesame Street and the Muppets ~ MediaMatters identifies itself as "progressive" but it serves as more of a fact-checker, doing the job our MSM seems to have abandoned ~ and yes, it spends considerable time and energy refuting much of what appears on the Fox entities [b]...

PostPosted: 12/30/11 3:42 am • # 2 
Administrator

15 years old?
That's about right for FOX.

PostPosted: 12/30/11 3:45 am • # 3 
Hmmm... in the banner at the bottom on the left we have the Fox "New" logo and the text reads "Media Misinformation"....

Holy shit! Fox is subliminally telling the truth!

PostPosted: 12/30/11 4:49 am • # 4 
Editorialist

why shouldn't they promote liberal women? they have done a lot more for women's rights than conservative women.

PostPosted: 12/30/11 5:31 am • # 5 

The loons are screaming about this, surprising!!!

Back when I was in the GSA, I made a pillow, cooked some brownies, made a ceramic daschund ash tray for my dad for Father's Day, sang some songs, toured the Butterkrust bakery, and played some games.

Most girls left the GSA when they went to junior high.

Now that there are 15 yo girl scouts, discussing birth control and fact checking are good topics of discussion.   Good, go girls!!!!

PostPosted: 12/30/11 6:47 am • # 6 
Editorialist

Sol instead of Media Matters, the Girl Scouts will refer them to Politifacts and Fox will really scream.  I keep noticing how vague her accusations against the Girl Scouts books, etc. were.  The cads probably stock things like the real Constitution instead of the Foxublican one, books about those lefty terrorist groups like the suffragettes and stories about how girls are equal to boys instead of subservient like the Bible says they should be.  I also noticed how they took offense at the no context clip from Girl Scouts where the woman mentions Planned Parenthood but said absolutely nothing about her mention in the same sentence about their associations with churches and the YWCA.

PostPosted: 12/30/11 9:40 am • # 7 
Editorialist

kathyk1024 wrote:

The loons are screaming about this, surprising!!!

Back when I was in the GSA, I made a pillow, cooked some brownies, made a ceramic daschund ash tray for my dad for Father's Day, sang some songs, toured the Butterkrust bakery, and played some games.

Most girls left the GSA when they went to junior high.

Now that there are 15 yo girl scouts, discussing birth control and fact checking are good topics of discussion.   Good, go girls!!!!

I went camping during my year in the Girl Scouts.  It was a cesspool of immorality and filth in my assigned tent - I learned tons of dirty jokes there.

PostPosted: 12/30/11 10:09 am • # 8 
Editorialist

I was a girl scout (until age 15) and have been a brownie leader. From what I remember the GS have always been liberal or more specifically, progressive. They were teaching girls to be independent long before the women's movement. The switched from the traditional "homemaking" type badges to more civic and career geared badges. Of course, the were always about God and Country in their oath, but bottom line is that they wanted girls to be independent. The cookie sale was the start of  benign business training. Girls were expected to not only sell the cookies door to door, but think of creative ways to sell them, like at local fairs, etc. They had to individually keep track of orders to turn into the chairman, deliver and collect payments. They could "earn" credits for things like summer scout camps via their sales.

Here is a little history:

Girl Scouting in the United States of America began on March 12, 1912 when Juliette "Daisy" Gordon Low organized the first Girl Scout troop meeting of 18 girls in Savannah, Georgia. It has since grown 3.7 million members.[4][/sup] Low, who had met Baden-Powell in London while she was living in the United Kingdom, dreamed of giving the United States and the world "something for all the girls." She envisioned an organization that would bring girls out of their sheltered home environments to serve their communities, experience the out-of-doors, and give them the opportunity to develop "self-reliance and resourcefulness." Unlike other organizations, from its inception, Girl Scouts has been organized and run exclusively by women, for girls and women.[21]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girl_Scouts_of_the_USA

[/sup]

PostPosted: 12/30/11 12:11 pm • # 9 
Administrator

Unlike other organizations, from its inception, Girl Scouts has been organized and run exclusively by women, for girls and women.

The wrinkly old white poops feel left out, do they?

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ] New Topic Add Reply