It is currently 05/17/24 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
PostPosted: 11/09/12 2:25 pm • # 1 
Administrator

Gotta be more to this story ~ no one resigns this job level "effective immediately" without a very significant reason ~ Sooz

Petraeus abruptly resigns as CIA director citing affair: report
By Stephen C. Webster
Friday, November 9, 2012 15:06 EST

NBC News said Friday afternoon that CIA Director David Petraeus resigned his post effective immediately in a letter given to President Barack Obama, citing an unspecified extramarital affair.

In the letter, Petraeus reportedly said he exercised “extremely poor judgment.”

No further information was available at press time, but this story will be updated as it develops.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/09/petraeus-abruptly-resigns-as-cia-director-citing-affair-report/

PostPosted: 11/09/12 2:53 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

citing an unspecified extramarital affair.

from hubby: "What? Was he f*&king the country?"

PostPosted: 11/09/12 3:22 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

The head of the CIA can't keep his affair a secret? how is he going to keep the country's secrets? Also, after the firings due to the fallout in Columbia last year, how could he not resign?

PostPosted: 11/09/12 3:33 pm • # 4 
The timing of this right after the election is suspicious. It's too coincidental.

I have a theory. My theory is that the affair is either a cover-up or an excuse, and that what actually happened is that the White House forced Petraeus to resign because he knew something embarrasing about Benghazi and was about to spill the beans.

However, the hole in this theory is that Petraeus could still spill the beans, even if he were forced to resign.

Still, I think there's more to this story than what is at the surface.

And I'm not one to normally buy into conspiracy theories. But something is too suspicious about all this.

PostPosted: 11/09/12 4:16 pm • # 5 
Somehow I think it has to do with Iran. They just fired on a US drone, claiming it was in their airspace. I wonder if it was a CIA drone on a mission the president did not approve.

One never knows when it comes to government spooks.

PostPosted: 11/09/12 5:27 pm • # 6 
Don't know if this is true:

http://gawker.com/5959347/and-the-repor ... socialflow

PostPosted: 11/10/12 9:37 am • # 7 

Here is something that suggests Obama may have asked Petraeus to wait until after the election to resign. Apparently Petraeus intended to resign quite a few months ago, but he didn't for some reason. In his resignation letter, Petraeus mentions that he has been married for "over 37 years." But actually, he has been married for over 38 years. Now had said he has been married for over 35 years, or nearly 40 years, there would be room to squiggle. But stating "37 years" is very precise.

Quote:
The New Republic

Petraeus’s resignation letter says, “After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair.” But Petraeus has actually been married for more than 38 years; the wedding was on July 6, 1974. In other words, if you read the resignation letter carefully, he’s telling you that this happened sometime between July 2011 and July 2012, not recently. Why didn’t he resign sooner? Or, on the flip side, why didn’t he try to hang on longer if he’d held on this long already?

(In fact, as many outlets have reported, Petraeus has been married for 38 years.)

PostPosted: 11/10/12 10:08 am • # 8 
Administrator

No man ever forgot his wedding anniversary or screwed up with count of years married.
There you have the proof for Obama's deed!

Call me naive, but I just can't see conspiracies in every word ever written or uttered.

PostPosted: 11/13/12 12:05 pm • # 9 
Administrator

The Petraeus story and speculation gets weirder by the minute ~ this "sidebar" is a top contender for the prize ~ I regularly admit that I have a "warped" gene ~ but this is maybe the worst proof-reading EVER ~ and I can't stop laughing at it ~ :o ~ Sooz

ABC station botches Petraeus book cover: ‘ALL Up IN My Snatch’
By David Edwards
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:28 EST

An ABC News affiliate in Denver says that while attempting to report on the resignation of former CIA Director David Petraeus, the station mistakenly aired a photoshopped version of his mistress’ book with the raunchy title “All Up In My Snatch.”

KMGH-TV producer Deb Stanley told Raw Story that the wrong book cover had been “mistakenly picked up off the Internet” and aired during their 5 p.m. broadcast on Monday. Instead of displaying the actual book cover of Paula Broadwell’s Petraeus biography, “All In,” KMGH-TV aired the parody cover, “All Up In My Snatch.”

“That actually happened and it was a mistake,” Stanley explained. “And it was not something we created. We don’t want that mistake out there.”

While the KMGH-TV did not post the segment on its website, a viewer captured video of the broadcast and provided it to Americablog.

And it was clear from comments posted on KMGH’s TheDenverChannel.com that several other viewers also caught the mistake.

“Not sure at all where you got your picture of Broadwell’s book for your 5pm news cast,” one viewer wrote. “I AM sure the title is NOT ‘ALL up IN my snatch’ ‘the education of General David Patraeus’ as you showed. I believe it is simply titled “All In”. Clever photoshopping by someone – - not so clever use of sources for a news cast!”

“I saw it too!” another viewer added. “I have been looking for, at the very least, an apology from 7 News. I hope someone’s head is on the chopping block; this was inexcusable behavior.”

Stanley could not confirm to Raw Story whether an apology or correction would be forthcoming from the station.

Watch this video from KMGH-TV, broadcast Nov. 12, 2012.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/13/abc-station-botches-petraeus-book-cover-all-up-in-my-snatch/

PostPosted: 11/13/12 12:23 pm • # 10 
Administrator

LMAO
Even FOX has to take a back seat now.

PostPosted: 11/13/12 12:31 pm • # 11 
The Petraeus thing is all bizarre. The whole investigation began because Broadwell was sending threatening e-mails to Jill Kelley, the State Department’s liaison to the military’s Joint Special Operations Command. The other woman was concerned about another other woman.

And this is the head of the CIA????? :sarcasm Central Intelligence Agency?

PostPosted: 11/13/12 2:13 pm • # 12 
My understanding of all this is the woman receiving all the emails had a friend in the FBI or CIA, I don't remember which now and he is the one who started this entire investigation. Seems to me this Broadwell woman didn't realize what a storm she would brew and not thinking about how her husband might feel once he got wind of this mess.

PostPosted: 11/13/12 2:22 pm • # 13 
And now there is this story about another General John Allen sending emails to the same woman getting the emails from Broadwell and he's suppose to be head of the operation in Afghanistan. This things really is wierd.

Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ] New Topic Add Reply