It is currently 09/20/24 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
PostPosted: 11/27/12 8:59 am • # 1 
Administrator

What immediately popped into my mind while reading this was Jack Nicholson bellowing "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" ~ :b ~ there are "live links" to more/corroborating info in the original, and bolding/emphasis below is in the original ~ Sooz

Fox News Abruptly Ends Interview After Guest Calls Out The Network For Hyping Benghazi Scandal
By Hamed Aleaziz and Hayes Brown on Nov 26, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Tom Ricks, author and Pulitzer prize winner who has reported for the Washington Post, lambasted Fox News’s coverage of the Benghazi attacks in an interview with the conservative network on Monday. Ricks, who has written extensively on the American military, called Fox an “operating as a wing of Republican Party” that “hyped” the Benghazi attack as a faux-scandal.

During the interview, which lasted only a minute and 40 seconds, Ricks responded to a loaded question with a remark that surprised the anchor:

Quote:
JON SCOTT (HOST): Senator John McCain said in the past he would block any attempt to nominate Susan Rice to become U.N. — I’m sorry, Secretary of State. She’s currently the U.N. ambassador. He seems to be backing away from that. What do you make of it?

RICKS: I think that Benghazi generally was hyped, by this network especially, and that now that the campaign is over, I think he’s backing off a little bit. They’re not going to stop Susan Rice from being secretary of state.

After Ricks called Fox the “operating wing” of the GOP, Scott ended the interview. Watch it:

Ricks’ assessment of Fox’s role in what they themselves dubbed “Benghazi-gate” is accurate. Since the Sept. 11 attack that killed four U.S. citizens, Fox has pushed a constant stream of conspiracy theories and easily countered “facts” claiming that the Obama administration lied to the public in their response. Even Fox’s own personalities have had trouble accepting the push at times, but Ricks’ blunt statements caught the network off-guard.

The interview apparently didn’t sit well with Fox: a “news staffer” told Ricks that he was rude while he was on air. Ricks’ segment, according to an interview he gave with the New York Times, was about “half as long as planned.”

“I had told the producer before I went on that I thought the Benghazi story had been hyped. So it should have been no surprise when I said it and the anchor pushed back that I defended my view,” Ricks told Politico. Ricks also told the New York Times that he was going to discuss the “lack of combat readiness of some Army units” but he never got the opportunity,. “They seemed to lose interest in that,” he said.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/11/26/1237231/ricks-fox-news-benghazi/

PostPosted: 11/27/12 9:11 am • # 2 
This is the funniest thing. The newscaster said all the nice things about the author then he blasts them. Gotta love it and everything he said is so true.

PostPosted: 11/27/12 9:51 am • # 3 
Administrator

BAM!

PostPosted: 11/27/12 11:42 am • # 4 
Editorialist

LOL!!!!!

PostPosted: 11/27/12 6:18 pm • # 5 
Administrator

If, as I strongly suspect, this is Fox's way of covering its own butt and embarrassment/anger, then Fox has surpassed my opinion of it by sinking to a new unimaginable depth ~ :ey ~ Sooz

Ricks scuttles claim by Fox that he apologized privately for remarks
By David Ferguson
Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:42 EST

A Fox News Channel (FNC) vice president has told the Hollywood Reporter that author Tom Ricks apologized privately for his comments on Monday that the network has been “operating as wing of the Republican Party.” But Ricks denied ever making any such apology.

On Monday, Ricks alleged that Fox and the Republican Party’s obsession with the raid on the American consulate in Benghazi was an election gambit by the right that has somehow survived the election.

When Fox anchor Jon Scott asked, “When you have four people dead, including the first U.N. ambassador in more than 30 years, how do you call that ‘hype’?”, Ricks responded by asking Scott if he knew how many security contractors died in Iraq.

Scott was forced to admit, “I don’t.”

FNC’s Michael Clemente, executive vive president of news and editorial, accused Ricks of trying to gin up controversy in order to sell more books.

“When Mr. Ricks ignored the anchor’s question, it became clear that his goal was to bring attention to himself — and his book,” Clemente said to the Reporter via email. “He apologized in our offices afterward but doesn’t have the strength of character to do that publicly.”

The Reporter asked Ricks if such an apology had taken place, to which he responded, “Please ask Mr. Clemente what the words of my supposed apology were. I’d be interested to know. Frankly, I don’t remember any such apology.”

Ricks, a former Washington Post columnist, is the author of The Generals, a book detailing the failures of U.S. strategy in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/27/ricks-scuttles-claim-by-fox-that-he-apologized-privately-for-remarks/

PostPosted: 11/27/12 6:24 pm • # 6 
Administrator

Oy, oy, oy.
Fox looks dumber and dumbest.

PostPosted: 11/29/12 12:31 pm • # 7 
He has been on other talk shows and certainly didn't say he apologized.

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply